Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Appleton trip April 24 - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Appleton trip April 24 (/showthread.php?tid=1694)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Appleton trip April 24 - Guest - 05-14-2013

There were a few of these large tankers going to PDVSA. They had different body styles. I saw two with this configuration.

Newport, PA is getting this well designed engine.

Iowa City was doing their final on this PUC

Engine 1 from La Porte is this Dash CF. This was on display at FDIC.

Hampton, VA will be accepting this PUC Ladder going to Ladder 9.

Ellettsville, IN conducted their final inspection on this Freightliner/Encore. This was sitting next to our rig. What a difference! This little guy packs a lot of punch as it has a pump and tank, cascade system and large rear HRT compartment.

Mount Horeb is about to receive this Peterbilt. The paint on this unit is stunning to say the least.

One more....

North Charleston was conducting finals on two engines and a mid-mount tower. All are on Arrow XT cab and chasis. Here is Engine 202.

I actually caught this one being staged for the new delivery photo for the Pierce website. This one is heading to Engine 205.

East Rivanna, VA Engine 21 is this beautiful Velocity PUC. I tried to get a better pic outside but things were happening too quickly and trying to grab shots while conducting our own inspection didn't make for great photo ops!

And the reason why I was at Pierce was to conduct the final inspection on our new Arrow XT heavy rescue. We are very pleased with the construction and how this unit turned out. It's amazing to see your specifications go from thoughts, to paper, to drawings, to construction and finally the completed project. This is hands down the best designed rig our apparatus committee has done to date. I can't wait until she is home so we can get her outfitted and complete our training on it. Our target date for in service is the first of July.  

Appleton trip April 24 - GA_Dave - 05-14-2013

Ellettsville is in Indiana and North Charleston is in South Carolina.  Good stuff!  Thanks for posting them.

Thanks Dave! I thought the guys from Ellettsville told me they were in Illinois.

Appleton trip April 24 - Juice - 05-14-2013

Quote:One of the Baltimore Tillers, awaiting its aerial

So they're getting them from Rosenbauer AND Pierce?  I noticed something about the Hampton rigs (Engine and Ladder) full front hubcaps, instead of the cut outs for the oil reservoir!

Ellettsville also just left the Florida plant yesterday with their new Saber Engine. Funny, half must have went to Wis. and the other half went to Fla.

Trav!

Baltimore City is getting the Pierce aerials. Baltimore County is getting Rosenbauer. Two different departments. We also put full front hubs on ours as well. It's not a problem to pop them off to check the fluid level.

I was out at Pierce last week so it could have been the same group. They were very friendly.

Appleton trip April 24 - lawrencewhite111 - 05-14-2013

Quote:This Global Stryker is heading to Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
Would any one happen to know where this will be assigned as a Crash Unit........National or Dulles?

Any idea what unit number the tower is in North Charleston? Also, cool to see a new style striker coming to a department not so far away from me. Lol. Thanks for posting.

Appleton trip April 24 - Juice - 05-14-2013

Quote:Baltimore City is getting the Pierce aerials. Baltimore County is getting Rosenbauer. Two different departments. We also put full front hubs on ours as well. It's not a problem to pop them off to check the fluid level.

I was out at Pierce last week so it could have been the same group. They were very friendly.

Good call, I should have looked at my pictures and I would have realized Balt. Co. got the Rosenbauers!

Trav!

Appleton trip April 24 - airlacey440 - 05-14-2013

That would be Indiana. just west of Bloomington.

Thanks Dave! I thought the guys from Ellettsville told me they were in Illinois.[/quote]