Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Fairfax County VA - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Fairfax County VA (/showthread.php?tid=1995)

Fairfax County VA - Guest - 03-31-2012

New Engine 429

Fairfax County VA - Guest - 03-31-2012

New Engine 421

Fairfax County VA - Guest - 04-03-2012

Fairfax City Rescue Engine 33, which from what I have "heard" is soon to be replaced by a Pierce Velocity Rescue Engine. This we resolve them having to downgrade to an Engine Company (using their reserve Pierce Quantum) when the Rescue Engine is OOS. This is one of my favorite NOVA rigs. Talk about a well spec'd and equipped rig.

Side

Engine 409. Sorry for the lighting gents.

Fairfax County VA - davemcclung - 04-03-2012

[quote name='Good2Go' timestamp='1333470228' post='479846']

Fairfax City Rescue Engine 33, which from what I have "heard" is soon to be replaced by a Pierce Velocity Rescue Engine. This we resolve them having to downgrade to an Engine Company (using their reserve Pierce Quantum) when the Rescue Engine is OOS. This is one of my favorite NOVA rigs. Talk about a well spec'd and equipped rig.

[/quote]

Yes very nice rig and great specs although I still argue that the best spec's RE in NOVA is Rescue Engine 510.

Do any of you have compartment/interior cab shots of RE433? When that rig was placed into service a while back, I was still at GMU, wanted to visit 33 but never got the chance to check her out.

Stay Safe and Thanks!

Fairfax County VA - Guest - 04-04-2012

[quote name='Dave McClung' timestamp='1333504562' post='479898']

Yes very nice rig and great specs although I still argue that the best spec's RE in NOVA is Rescue Engine 510.

[/quote]

I would put them neck and neck. The paid and volunteer guys who staff that rig (when it was the E\-One at least) concurred it was awesome. Having looked at the E\-One up close it was an OUTSTANGLY spec'd rig. The layout of the inside/bucket had all the hand tools well positioned for the guys to go to work. I have yet to see their KME up close. Good point Dave!

Fairfax County VA - drfeelgood - 04-05-2012

[quote name='Good2Go' timestamp='1333579546' post='479937'] I would put them neck and neck. The paid and volunteer guys who staff that rig (when it was the E\-One at least) concurred it was awesome. Having looked at the E\-One up close it was an OUTSTANGLY spec'd rig. The layout of the inside/bucket had all the hand tools well positioned for the guys to go to work. I have yet to see their KME up close. Good point Dave! [/quote]

The last time I checked Dale City's Rescue Engine 510 was a Pierce and they only had one. I think your talking about the Rescues. Either way all 3 were well designed with a lot of thought in the lay outs and job function.

Fairfax County VA - Guest - 04-05-2012

[quote name='drfeelgood' timestamp='1333624632' post='479978']

The last time I checked Dale City's Rescue Engine 510 was a Pierce and they only had one. I think your talking about the Rescues. Either way all 3 were well designed with a lot of thought in the lay outs and job function.

[/quote]

Yes, sir. Brain fart. I was focusing on the old Rescue (the E\-One) because the Rescue Engine runs in it's place when the Rescue is OOS. Thanks for the correction!

Fairfax County VA - Guest - 04-05-2012

I brief video I caught of Rescue Engine 433 responding too 30's area on a Box Alarm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6IVj1tsTwY

Fairfax County VA - VFN102 - 04-05-2012

Ahhh....the sweet sound of a Powercall. Note the oblivious VW Beetle driver.

Fairfax County VA - Guest - 04-06-2012

[quote name='VFN102' timestamp='1333671446' post='480074']

Ahhh....the sweet sound of a Powercall. Note the oblivious VW Beetle driver.

[/quote]

She definitely had NO respect for the responding rig, but to dis the Powercall? Blasphemy!

Fairfax County VA - Engine410kid - 04-08-2012

Anyone got pics of the new deputy fire chief of operations suburban

Fairfax County VA - Fire28 - 04-08-2012

Didnt know he had a new one.... I'll be looking for it!

Fairfax County VA - Engine410kid - 04-08-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x9HquL3I4Ec

It is on youtube this is the video the new buggy is seen at 6:43

Fairfax County VA - Fire28 - 04-08-2012

Yep ill add that to my list...

Fairfax County VA - SrFireOfficial - 04-10-2012

Personally, I like the arrival of E428 at the 1:30 mark. E428 wasn't even on the initial box alarm but was the second engine to arrive on the scene possibly because the fill-in driver of the day grew up in McLean and the OIC spent about a quarter of his career at FS01. Despite the narration, R401 (out of view) took their "bumper line" to knock down the outside fire before advancing to the interior, E106 stretched the second line through the front door while TL401 was getting ground ladders up. The column of smoke was visible from FS28.

And I found the DFCO's new ride at FS03 for the Command Staff Training taking place this morning. It wasn't well positioned for the iPhone grab but here it is:

Fairfax County VA - Engine410kid - 04-10-2012

SrFireOffcial,

Any picture is better than no picture nice looking rig, do you think the county will purchase more of these.

Fairfax County VA - Guest - 04-10-2012

This is the first of the 2005 Dash's I have seen un-lettered as part of the reserve pool