Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Shoop Photos - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Shoop Photos (/showthread.php?tid=1798)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Shoop Photos - EngineMan - 10-14-2012

I figured it wasn't paint. Some spots just didn't look right lol

Shoop Photos - Frank B - 10-14-2012

Like those stickers that you wet and smooth out on a window. The surface must be clean.

Shoop Photos - Guest - 03-20-2013

This year has been slow to start for me.  It has been cold and rainy.  At the pace we are going it'll be July before the leaves bloom.  I made an attempt to get away from the cold and went South to SC/GA area.  Too bad it was just as cold there.  I managed around 50 rigs in a 2 day period.  1 Day in SC, and 1 Day in GA.  Here are a couple of the GA rigs.

[Image: 141_zpsda9809e5.jpg]

[Image: SavannahEngine8_zpsba0a2581.jpg]

[Image: SavannahHazmat1_zps33b54e75.jpg]

[Image: SavannahTruck13_zpse719324b.jpg]

Yesterday, I went down for the Prince George's County dedication of 19 new rigs.  It was calling for rain, and clouds, but by 10 am it was cleared off and beautiful.  The spot they chose for the photo op wasn't the greatest, so at the end of the show we managed to get a couple rigs.  The PGFD placed in service 7 Battalion Chiefs, 1 Safety Officer, 1 EMS Supervisor, 1 FIB Unit, 1 Collapse Unit, 1 ATV Rig, 5 Pierce Engines, and 2 Pierce Ladders.  Supposedly according to a press release, 20 Ambulances on order, 6 more engines to be ordered, 3 more ladders to be ordered, and 1 rescue squad.  PG is finally headed in a good direction.  These are just a couple of the units.  BCFDphotoman was on location, I'm pretty sure he got most of the units, I'll let him post the others.

[Image: LANDOVERHILLSENGINE830_zps0ba508ed.jpg]

[Image: ALLENTOWNROADTRUCK832_zps55088e83.jpg]

[Image: COLLEGEPARKTRUCK812_zpsea950645.jpg]

Shoop Photos - lawrencewhite111 - 03-20-2013

Nice Stuff Shoop.You are right this has been a crappy winter.So over it and ready for more sun and  warm weather.

Shoop Photos - SrFireOfficial - 03-20-2013

Quote:Yesterday, I went down for the Prince George's County dedication of 19 new rigs.  It was calling for rain, and clouds, but by 10 am it was cleared off and beautiful.  The spot they chose for the photo op wasn't the greatest, so at the end of the show we managed to get a couple rigs.  The PGFD placed in service 7 Battalion Chiefs, 1 Safety Officer, 1 EMS Supervisor, 1 FIB Unit, 1 Collapse Unit, 1 ATV Rig, 5 Pierce Engines, and 2 Pierce Ladders.  Supposedly according to a press release, 20 Ambulances on order, 6 more engines to be ordered, 3 more ladders to be ordered, and 1 rescue squad.  PG is finally headed in a good direction.  These are just a couple of the units.  BCFDphotoman was on location, I'm pretty sure he got most of the units, I'll let him post the others.

[Image: LANDOVERHILLSENGINE830_zps0ba508ed.jpg]

[Image: ALLENTOWNROADTRUCK832_zps55088e83.jpg]

[Image: COLLEGEPARKTRUCK812_zpsea950645.jpg]
Are there hooks mounted on the cab of the ladder trucks at the rear of the cab??

Yes, 2 hooks.

Shoop Photos - Guest - 06-21-2013

Just returned from my annual beach trip to Ocean City, MD.  I managed a couple nice days to go out and about to photograph apparatus.  Here are just a couple samples.

[Image: AllenEngine15-1_zps19985e44.jpg]

[Image: PittsvilleTruck7_zps1eb24860.jpg]

[Image: FairmountEngine907_zps1ad4af9b.jpg]

[Image: WallopsCrash11_zps53928ebd.jpg]

Shoop Photos - Guest - 07-14-2013

GA Dave requested this rig. 

Mercer, PA.

[Image: Mercer20Truck2087-L_zpsf575d955.jpg]

Shoop Photos - Guest - 07-30-2013

[Image: MWAANationalFoam345_zpsdb8dd983.jpg]

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to take Alex (Firepix21) around for some photos since he was up for the Firehouse expo.  We started in Howard County, MD. with a couple rigs and worked our way south.  We were going to attempt some southern PG County rigs, but due to a gas leak we decided to try elsewhere, and somehow we decided on the National Airport.  The airport just recently received their new Oshkosh Global Striker, which is the first one on the east coast.  Can anyone confirm if this is the first one in the US?

Shoop Photos - kieferfire - 07-30-2013

Quote:[Image: MWAANationalFoam345_zpsdb8dd983.jpg]

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to take Alex (Firepix21) around for some photos since he was up for the Firehouse expo.  We started in Howard County, MD. with a couple rigs and worked our way south.  We were going to attempt some southern PG County rigs, but due to a gas leak we decided to try elsewhere, and somehow we decided on the National Airport.  The airport just recently received their new Oshkosh Global Striker, which is the first one on the east coast.  Can anyone confirm if this is the first one in the US?

The first Global Striker in the US was a 4x4 for Medford/Oregon.

Shoop Photos - Guest - 07-30-2013

[Image: DLARescue69_zps87e255ab.jpg]

I was able to visit the Defense Logistics Agency Fire & EMS Department in New Cumberland, PA. today while out and about.  The department did a good bit of upgrading over the past year.  A new tower, rescue, and chiefs vehicle.  Unfortunately, not all of it was available.  The tower was involved in an accident while training and required significant repairs to the aerial, and has not returned.  They said another 4-6 weeks.  The rescue squad was in, however is missing a lot of graphics yet.  It will receive the Rescue Squad Ratz decal, and PA EMS patch, and the 69 on the box will possibly turn blue.  I'm told the former tower, which is a 1997 KME is destined for Fort Myer, and the former KME Rescue squad is heading to Fort Gordon, GA. where the box will remounted.

Shoop Photos - Guest - 10-15-2015

[Image: Capitol%20Heights%20Engine%20805%20Pierc...imje4v.jpg]

[Image: Pittsburgh%20Truck%2032_zpstvyitzvn.jpg]

[Image: City%20Lewistown%20Chiefs%20Car_zpscodvapak.jpg]

[Image: Goodwill%20Lebanon%20Seagrave_zpsyiuzihpj.jpg]

[Image: Anne%20Arundel%20Engine%20321_zpszn3gub39.jpg]

Shoop Photos - firesafe91 - 10-15-2015

Did Pittsburgh recently purchase some used KME pumpers from Brindlee Mountain? They look like they may be x-San Diego rigs.

Yes, they purchased 5 KME Engines that previously served San Diego. They will be used as reserves.

Shoop Photos - fd1686 - 10-15-2015

Pat,

Nice photos, thanks for sharing!!

Pat L.

Shoop Photos - firesafe91 - 10-15-2015

Quote:Yes, they purchased 5 KME Engines that previously served San Diego. They will be used as reserves.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Shoop Photos - OPEN CAB MACK - 10-15-2015

One was lettered for 26 Engine in Brookline.

Ed, any photos? Maybe a temporary assignment until the next batch of new engines comes. Engine 3 just got a new Spencer, so their KME should be reassigned. Not sure where it'll go though, as E24 needs a rig since theirs was totaled.