Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Terry's Tid Bits II - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Terry's Tid Bits II (/showthread.php?tid=2025)

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 03-12-2017

Glen Dale also runs this Pierce Arrow XT rescue.After looking I believe it is a Dash

Terry

Hollywood ,Md runs this Pierce Arrow XT TDA.

Terry

The Community Fire Co. of York New Salem,Pa runs this Hendrickson/CarMar(?) unit maybe retired by now.

Terry

St. Leonard,Md runs this massive Pierce Velocity rescue.

Terry

The Anne Arundel Alarmers runs this Pierce Saber canteen wagon,I'm sure Hungrybus know the info on this one...

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 04-29-2017

Abington, Md placed this 2017 Pierce Enforcer 1250/500 105' quint in service this morning.Unit also has the new All Steer option.

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 04-29-2017

The Perry Point VA Hospital runs this 2003 Pierce Lance rescue with All-Steer(former US Capitol Police)unit has a small pump and tank.

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - Juice - 04-30-2017

Quote:Abington, Md placed this 2017 Pierce Enforcer 1250/500 105' quint in service this morning.Unit also has the new All Steer option.

Terry

Delivered with simulators over the All Steer wheels, and already gone.

Terry's Tid Bits II - jshippey - 05-01-2017

I see Abington is changing their color scheme.....not to bad. Are they planning to repaint existing units to match?

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 08-07-2017

Greenville,North Carolina recently placed this Pierce Velocity 1500/500"(?) in service.Unit is set up to transport a patient.

Terry

Here's the other side...

Terry

A look inside...

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - AFD Prescott - 08-08-2017

Terry this unit was delivered as Engine 7 did they send the existing engine 3 off just to get this one up and running?

Terry's Tid Bits II - FireMedic049 - 08-08-2017

Quote:Terry this unit was delivered as Engine 7 did they send the existing engine 3 off just to get this one up and running?
As I understand things from previous discussions regarding this unit on other sites................

This unit was intended for Station 7, which doesn't yet exist.  Currently, all stations have an ambulance and a staffed suppression unit (engine or quint).  The proposed location for Station 7 is in what will initially be a lower run district and I got the impression that they don't have enough approved staffing to put one of each separate unit in the new station.  Thus, they decided on this unit which they say will be primarily used as an engine and only utilized for transport when necessary to do so (last available transport unit or serious patient that can't wait).

Since the new station is not there yet, the unit was going to be used from an existing station in some fashion to get used to using it and try to figure out some of the stuff that goes with a new type of unit that you don't see until you use it.  I'm not sure if I understood correctly, but it sounded like they were planning to redirect staffing from one of the current EMS units to this unit rather than just having the suppression crew use the unit instead of their current piece.  Not sure if that's what they actually did.

Terry's Tid Bits II - ACPD227 - 08-09-2017

Do they have air pack seats on the back wall?

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 08-09-2017

I was told as well that the truck was placed in service so as to get warranty time. Also was told air packs are in a compartment and that if their turnout gear is dirty it cannot go in the transport section of the truck...

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - willman940 - 08-09-2017

Quote:I was told as well that the truck was placed in service so as to get warranty time. Also was told air packs are in a compartment and that if their turnout gear is dirty it cannot go in the transport section of the truck...

Terry
its one of those.....

Terry's Tid Bits II - johndanger - 08-10-2017

Quote:I was told as well that the truck was placed in service so as to get warranty time. Also was told air packs are in a compartment and that if their turnout gear is dirty it cannot go in the transport section of the truck...

Terry

Banghead

So it's an ambulance not a fire engine, got it

Terry's Tid Bits II - FireMedic049 - 08-12-2017

Quote: 

Banghead

So it's an ambulance not a fire engine, got it
No, it's an engine that's also an ambulance.

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 08-31-2017

Avon,North Carolina recently took delivery of this E-1 Q-Max pumper.

Terry