Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Fairfax County VA - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Fairfax County VA (/showthread.php?tid=1995)

Fairfax County VA - SrFireOfficial - 11-08-2011

And in other news...

The hazmat POD still exists and is used for storage of the hazmat training props. The Hazmat units were out on a run but the Spill Response Control Unit was there all padlocked up and I've been away from the program so long that I don't even know the secret handshake anymore. They were originally designed to carry a large amount of absorbent material (clay, pads etc) instead of loading down the HMSU with tons of absorbent materials.

Fairfax County VA - Guest - 11-08-2011

Last time I checked PG was part of the COG system, which bears on this conversation and your statement about stations being non-COG numbered. You broached the subject, sir.

Fairfax County VA - drfeelgood - 11-08-2011

[quote name='Good2Go' timestamp='1320806731' post='463143']

Last time I checked PG was part of the COG system, which bears on this conversation and your statement about stations being non-COG numbered. You broached the subject, sir.

[/quote]

Like I said it's PG dancing to the beat of the own drummer as usual. Trust me I KNOW what applies to COG and the numbering system and the stations are not part of it and I laugh everytime I see the stations with the COG number in email signatures and such. The other is "B" vs "Bravo" but why bore everyone on here with the stupidity of the COG world and the numbering system. I say carry on and lets see more great FXCO pics.

Fairfax County VA - lawrencewhite111 - 11-08-2011

Any more news with apparatus as far as Vienna goes and the progress on the 4 Velocities on order and the Velocity for Fairfax City?

[quote name='drfeelgood' timestamp='1320807746' post='463145']

Like I said it's PG dancing to the beat of the own drummer as usual. Trust me I KNOW what applies to COG and the numbering system and the stations are not part of it and I laugh everytime I see the stations with the COG number in email signatures and such. The other is "B" vs "Bravo" but why bore everyone on here with the stupidity of the COG world and the numbering system. I say carry on and lets see more great FXCO pics.

[/quote]

Couldn't agree more!!!

Engine 31

Fairfax County VA - davemcclung - 11-10-2011

Leesburg Pike (Route 7) and Beulah Road

Shovels in the ground for Station 42. Pictures taken a few weeks ago on my last trip.

Haven't shot anything yet this trip, too busy having a social life.

Fairfax County VA - Guest - 11-10-2011

Engine and Medic 31

Fairfax County VA - drfeelgood - 11-10-2011

Looks like old Rescue 419 is for sale again

[url="http://www.companytwofire.com/Public/InventoryVehicle.aspx?id=913"]http://www.companytwofire.com/Public/InventoryVehicle.aspx?id=913[/url]

Fairfax County VA - Guest - 11-11-2011

Yes it is. From what I've been told, Latrobe has a 2012 IHC/Kenco being built.

Fairfax County VA - EngineMan - 11-11-2011

Does that mean they're downsizing?

Fairfax County VA - davemcclung - 11-14-2011

[quote name='treywhite' timestamp='1320807821' post='463146']

Any more news with apparatus as far as Vienna goes and the progress on the 4 Velocities on order and the Velocity for Fairfax City?

[/quote]

Does anyone know what what the Velocity for Fairfax City is going to be used for? Are they going to replace the Foam Engine or the the Rescue Engine? Any scoop?

Fairfax County VA - Guest - 11-14-2011

[quote name='Dave McClung' timestamp='1321318375' post='463658'] Does anyone know what what the Velocity for Fairfax City is going to be used for? Are they going to replace the Foam Engine or the the Rescue Engine? Any scoop?[/quote]

My understanding is it will be a Rescue Engine since they are currently forced to use the Quantum Wagon when the Rescue Engine is OOS. That way the city will always have Rescue Company coverage.

Fairfax County VA - stokess - 11-15-2011

The new E402 has been ordered, I think it will be about a year before delivery. Reportedly they were able to get an 07 spec 60 series motor that had been committed to a rig that didn't get built and was sitting there.

[quote name='treywhite' timestamp='1320807821' post='463146']

[/quote]

Fairfax County VA - Fire28 - 11-18-2011

Got out and about in NOVA today. Here's the 3 managed to get. I was hoping to get 439s new box truck but it left for training as soon as I pulled into the station parking lot.

Tysons Corner Truck 429

[Image: T429.jpg]

Frying Pan Tower 436

[Image: T436.jpg]

Northpoint Engine 439

[Image: E439.jpg]

Fairfax County VA - FDNY 10-75 - 11-20-2011

Great shots!

Fairfax County VA - jim kay - 11-20-2011

Fairfax had sme nice equipment.... Thanks for sharing..

Fairfax County VA - lawrencewhite111 - 01-15-2012

Engine 436