Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Ambulances - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Other Emergency Vehicle Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Ambulances (/showthread.php?tid=2096)

Ambulances - Guest - 07-31-2006

Quote:Bender - Is that some sort of air ride device that the Stryker is on? Had heard of such but never seen one up close. Thanks in advance, Neal Craig

Neal you´re right, this is the newest generation of air spring mounted ride. you can pump it up about 1/2 meter, can fix it at that higher level or make it elastic for spine injuries etc. also you can either lift the head or the foot of the striker ride. really good for head trauma or the other for shock.

feel free to ask

Ambulances - Guest - 08-01-2006

Bender, thank you so much for the "tour".

I have 1 question on the "side" door of the Ambulance body is it a Sliding Door or a Swing Away Door.

I hope you don't mind me "borrowing" your photo to help me ask my question, I circled the door that is in question.

Ambulances - Guest - 08-01-2006

I have 1 question on the "side" door of the Ambulance body is it a Sliding Door or a Swing Away Door.

I hope you don't mind me "borrowing" your photo to help me ask my question, I circled the door that is in question.

This is a sliding door, the elder beige colored modell above has a swing away door. After years they decided to use the sliding ones because its easier and they do not need to much clearance if they´re open

Ambulances - Guest - 08-04-2006

A little late to the party, but some stuff from a recent trip back east....

I think this is one of the best graphics schemes I've ever seen, New York Downtown Hospital.

Graphics

Haztalah Volunteer Ambulance

LAD RA 51, through the window of the plane.... not so great..

[quote name='code20photog' post='18979' date='Aug 4 2006, 00:49 ']Graphics[/quote]

What the heck is the single large silhouette in place of the WTC supposed to represent?

Ambulances - BFD1151 - 08-06-2006

OWL VFD in Woodbridge,VA has this Freightliner FL/Medic Master basic ambulance as A502.

Ambulances - Guest - 08-07-2006

1978 Caddy Ambulance AMR

MA Dept of Fire Services Hazardous Materials Response

Each team has 1-2 Operational Response Units (ORUs) vehicles that contain specialized personal protective equipment, decontamination equipment and containment equipment to allow the technician to enter the hazardous environment, mitigate the hazard and to be properly decontaminated.

MA Dept of Fire Services Hazardous Materials Response

Door Emblem

Ambulances - BFD1151 - 08-07-2006

Williamsport,MD EMS ambulance 293 is a Ford E-350/Horton.

Ambulances - BFD1151 - 08-07-2006

Washington County,MD reserve ambulance 289 is an 1980s Ford F-350/Collins.

Ambulances - Guest - 08-08-2006

Quote:WOW! Looks alot like FORT LAUDERDALE FIRE RESCUE!

Here is a link to their site to see the rest of the fleet. [url="http://www.ci.kirkwood.mo.us/fire/Apparatus.htm"]KIRKWOOD FIRE RESCUE[/url] They painted the Pierce Dash pumper all red with a white stripe outlined in blue. The ambulances and the ladder were all delivered painted as pictured. I think the ladder would look better with the splash on the side like the ambos.

[quote name='ResQguy' post='18989' date='Aug 4 2006, 00:58 ']What the heck is the single large silhouette in place of the WTC supposed to represent?[/quote]

ResQguy- That could be an accurate silhoute of the WTC and skyline. Depending on where you were looking at the skyline, you didn't always see 2 towers. Some places you would see only one tower, with the other one behind it.

Scott

Seems kinda silly, if you ask me. Being from Bergen County originally, I know what they looked like from every angle, and when there was no light between them, you could then see the difference in height- which is not represented in that silhouette. Not to mention the antenna, which they included on the ESB.

Ambulances - BFD1151 - 08-09-2006

Bladensburg Ambulance 99 is a 2006 Freightliner M2/?.

Ambulances - NationalPoliceCarArchives - 08-09-2006

Silver Spring (Cumberland County) PA Ambulance

Ford E-350

[Image: NewArchives436-vi.jpg]

Ambulances - Guest - 08-09-2006

If you do not mind too much - The Blandensburg M2 is a MedicMaster. Great pics by the way. Thanks for sharing.