Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
St. Louis Metro - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: St. Louis Metro (/showthread.php?tid=2077)

St. Louis Metro - ben_mazanec - 04-24-2011

One more with flash!

Pumper 28's quint in the shop...

Another...

From the tip with the cab tilted! and a view under the cab from the aerial...

Looking down the stick!

Looking up the stick...

And the last one! Ha! hope you all enjoy these Spy Shots!

St. Louis Metro - Guest - 04-25-2011

Fantastic pictures Ben thank you

St. Louis Metro - MFD76 - 04-25-2011

[quote name='Ben' timestamp='1303702248' post='436671']

One more with flash!

[/quote]

Where arenthe power arch warning lights? I know there made right in Webster Groves. Why did StL stop using them?

Thanks in advance, Rick

St. Louis Metro - Guest - 04-25-2011

[quote name='MFD 61 KS' timestamp='1303743242' post='436741']

Where arenthe power arch warning lights? I know there made right in Webster Groves. Why did StL stop using them?

Thanks in advance, Rick

[/quote]

Code3 won the contract back. They are also made in StLouis County. Code3 once again has St Louis Fire, EMS and Police

St. Louis Metro - MFD76 - 04-25-2011

[quote name='SLCPDEXPLORER' timestamp='1303749502' post='436752']

Code3 won the contract back. They are also made in StLouis County. Code3 once again has St Louis Fire, EMS and Police

[/quote]

Thanks Phil

St. Louis Metro - Guest - 04-29-2011

Here's a quick shot of Engine 2 on the 11th Street side of the repair shops. Starting to hear some companies using the new terminology. The 75' quints are now known as Trucks.

St. Louis Metro - firetrucks - 04-29-2011

can everybody please post any past and current apparatus photos they have of the Pacific FPD, Chesterfield FPD, Monarch FPD, Hillsboro FPD Missouri

[quote name='LFPDT75' timestamp='1304114846' post='437320']

can everybody please post any past and current apparatus photos they have of the Pacific FPD, Chesterfield FPD, Monarch FPD, Hillsboro FPD Missouri

[/quote]

I have quite a few Pacific pictures beginning on page 59, post 1177 of this topic. Then I only have 1 junky cell phone pic of their newest piece.

[quote name='LFPDT75' timestamp='1304114846' post='437320']

[/quote]

I only have 1 truck from Hillsboro

Hillsboro, MO

Pumper/Rescue 6524

2004 Crimson

1,2,8,23,24,26,28,31,and 32 as of right now are getting Engines, pumpers, fire apparatus without an aerial.

Question on the Fire Truck Rally, when is it normally held every year and how soon do they announce when it will be? My girlfriend and I are planning on attending the 2012 and need to plan for it. And how hard would it be to arrange to see as many City stations as possible along with a couple of the county departments?

St. Louis Metro - Guest - 04-30-2011

Usually the 2nd saturday of september. Last few years the parade moves west, down to the riverfront. That is where the muster is held, demonstrations and a shopping area. Last few years there has been poor attendance. As for touring the stations, theres 30 (as of 2011). A city tour could take a couple hours, if you stop at all 30 houses, photos, etc. There are several specaial engine houses in the city (several built before 1900), but maybe more than half were built on several similar styles and look the same. My opinion, the neater county firehouses are further outside of the city limits. One must see the Taj Mahal, that is Creve Coeur House 1. Black Jack in north county has 3 new engine houses, which are pretty impressive. Firepics Member Capt. Dubowski has a top notch firehouse in north county (Spanish Lake FPD). Depending on when construction starts, Ferguson House 1 may be close to being completed. Berkeley FD should be moved into their new house. Pattonville have several on the table. -Side note, luckilly Pattonville didnt have their new engine house 1 under construction or worse, completed, as the tornado(s) that came through north county last week, took a path that went right over the space to be occupied by the fire station.

Good Luck

Nozzleman,

Here's my best advice to you on your trip to STL. Don't expect too much from the St. Louis rally. It gets smaller every year and there is not much participation from the STL County depts. Its a real shame that its kinda become a flop. My favorite rally these days is the Jefferson County rally held in Herculaneum on Sat. Sept 24. Its about 30 minutes south of STL. Lots of rigs and lots of participation from all over.

Go to this website for a pretty good list of the stations in St. Louis and suburbs. The rig list is a little out of date but at least it'll give you a good idea of where to go. http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/scan/stlcntyfd10.html

Your best bet in the county is to pick one section such as north county or the central corridor. Its pretty densely populated with lots of stations in close proximity to each other.

Thank you both very much, I am sad to hear that the Rally is getting bad. I had already planned a few stations to see, Affton and Crestwood, and maybe one or two of the Mehlville Stations. We are planning on four days in St Louis so I will have a little time to see several stations, and I would like to see the Spanish Lake station if it is ok with the Cap.