Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Illinois - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Illinois (/showthread.php?tid=2067)

Illinois - Guest - 08-09-2013

more boats

soon to be gone....

logo

Found this at a local service center

this too

HDR image

nice rig..probably not used much I would guess

last house

another new rig

last rig from McHenry...good stuff

Illinois - Guest - 08-10-2013

I see you took a ride by Wirf's lot..  They do a lot of repairs for all makes of apparatus.

Illinois - Juice - 08-12-2013

Quote:this too

Looks like a tiller in the Left background?

Illinois - Image7801 - 08-12-2013

Quote:Looks like a tiller in the Left background?

It looks like an Evanston rig (Pierce Lance TDA, if I recall)...

Illinois - karl4700 - 08-13-2013

It was Evanston Truck 23, which is due for replacement in 2014 or start of 2015.

Illinois - twr1212 - 08-16-2013

Grant Park F.P.D. (Kankakee Co.), IL.

1996 Pierce(Saber)

1250/750

Ex-Beecher, IL.

Photo Mike Tenerelli

Grant Park F.P.D. (Kankakee Co.),  IL.

2001 ALF(Eagle)

1250/800

Photo Mike Tenerelli

Grant Park F.P.D. (Kankakee Co.)

1992 E\-One(Hurricane)

1250/3000

Photo Mike Tenerelli

Illinois - Guest - 09-01-2013

Can anyone tell me if Rockford got rid of Ladder 1, the KME tiller ladder truck, since they replaced it with Quint 1, a Pierce 105-foot aerial, or is it their primary reserve ladder truck for now?

Also, is Rockford replacing their Rosenbauer Ladder 2 with a Pierce quint as well?

The Rosenbauer commercial pumpers are only a few years old and a few of them have been replaced already by Pierce Sabers. Is it because the Rosenbauers weren't holding up or were they that worn out already? Engine 4, the Freightliner, was recently replaced by a Pierce Saber, but I realize that was an older rig than the Rosenbauers.

Where did Rockford get the white HME pumpers? Were they demos or bought new? And did they keep these as reserves or sell them?

They also have a new fleet of Ford F Type I ambulances to go along with the Pierce rigs.

Illinois - npfd801 - 09-02-2013

Quote:Can anyone tell me if Rockford got rid of Ladder 1, the KME tiller ladder truck, since they replaced it with Quint 1, a Pierce 105-foot aerial, or is it their primary reserve ladder truck for now?

Also, is Rockford replacing their Rosenbauer Ladder 2 with a Pierce quint as well?

The Rosenbauer commercial pumpers are only a few years old and a few of them have been replaced already by Pierce Sabers. Is it because the Rosenbauers weren't holding up or were they that worn out already? Engine 4, the Freightliner, was recently replaced by a Pierce Saber, but I realize that was an older rig than the Rosenbauers.

Where did Rockford get the white HME pumpers? Were they demos or bought new? And did they keep these as reserves or sell them?

They also have a new fleet of Ford F Type I ambulances to go along with the Pierce rigs.

The KME is out of service.  Last I knew it was up for sale on Govdeals.com, but don't know if it sold.  To the best of my knowledge they had no intent to keep it.  There were also two new quints bought for 5 and 9, which were essentially identical Pierce demos.  Only thing I can see is deifferent between the two are the mirrors.  Quint 1 was custom ordered.

Rumors abound that Ladder 2 will also be replaced by a quint, but this hasn't happened as of yet.  Both Ladder 2 and Quint 1 now are jump companies if what I hear on the street is true, only one will jump to the QRV stationed with them for medicals, leaving one company downtown in a truck.  I've heard that the staffing for the QRV that was permanently manned at Station 2 is now being used to man additional ambulances, but I can't confirm.

Three of the Pierce rigs are replacing two older Freightliner/US Tanker rescue pumpers, and the used HME/Smeal they bought for the extrication companies.  These are more of a rescue pumper style body that those on E1 and E2.  Engine 1 and Engine 2 also have new Pierce units coming or already in service.  I believe E2 was on display at FRI.  I'm not sure the FL/Rosenbauers have been that bad, but they're very simple and the reserve fleet was in such poor condition it makes sense to put them as reserves. 

The white HME/Smeal unit was bought used from someone out east.  There is only one.  I'd be surprised if the new Pierce is in service to replace it yet.  The guys assigned to it really seem to like it.  I imagine it will remain as a reserve for the extrication companies.  There was also an E\-One Hush that ran as Engine 6 for a long time (ex-Naperville, I think), a yellow Spartan/Darley (Elmhurst, I believe) and another rig that escapes me.  Might have been a slime yellow Seagrave that was once St. Charles, IL.  The slime rig may have been disposed of since I haven't seen it in ages.  The ex-Elmhurst rig was kept at Station 5 until their ambulance went into service.

They ordered four F-series Wheeled Coach ambulances that are new, and also have a new chassis under an older Medtec that was wrecked (ex-Byron, IL), so they essentially have five new ambos.  The city currently has seven staffed ambos daily now, up from five.  I do know the primary ambulance (C-15) at station 5 was also bought used, from where I don't know.

The city also just ordered two Peterbilt tractors.  One will pull the HazMat trailer at station 5 (replacing a one ton Ford pickup) and the other will tow a refurbed Mickey Bodies beverage trailer that is nearly complete for the TRT equipment.  The MABAS 8 departments and some private businesses all donated money to purchase the trailer, which will replace a very old Ford C/Mickey unit.

Illinois - Guest - 09-02-2013

Things have turned around for Rockford.. I have a friend who is on there and he said it was very shaky at best for a while with the city and management.   Yes the Spartan/ Darley was former Elmhurst Il engine 2