Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous (/showthread.php?tid=1954)

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - paganores10cue - 06-03-2012

[quote name='drfeelgood' timestamp='1338759940' post='487200']

Huh I thought you want lower hose beds??

[/quote]

They do have low hose beds!

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - Guest - 06-04-2012

Ladder 7 from Mechanicsville in Hanover County, Va was this 100ft. Seagrave Lo-Boy.

DanEvans photo

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - Engine410kid - 06-04-2012

[quote name='drfeelgood' timestamp='1338766886' post='487224']

No more FXCO "Pool Ladder" like on the 1st batch?

[/quote]

Nope nice and low

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - Guest - 06-05-2012

I was in the neighborhood and got a chance to swing by one of Fort Belvoir's Firehouses. The crew could not have been friendlier or more accommodating. Many thanks, fellas!!

First up is Engine 463 - Pierce Arrow XT

[Image: 300-XL.jpg]

[Image: 301-L.jpg]

[Image: 302-XL.jpg]

Truck 464 - Pierce Arrow XT. Gorgeous rig!

[Image: 304-XL.jpg]

[Image: 306-XL.jpg]

Thanks again guys! Stay safe!

[Image: 307-XL.jpg]

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - lawrencewhite111 - 06-05-2012

Nate I didnt even know that the new Engine 463 was in service yet.She looks sharp.

[quote name='treywhite' timestamp='1338922876' post='487450']

Nate I didnt even know that the new Engine 463 was in service yet.She looks sharp.

[/quote]

It's in the house but not in service quite yet, but I agree. They are some stellar rigs!

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - Guest - 06-06-2012

Almost forgot this one! Current Engine 464

[Image: 308-XL.jpg]

and this...

[Image: 303-XL.jpg]

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - lawrencewhite111 - 06-06-2012

Nate did they say where ex E463 is going.I was told reserve status?Was it there?

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - senatobiafire704 - 06-06-2012

Nate, those are some real crisp images. Good stuff.

[quote name='senatobiafire704' timestamp='1339005299' post='487557']

Nate, those are some real crisp images. Good stuff.

[/quote]

Many thanks. As I said before, I finally figured out out how to post larger files (firepics doesn't seem to jive with flickr but loves smugmug).

Thanks again,

Nate

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - EngineForLife - 06-08-2012

Okay, to answer the question of E463 the Pierce Velocity..... not happy about this but here we go. E463 will get their new rig obviously, then the Velocity will come here to FS 64 as E464. The 2010 Contender that is E464 now will go into reserve. The other work group here is mounting the tools and equipment on the new E463, we are also switching out the equipment to the Velocity from E464 and placing the Contender into reserve status with all the reserve labeled equipment. So, basically we are doing all the work to lose our front line rig. The complaint on the Contender is that it can only ride 4 with no extra seating for additional personnel when we are heavy on staffing. Also, the rear seats face backwards and some of our newer people complain they get car sick when riding in those seats..... whatever. There are no forward facing flip down seats, those two spots have small compartments there. The underlying reason I believe and this is just me, The Velocity has a big ol Detroit Diesel Engine in it that scoots it down the road, The Contender has a smaller cummins in it. I think some here what that get up and go so when the westnet is finished here and we go fully inservice for automatic assistance to Fairfax County we will have a rig that at least keeps up with traffic on I-95.... Which sits right out our front door. To me, It doesn't matter as long as we get there. I have gotten used to working with the units here and the Contender has been here since we opened the station. It's kinda sentimental now. you know. Okay.... off my soap box.

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - lawrencewhite111 - 06-08-2012

Thanks for that tidbit.I had heard that they were placing the Contender in reserve.In my opinion the Contender looks better than the Velocity.So now the Fort will have a fairly new rig in reserve(2 years old) and still be running an older pumper at 465.

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - splinterhead - 06-08-2012

I am just glad that someone in Fairfax county is going with the arrow xt :0. Good job Belvoir.

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - EngineForLife - 06-08-2012

65's Dash is still running good. I was assigned to FS 65 when we placed it inservice. A nice rig that IMHO is one of the best we have. We are currently awaiting the award of the contract for new FS 65. The Contender will most likely swap with E465 once the new station is built. Unless we obtain money for a new a rig which I am not in the know of that subject. Other than the current reserve, The dash is the only fit to the cramped engine bay at 65. Although old and no Engine Bay room I absolutely love that fire house and I will have a tear in my eyes the day we move out of their. It was my first assignment when I came here to Belvoir in 2000. I like the Arrow XT cabs just wish the interior was more roomy. I believe that is what Pierce was aiming to fix with the Dash CF.