Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Fairfax County VA - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Fairfax County VA (/showthread.php?tid=1995)

Fairfax County VA - drfeelgood - 08-01-2012

[quote name='VFN102' timestamp='1343835941' post='493859'] Just out of curiosity, do any of the Shops or Logistics personnel have firefighter and/or EMS certifications? [/quote] Unknown I do that when I worked at Logistics most of the guys there had certs from thier VFD's and used working there as a back door into FXCO. There where a Captain, Fire Tech, and an EMS Tech that were assigned there in supervisory roles.

Fairfax County VA - drfeelgood - 08-01-2012

[quote name='drfeelgood' timestamp='1343836431' post='493860'] Unknown I do that when I worked at Logistics most of the guys there had certs from thier VFD's and used working there as a back door into FXCO. There where a Captain, Fire Tech, and an EMS Tech that were assigned there in supervisory roles. [/quote] Every once in awhile someone would pick up OT there like during all of the Katrina deployments but at one time in the 80's it was staffed by uniformed personel.

Fairfax County VA - Engine410kid - 08-01-2012

[quote name='VFN102' timestamp='1343835941' post='493859']

Just out of curiosity, do any of the Shops or Logistics personnel have firefighter and/or EMS certifications?

[/quote]

I know that that the are some uniformed personnel that work at apparatus. [size=4]I will look at the 2013 budget and get back to you.[/size]

Fairfax County VA - Guest - 08-31-2012

3 New Medic Deliveries for Fairfax.

Braun Super Chiefs

M411, M415 (Yay!) and im not sure who is getting the 3rd (M409?)

Currently they are up in North Apparatus getting fitted.

Fairfax County VA - Engine410kid - 08-31-2012

Bailey's is placing our order by the end of the month hopefully our units with the split color scheme will look better, the chassis is already complete so hopefully it shouldn't take to long.

Split Color Scheme? You guys sticking with the green?

Fairfax County VA - lawrencewhite111 - 08-31-2012

Anyone know what time frame the 4 new Pierce Pumpers will finally go in service?

[quote name='treywhite' timestamp='1346465888' post='497000']

Anyone know what time frame the 4 new Pierce Pumpers will finally go in service?

[/quote]

We were at the shop the other day and I dont think anyone was too sure of an exact date.

Fairfax County VA - pdl1970 - 09-01-2012

434 is getting the 3rd medic unit

Fairfax County VA - Engine410kid - 09-01-2012

[quote name='HAZ31MAT' timestamp='1346463685' post='496994']

Split Color Scheme? You guys sticking with the green?

[/quote]

yep its actually yellow thats what the factory plate says although it has a sort of greenish tint to it. And until our president goes we will never change our color scheme I think our engine is the best looking engine in the county just by how its designed. I know some people don't like it but its spec'd just how it should be for our response area.

Fairfax County VA - Engine410kid - 09-01-2012

Here is a picture of the engine back on December 11, 2010 this was right when the engine came back into the county.

Fairfax County VA - Guest - 09-01-2012

I really like the way your engine is spec'd. I like the fact that it is small and quick. The hose configuration on there is pretty neat too and I know that it works well for that area.

Fairfax County VA - Engine410kid - 09-02-2012

Yep the 400' off the back some people think is crazy but its awesome with all the garden apartments in our first due. Also yes the engine is fast as s*&! no one believes me until they ride in it. The thing has a 515 in it and it has a 500 gallon water tank which gives it quick acceleration giving us better response times. It was spec'd by Rick Riley who was a former county employee and Fire Chief at Kentland, also a co owner of Traditions training. This thing turned out great the replacement which will happen in a couple of years will just be an Arrow XT with A/C and a radio nothing will be changed.

Fairfax County VA - Juice - 09-02-2012

I think 417 is my favorite, love that color. 410 would have to come in a close 2nd.

Very juvenile question (in way of explaining it) but what is the difference between the Red and White Engine 421 and the White and Blue Engine 421 besides Career and Volunteer?

Thanks,

Trav!

Fairfax County VA - Guest - 09-02-2012

[quote name='Juice' timestamp='1346578976' post='497152']

I think 417 is my favorite, love that color. 410 would have to come in a close 2nd.

Very juvenile question (in way of explaining it) but what is the difference between the Red and White Engine 421 and the White and Blue Engine 421 besides Career and Volunteer?

Thanks,

Trav!

[/quote]

The white with a blue stripe at Navy-Vale started with a 1976 Dodge/Swab demo. ambulance foolwed by first squad purchased in 1979 and a re-stripe of af hand-me-down band aid box from Springfield (Co. 22). The color scheme is a way to give the company a personal identity, something different than norm.

Paul

Fairfax County VA - lawrencewhite111 - 09-02-2012

[quote name='Engine410kid' timestamp='1346568610' post='497150']

Yep the 400' off the back some people think is crazy but its awesome with all the garden apartments in our first due. Also yes the engine is fast as s*&! no one believes me until they ride in it. The thing has a 515 in it and it has a 500 gallon water tank which gives it quick acceleration giving us better response times. It was spec'd by Rick Riley who was a former county employee and Fire Chief at Kentland, also a co owner of Traditions training. This thing turned out great the replacement which will happen in a couple of years will just be an Arrow XT with A/C and a radio nothing will be changed.

[/quote]So your saying an Arrow XT will replace E410?

Fairfax County VA - Fire28 - 09-02-2012

Trey,

Probably a PG, Arlington, and Many Others Spec!

Fairfax County VA - Roto-Ray - 09-02-2012

Tim, looks like from what E410Kid posted, they're going to use the same body/pump/tank specs that the current E410 has.

Fairfax County VA - Engine410kid - 09-02-2012

The new engine will come in the next couple of years and will be identical except for the it will have the standard maryland front end package 2 mars lights and a roto ray, maybe air-conditioned and a radio. We will have to fight the county about the water tank because the county requires 750 gwt but we want 500. So we shall see. we will also be specing out a new BLS unit although there have been some rumors and they may just be that. I hope to see a white and yellow ladder truck some day sitting in the bays at 10.

Fairfax County VA - drfeelgood - 10-04-2012

[sub][url="http://www.fentonfire.com/new_listings/listing.php?lid=4829"]http://www.fentonfire.com/new_listings/listing.php?lid=4829[/url][/sub]