Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Memphis Fire Dept - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Memphis Fire Dept (/showthread.php?tid=2109)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Memphis Fire Dept - ACPD227 - 02-05-2008

What year is engine 59?

also it appears that memphis has changed their engine spec since engine 59 was bought. do they change the spec every time they order?

Memphis Fire Dept - Guest - 02-05-2008

[quote name='ACPD227' post='186911' date='Feb 5 2008, 17:08 ']What year is engine 59? [color="#FF0000"]2005 or 06[/color]

also it appears that memphis has changed their engine spec since engine 59 was bought. do they change the spec every time they order? [color="#FF0000"]Not normally major changes like this time[/color].[/quote]

Memphis Fire Dept - Guest - 02-06-2008

I remember the first EQ2B - a guy at 23's convinced us to put it on their Pierce Lance...I think they still got it...hmmm I wonder who that was

[quote name='MemphisFD153' post='187051' date='Feb 6 2008, 01:04 ']I remember the first EQ2B - a guy at 23's convinced us to put it on their Pierce Lance...I think they still got it...hmmm I wonder who that was[/quote]

You and that memory!! I think the EQ2 was billed to be alot more than it is. It is better than nothing, but is still subject to the regular limitations of a standard electronic siren and is not nearly as effective as the real thing. Radio repair proved that when they were out there comparing E23 against R1.

Oh well, I am just a spoke on a wheel.

Call me, I need to test your memory on another situation.

Memphis Fire Dept - Truckman - 02-06-2008

[quote name='MemphisE34a' post='186904' date='Feb 5 2008, 17:43 ']These are the latest of the 3 identical Pierce Arrow XT pumpers. Engines 30 and 42 are in town at G&W Diesel, a partner company of Pro-Fire, the local Pierce dealer. E60 is in Tuscolusa, AL at the Alabama Firefighters or Fire Chiefs Conference.

[Image: Pierce011.jpg]

[Image: Pierce012.jpg]

[Image: Pierce013.jpg]

[Image: Pierce015.jpg]

[Image: Pierce016.jpg]

[Image: Pierce014.jpg]

[Image: Pierce017.jpg][/quote]

Robert the new Pierce looks nice. It would look better if it had 34 on it!! I still think as you do as well that the hose bed should be lower. The 59's can be repaired. Hopefully the frame isn't bent too much, otherwise a potro power and some bondo and paint will make her look good as new!!

Also sure hope you guys didn't get slammed by the storm yesterday!!!!!

Memphis Fire Dept - mfd110 - 02-06-2008

[quote name='MFD201A' post='186855' date='Feb 5 2008, 10:46 ']The EMS Lieutenants carry a large amount of equipment therefore the larger SUV is needed. In our car currently both the backseat and trunk are loaded down. It would be great if we are all in the same SUV's but I would assume money was a big factor. Kory hoped this gave a better insight of the situation.[/quote]

It does give me a better insight. All I meant is by the slap in the face is like what Kramer said. Why not just give them all the larger SUV. I agree with the Tahoe I saw one up close the other day and they are sweet...

[quote name='Kory' post='187110' date='Feb 6 2008, 11:49 ']It does give me a better insight. All I meant is by the slap in the face is like what Kramer said. Why not just give them all the larger SUV. I agree with the Tahoe I saw one up close the other day and they are sweet...[/quote]

Sor for failing to post up prior to this. Additionally, the EMS LT's will be able to put a stretcher in the rear, carry backl boards, ETC. No need for this in a BC's vehicle. Additionally, there was a bit of a struggle for the extra money for the bigger SUV's for the Lt's.

Memphis Fire Dept - bpayner - 02-07-2008

[quote name='MemphisE34a' post='186901' date='Feb 5 2008, 16:38 ']Here are the pictures of E59 after being struck by a civilian vehicle while parked at an accident scene on I40 @ Hwy 64 about 10 days ago.[/quote]

Everyone ok?

Memphis Fire Dept - Guest - 02-07-2008

[quote name='DFFD02' post='187274' date='Feb 6 2008, 23:07 ']Everyone ok?[/quote]

The Driver was transported with neck and back pain. He was the only one still in the rig when it was struck. The Lieutenant was transported some 30 minutes later with chest pains. In the end, they were both fine.

The civilian that struck the pumper was trapped in his vehicle, extricated, and transported to The Med in critical condition. Know idea how he turned out.

Memphis Fire Dept - mfd110 - 02-07-2008

[quote name='oneilljb' post='187263' date='Feb 6 2008, 21:27 ']Sor for failing to post up prior to this. Additionally, the EMS LT's will be able to put a stretcher in the rear, carry backl boards, ETC. No need for this in a BC's vehicle. Additionally, there was a bit of a struggle for the extra money for the bigger SUV's for the Lt's.[/quote]

I can understand now and it makes more sense. I hope I didn't rub anyone wrong with my comments....

Memphis Fire Dept - Guest - 02-13-2008

In an earlier post someone asked about the makes of the pumps on the new Memphis Pumpers. They are, in fact, Waterous.

Memphis Fire Dept - Guest - 02-15-2008

[quote name='Kevin Lackey' post='179151' date='Jan 11 2008, 20:07 ']Larry also owns former Memphis Truck 18.

Larry has every piece that has ran out of the 39's house since the station was put in service.

Which includes the former 195x Whitehaven Pirsch that later ran as E39 and E39's 1976 ALF as well.

This was the station of his "childhood"

Pardon my father in the pic[/quote]

Thanks to Kevin and the rest of the Memphis crew for great shots of your apparatus. Seeing these really make me miss my hometown. I've been looking at coming back to Memphis once I get my paramedic license but I want to talk to some of you guys down there about it first.

Couple of questions:

1. What is/was Hickory Withe Fire Department? Was this truck a MFD truck and if so where was it stationed?

2. Could we get some pics of 54's equipment? I was born and raised in Cordova in Walnut Grove Lakes, which is not far from Sanga road and can remember when it was still SCFD in their Metal building with a double-wide for living quarters next door. Last I looked on Joe's site, 54's had an ALF Engine, Telesquirt 1, an ALF Tiller and a medic unit. Would love an update of what's out there now.

Additionally, Would any of you guys be willing to send me one of the new Memphis Fire T-shirts with paramedic on the back? I saw them on Joe's site as well. If so, just pm me with price and shipping costs and I'll get with you on paypal. Are you still selling the Elvis T-Shirts?

[quote name='oneilljb' post='185492' date='Jan 31 2008, 21:08 ']Bobby

While I do like the idea of the street side ladder rack, I'll do you one better. Pierce's Ladder Gantry is a top mounted ladder rack that sends the ladder off the rear of the pumper. The down side is a full depth compartment is required under the ladder. Thats fine for a true rescue pumper, but it increases the hosebed height.

[url="http://www.piercemfg.com/LadderGantry.html"]Ladder Gantry[/url][/quote]

Surprisingly, I like that ladder gantry. Reminds me of the ladder placement on the London Fire Brigade apparatus.

1. What is/was Hickory Withe Fire Department? Was this truck a MFD truck and if so where was it stationed?

HWFD is a volunteer fire dept in Fayette county on the eastern border of shelby county. THe dept runs 2 stations and several pieces of equipment . 71 B can tell you more . I think the truck was at T18 when it was in Memphis??

You have a link to their site?

Memphis Fire Dept - Guest - 02-16-2008

[quote name='FireMedic85' post='189225' date='Feb 15 2008, 13:43 ']Thanks to Kevin and the rest of the Memphis crew for great shots of your apparatus. Seeing these really make me miss my hometown. I've been looking at coming back to Memphis once I get my paramedic license but I want to talk to some of you guys down there about it first.

Couple of questions:

1. What is/was Hickory Withe Fire Department? Was this truck a MFD truck and if so where was it stationed? [color="#FF0000"]Already answered. Hickory Withe also has some 1980 Pirsch pumpers that originally purchased in Germantown. Sommerville is running with old Memphis Snorkel 16.[/color]

2. Could we get some pics of 54's equipment? I was born and raised in Cordova in Walnut Grove Lakes, which is not far from Sanga road and can remember when it was still SCFD in their Metal building with a double-wide for living quarters next door. Last I looked on Joe's site, 54's had an ALF Engine, Telesquirt 1, an ALF Tiller and a medic unit. Would love an update of what's out there now. [color="#FF0000"]Station 54 used to run The Squrt and E54 as a 2 piece company because they kinda use to sit out there by themselves. Companies from other stations were a pretty good ways out so they used E54 basically as a hose wagon as the Squrt could not hold enough 5" to make everyone feel comfortable. Additionally, we reverse lay supply lines and it still afforded them that oppurtunity. The city has annexed much of the area around the 54's and placed several new stations in service including Station 56 which houses E56, T25, EU25, & BC14; Station 58 which houses E58, T28, & EU3?; and Station 59 housing E59 and EU3?. Because of the closer companies, the ALF that ran as E54 has been taken out of service and E54 responds as a single piece company in the Squrt. The truck was moved to the 58's. I think BC12 is still there along with EU18.[/color]

Additionally, Would any of you guys be willing to send me one of the new Memphis Fire T-shirts with paramedic on the back? I saw them on Joe's site as well. If so, just pm me with price and shipping costs and I'll get with you on paypal. Are you still selling the Elvis T-Shirts?[color="#FF0000"]The paramedic shirts are only available on Joe's website. They are unofficial and not worn by any paramedics while on duty. The scramble on the front is a memphisfire.net design. I would just order it through his site. As he is the Local union VP, he can get the Elvis T as well.[/color][/quote]

Kramer, thanks for the quick reply. Nice to know Memphis is trying to catch up with the growth out there. Where is 56's?

Memphis Fire Dept - Truckman - 02-16-2008

[quote name='FireMedic85' post='189387' date='Feb 16 2008, 11:02 ']Kramer, thanks for the quick reply. Nice to know Memphis is trying to catch up with the growth out there. Where is 56's?[/quote]

7495 Reese Rd

Memphis Fire Dept - Kevin Lackey - 02-16-2008

[quote name='Nozzleman71' post='189239' date='Feb 15 2008, 16:48 ']1. What is/was Hickory Withe Fire Department? Was this truck a MFD truck and if so where was it stationed?

HWFD is a volunteer fire dept in Fayette county on the eastern border of shelby county. THe dept runs 2 stations and several pieces of equipment . 71 B can tell you more . I think the truck was at T18 when it was in Memphis??[/quote]

Eric, your right it was T18 out of the 39's

[quote name='Truckman' post='189433' date='Feb 16 2008, 12:27 ']7495 Reese Rd[/quote]

And 58 is on Dexter east of Germantown Rd., 59 is in the old county station at Rockcreek and 64. There is talk of either moving 59 further east or putting additional companies in service. Last I heard they were looking on Houston Levee near Morning Sun or Pisgah near Latting.