Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Yonkers, NY FD - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Yonkers, NY FD (/showthread.php?tid=1781)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Yonkers, NY FD - firetdriver_99 - 03-14-2015

Quote:One of 2 new pumpers being built by Ferarra.
I saw these being built on Ferrara's page other than the 2 lower compartments on both sides they dont look to have hardly any compartment space whatsoever on them is this normal for an engine company in Yonkers or are they some kind of special units? If they are engine company vehicles they look like they would lack the space to house the needed equipment. **Not trying  being smart or knocking yonkers spec I was just curious **

Yonkers, NY FD - Guest - 03-14-2015

That and Ferrara is advertising them as "rescue Pumpers"

Yonkers, NY FD - johndanger - 03-15-2015

Quote:I saw these being built on Ferrara's page other than the 2 lower compartments on both sides they dont look to have hardly any compartment space whatsoever on them is this normal for an engine company in Yonkers or are they some kind of special units? If they are engine company vehicles they look like they would lack the space to house the needed equipment. **Not trying  being smart or knocking yonkers spec I was just curious **

The last round of Smeals had high side compartments but the ALFs and Macks before had the same configuration as these Ferraras

Yonkers, NY FD - firetdriver_99 - 03-15-2015

Quote: 

The last round of Smeals had high side compartments but the ALFs and Macks before had the same configuration as these Ferraras
Ok was just curious like John said they had them advertised as rescue pumpers and I was wondering where they were going to carry all the extra stuff

Yonkers, NY FD - R1SmokeEater - 03-15-2015

On Ferrara page it does say "Rescue-Pumper". They are not. The last round Smeal pumper configuration did not work out (our fault. Design sucked). With these Ferraras we reverted back to the design that worked for us, same as the Mack/Ward 79 body design. No high compartments on these, low hosebed, front suction is back. Over the rear wheels, on officer side we carry 3-Lengths of 1-3/4" preconnect and on driver side is our "donuts" (Standpipe packs). On the last Smeals we lost both of these spots, which forced them to be carried in areas that weren't easily deployed for an engine company.

They spec'd some kind of interior EMS cabinet which should free up an exterior compartment where it was kept now.

Yonkers, NY FD - R1SmokeEater - 03-15-2015

Quote:That and ferrara is advertising them as "rescue Pumpers"

We also are having a Ferrara tower ladder built. It's listed as 85' on site, it is not. It is a 75' as anything bigger wont fit in the Firehouse or neighborhood.

Yonkers, NY FD - firetdriver_99 - 03-16-2015

Quote:On Ferrara page it does say "Rescue-Pumper". They are not. The last round Smeal pumper configuration did not work out (our fault. Design sucked). With these Ferraras we reverted back to the design that worked for us, same as the Mack/Ward 79 body design. No high compartments on these, low hosebed, front suction is back. Over the rear wheels, on officer side we carry 3-Lengths of 1-3/4" preconnect and on driver side is our "donuts" (Standpipe packs). On the last Smeals we lost both of these spots, which forced them to be carried in areas that weren't easily deployed for an engine company.

They spec'd some kind of interior EMS cabinet which should free up an exterior compartment where it was kept now.
ok thanks I do like the old school look to them

Yonkers, NY FD - R1SmokeEater - 05-07-2015

Almost completed Ferrara pumper:

Yonkers, NY FD - BFD190 - 05-07-2015

Hope it works out . Sharp looking city piece.

Yonkers, NY FD - OPEN CAB MACK - 05-08-2015

Quote:Almost completed Ferrara pumper:

Nice looking rig.  However, one thing is missing from under the windshield, the "Bulldog". 

Yonkers, NY FD - upstatefire31 - 05-08-2015

I agree!       There needs to be a rebirth of the Mack CF........  they can call it  "Bullbog Series" 

Yonkers, NY FD - ACPD227 - 05-08-2015

Quote:I agree!       There needs to be a rebirth of the Mack CF........  they can call it  "Bullbog Series" 

I would also agree in theory. But we don't just need a name badge we need a true work horse.   

Yonkers, NY FD - upstatefire31 - 05-09-2015

Yeah...there not like they used to be. Seems like the 20yr life span is cut down to -10 yrs now 

Yonkers, NY FD - firetdriver_99 - 05-09-2015

Quote:I agree!       There needs to be a rebirth of the Mack CF........  they can call it  "Bullbog Series" 
Only if they build the bodies on them better than the rust buckets they made in the past. But the new Ferrara looks sharp best of luck with them.

Yonkers, NY FD - R1SmokeEater - 05-10-2015

Another.

Yonkers, NY FD - R1SmokeEater - 05-10-2015

Yonkers, NY FD - npfd801 - 05-10-2015

Quote: 

We also are having a Ferrara tower ladder built. It's listed as 85' on site, it is not. It is a 75' as anything bigger wont fit in the Firehouse or neighborhood.

Only because I guess I'm OCD, why is the tower ladder being built on a different chassis than the engines?  Just curious.

Sure like engines that are just that, engines. 

Yonkers, NY FD - R1SmokeEater - 05-11-2015

Quote:Only because I guess I'm OCD, why is the tower ladder being built on a different chassis than the engines?  Just curious.

Sure like engines that are just that, engines.

From what I heard, it's because of the wider cab to fit the largest motor(to power the truck for our hills) in it as we can get......that's what I hear. Anyone with more knowledge on Ferraras?

Funny thing was after KME won the FDNY pumper bid, they came to see us about building these pumpers, but I guess they lost low bid to Ferrara

Yonkers, NY FD - BFD190 - 05-11-2015

Really does look like a very well thought out city piece. Hope they work out well.

Yonkers, NY FD - R1SmokeEater - 05-11-2015

Quote:Really does look like a very well thought out city piece. Hope they work out well.
Hope so too!