Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous (/showthread.php?tid=1954)

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - firemag - 10-23-2009

rescueff,

The two engines will go to 14/11 and 13. Both 11 and 14 run the same year ALFs, so I'm not positive which one will be replaced. The squad will replace Fire Squad 3.

Jerry

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - Engine2524 - 10-24-2009

Based on a few things already delivered and some other things that are on order, it looks like I have some photo taking to do when I am down in Williamsburg at the end of June.

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - rescueff - 10-24-2009

[quote name='firemag' date='23 October 2009 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1256330278' post='344258']

rescueff,

The two engines will go to 14/11 and 13. Both 11 and 14 run the same year ALFs, so I'm not positive which one will be replaced. The squad will replace Fire Squad 3.

Jerry

[/quote]

Thanks firemag. Do you know if they have replaced any other units recently such as Support units & Battalion Chief vehicles?

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - firemag - 10-24-2009

rescueff,

Sorry, I really don't track support vehicles. When I was there in February, the BC were riding 2002 Chevrolet Suburbans.

Jerry

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - VFN102 - 10-25-2009

This past Wednesday Roto-Ray, firemag and I went to Charlottesville. We first stopped at CARS (Charlottesville-Albemarle Rescue Squad) to grab a couple of photos. In 2008, Firehouse magazine ranked CARS as the busiest volunteer rescue squad in the country with over 12,000 calls.

Squad 133

1987 Mack MC686FC/Saulsbury

Next is a neat looking short wheelbase squad housed at the substation, located next to Seminole Trail VFD. As small as this thing is, Roto-Ray will attest that it BARELY squeezes into the two bay building.

Squad 134

1998 International 4800 (AWD)/Pierce

Job # EB324

This is the newest squad with German Red striping. The old 35mm film could not reproduce the color when developed, but those who saw this truck in person can tell you how good it looked. Unfortunately exposure to the sun for extended periods takes a toll causing rather severe fading.

Squad 135

2003 Mack MR688P/Pierce

Job #13790

Last one for me, this too has faded quite a bit.

Water Rescue 136

2000 Ford F550/AEV

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - photone - 10-31-2009

Grabbed a few Isle of Wight, Suffolk, and Chesapeake rigs in my roamin' around over the last couple of weeks...as well as an old Chesapeake rig that was very possibly a former Richmond piece as well.

First up, Found this gal posing in the sun (With the sun on the wrong side!) behind Rushtmere's (Isle of Wight Station 30) station. GM?/Emergency Outfitters. Grabbed these during a Wednesday trip (Made necessary by my truly weird work schedule) so there was no one around to ask about it.

Officers side...

...Pump Panel.

And the rear view...

Next, Afew Suffolk and Chesapeake rigs.

Grabbed this noble beast behind Holland (Suffolk Station 7's) Station. Looks like it was once a brush rig and is now the mother of all Utility rigs.

Suffolk Engine 4, responding on a run they caught just as I arrived at the station.

Suffolk is well on it's way to having all Pierce first run apparatus, with a few Grumman's and American LaFrances in the mix. Most of their reserve engines are Grummans (The guys loved 'em when they were first run, and had lots of good things to say about 'em.)

Back In The Day, Suffolk had a mix of American LaFrance and Oren.

Suffolk Engine 10 (Driver)

Chesapeake Foam 2...sorry about the DISS (Dreaded In Station Shot!) Everyone else at Station 2 was out training.

And Foam 2's business end.

Station 2's captain was stuck at the station doing paper work and related chores...he told me he appreciated the short break.

Chesapeake Engine 3...One of Chesapeake's new P.U.C.'s in it's natural habitat.

I was racing the clouds all day when I grabbed Chesapeake's North End stations.

Old Engine 12...Pierce Arrow

And her replacement, sitting out back.

Chesapeake Truck 12...a Quantum TDA...is also assigned to Station 12. I got invited to swing back by when they aren't as busy as they were when I grabbed these so I can grab some pictures of Truck 12.

And yes...Isle of Wight, Suffolk, and Chesapeake station pics are coming.

Oh...and SPEAKING of Truck 12...