Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Empire State Oldies - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Empire State Oldies (/showthread.php?tid=2091)

Empire State Oldies - Guest - 07-23-2006

Next up are a few antiques that I caught at a parade yesterday honoring the Chili FD on their 75th anniversary. First up is a 19?? Ford/ ? belonging to the Chili FD.

Next up is a 19?? ALF pumper. The vehicle is lettered for the Genesee Vally FD, which is now a part of the Henrietta FD. This truck just finished being restored last year.

Next up is this 19?? Ford Model T from the Crescent Beach FD, which is now the Lakeshore FD located in the town of Greece.

Next up, and the last one for tonight is this very unique 1946 Jeep Brush unit from the Mumford FD. Last I knew this rig is still used by the department in case of major incidents requiring a 4x4 vehicle, and is still considered one of their frontline rigs. I have more info on this rig somewhere's in a drawer, and will post more info about the rig, once I find it. I hope you all enjoyed these pics, and there are more coming as soon as I have more time to post them.

Jeff Ambroz-Rochester,NY

Jeff - Welcome Back! Great to see you posting again!

Yes, Yes, touring with Georgia Dave is a treat!

Here's another Fox. Rockville Centre's (LI) 1937 model BT 1000gpm Reg #4018

[quote name='grumpyFF' post='12632' date='Jul 21 2006, 14:00 ']Posted on the old board, I lost the info...

Tarryrown Ahrens-Fox. Last piston pumper produced, in 195?[/quote]

1952 model HT 1000 gpm Reg # 3488.

Phil, Bklyn.

[quote name='tascman' post='6510' date='Jul 9 2006, 19:52 '][color="#009900"]Perry, NY had this beautiful 1937 American LaFrance 500 Series pumper. Registration # 7806 had a 750 gpm pump and a 250 gallon water tank. Mattson Collection[/color][/quote]

In a continuing spirit of gentle, fraternal correction and in a never ending effort to 'get-it-right' I submit the following update:

This is a 400 series ALF.

It's built on the Master series chassis and is the first to have the pump, controls, intake and discahrge mounted directly behind the engine and in front of the driver/officer. Introduced in 1935 it made use of a V-12 driving a 1000gpm pump. The production run lasted three years.

I have a copy of the ALF 400 Series Operating Manual if anyone out there is in need of a fix.

Phil, Bklyn

[quote name='matchot' post='13708' date='Jul 23 2006, 03:46 ']Wow, what a great thread you have gotten started here Scott. Now it's my turn to finally post a few pics, and they couldn't fit into a better category than this one. First we'll start with a pic I took on this past friday evening of the Kenilworth FD Young, while it was parked outside the Harris Hill FD. I managed to catch a few hard to grab rigs while I stopped there, seeing them all parked at the FD. Why they were there, I have no idea, but it was pure luck that I chose to head back home that way. Earlier in the day I was out pixing the Buffalo area with GA Dave, and also received a fantastic tour of the ALF Hamburg facility by fellow pixer Roger Wnek. Roger thanks for the great tour, and the pixing opporitunity. I hope you all will enjoy these pics which I'll be posting.

Jeff Ambroz-Rochester,NY[/quote]

Jeff, good to see you back on the board!

Now for a few more pics in this thread from yesterday's Chili 75th anniversary parade. First up is this Mack from the Gates-Chili FD which was also recently restored. I'm not sure on the model or the year of this Mack.

Next up is this 1941 GMC/? from the West Brighton FD. I think this rig may have been built by Rochester Fire Equipment, but am not positive. It served West Brighton for many years, and is now used as a parade and muster rig by the department.

Next up is this 1932 Chevrolet/? from the Mendon FD. This rig is also used as strictly a parade/muster rig by the department.

Next up is this 19?? Ford/? from the Fishers FD, also used by the dept. for musters and parades.

Next up is another 19?? Ford/? from the Egypt FD, also used as a parade/muster rig by the dept.

Next up is this 19?? ALF from the Pittsford FD. This rig is still used in frontline sevice by the dept. as a reserve spare rig. the rig is designated as Pumper-383.

Next up is this oddball rig, which is also still used in frontline service from the Chili FD.I forget all the particulars on this rig, as my info is also tucked away in a drawer on this on, except it is an LTI Platform. there are still a few of these rigs floating around in frontline service around WNY, and CNY. GA Dave probably can fill us in better on this one, until I can dig up my notes on it. the rig is designated as Quint-4310.

Next up, we're off to another recent parade held on July 4th weekend in Springwater,NY. The first rig is a 19?? Chevrolet/? from the Sparta Center FD in Livingston County. I am not sure if they still run this rig in service or not, as I didn't get a chance to talk with anyone from the department about this rig.

Next up is this 1925? Buffalo from the Honeoye Falls FD. This rig is strictly a parade/muster rig and is still owned by the department.

Next up are a few antiques from the Webster FD 100th Anniversary Parade, which was held last week July 15, 2006. the first pic, is of the same 1925? Buffalo owned by the Honeoye Falls FD.

Next up is this 1948 ALF Tiller which formerly served the Kingston,NY FD. It is now privately owned by a Webster, NY resident.

Next up is this 1936 WLF which is still owned by the Webster FD, and is used as a parade/muster rig.