Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Memphis Fire Dept - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Memphis Fire Dept (/showthread.php?tid=2109)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Memphis Fire Dept - Guest - 05-09-2008

[quote name='Kevin Lackey' post='212373' date='May 9 2008, 17:02 ']Is it me or is Memphis getting away from the traditional vermilion red ?[/quote]

So far, only when it comes down to standard production vehicles. Personally, I think the Explorers are too small. There actually appears to be less room in the standard passenger compartment than in the Crown Vics. The color looks bad as well. White would have been better than this non-matching red. I hope the money saved was worth it.

On a positive note, by spec'ing the same size lightbars for the Explorers as they did the larger Expeditions it looks like if the BC's approach stopped traffic fast enough, they will actually produce enough lift to literally fly over traffic jams.

Hopefully the Explorers will not last long and they move to Expeditions, F150's, or Tahoe's for everyone - and hopefully they can match the rest of the fleet.

Memphis Fire Dept - hp1530 - 05-09-2008

[quote name='MemphisE34a' post='212438' date='May 9 2008, 18:07 ']Kinda obvious who has the admin's attention, huh?[/quote]

Yup, the EMS guys. Around my area, the BC has the Suburbans and the EMS captains have Crown Vics.

Memphis Fire Dept - senatobiafire704 - 05-09-2008

We had a "large" color issue with the red as well. We recently purchased a new Expedition chief's vehicle and the wrong color red was a big deal for the chief. But it was the only thing that was on state contract in Mississippi that we could purchase, except for the white, which would not match our striping and graphics scheme, which is the same color combination on each vehicle. I agree with Lt. Kramer, I don't care much for the red either. Good to hear MFD has more Pierce in production. I'm personally biased toward them, as we are a all Pierce dept. Also Jeff Kuntz is a good friend and a good person. I know he'll treat MFD right.

Memphis Fire Dept - Guest - 05-10-2008

A few pics of the EMS Expeditions. These will be going to EMS Lieutenants, EMS Battalion Chiefs, EMS Division Chief, and Deputy Chief of EMS.

Another:

Another:

Another:

Another.

Last shot:

[quote name='firedog120' post='212527' date='May 10 2008, 11:23 ']Last shot:[/quote]

Any way you can take pictures of the deadmans row of old apparatus that is sitting there behind these new vehicles.

Yeah, I'll see if I can knock that out this afternoon.

Memphis Fire Dept - dano3rescue - 05-10-2008

[quote name='firedog120' post='212530' date='May 10 2008, 12:33 ']Yeah, I'll see if I can knock that out this afternoon.[/quote]

On your way into the dungeon there Tomek, let me know if you get them if not I can try to get them on my way in tonight, I'll be working 2nd half on the Rescue 3 and I should be able to get them posted tonight.

I think that color of red must be what you get if you get something on a grant. Our chief and the SCFD chiefs have that same color of red expedition. The Scfd batalions just recently got new ones and they were the ugly red as well.

[quote name='SN71C' post='212558' date='May 10 2008, 14:45 ']I think that color of red must be what you get if you get something on a grant. Our chief and the SCFD chiefs have that same color of red expedition. The Scfd batalions just recently got new ones and they were the ugly red as well.[/quote]

No, I am told that it is just the standard production line red for Ford in these years and models. Our local departments are just being too cheap to pay the extra for something non-standard.

As stated, I do not know what they are saving, but I hope they are making good use of it.

We are in the process of leasing 2 Tahoes. They will be either white or dark blue. Only Dodge offers Bright Red, Ford and GM only offer the Maroon. Mobile has recently put several maroon Explorers in service with the district chiefs. If you want a bright red one you should probably buy a white SUV or Sedan and get it painted any color you want. If you are buying a large fleet like Mempis and Mobile have, its not worth the extra expense.

Memphis Fire Dept - hp1530 - 05-10-2008

firedog120 when you mentioned the other day that the EMS personnel were getting Expeditions I thought they were getting the standard sized ones. Now after seeing the extended Expeditions, I'm quite surprised. That and the BC get a way smaller vehicle.

[quote name='firedog120' post='212530' date='May 10 2008, 11:33 ']Yeah, I'll see if I can knock that out this afternoon.[/quote]

Thanks you guys.

Memphis Fire Dept - Guest - 05-11-2008

i was also suprised to see that not only did they get expeditions but it looks like they got the xl expedition as well. How sweet would it be if they had gone with chargers!!!!

[quote name='orange mound creature' post='212682' date='May 10 2008, 22:05 ']i was also suprised to see that not only did they get expeditions but it looks like they got the xl expedition as well. How sweet would it be if they had gone with chargers!!!![/quote]

Yeah, I think the Chargers would have looked real good. Shelby County Fire has one or two red Dodge Chargers and they look sweet. The Explorers offer no more room than the Crown Vics, so they should've just gone with the Chargers. Oh well, that's why we don't wear gold and they don't ask us for our opinion!

[quote name='JFong' post='212594' date='May 10 2008, 17:01 ']firedog120 when you mentioned the other day that the EMS personnel were getting Expeditions I thought they were getting the standard sized ones. Now after seeing the extended Expeditions, I'm quite surprised. That and the BC get a way smaller vehicle.[/quote]

The Expeditions are the long version to make room for the cabinets in the vehicle.