Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Memphis Fire Dept - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Memphis Fire Dept (/showthread.php?tid=2109)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Memphis Fire Dept - Kevin Lackey - 05-15-2008

E22 "The Orange Mound Hounds"

Engine 29

Engine 5 on Beale St

Memphis Fire Dept - Truckman - 05-16-2008

Kevin, as always great photos. What is the wording on the top edge of the 22's cab?

Memphis Fire Dept - Guest - 05-16-2008

[quote name='Truckman' post='214259' date='May 16 2008, 09:49 ']Kevin, as always great photos. What is the wording on the top edge of the 22's cab?[/quote]

Not certain but I think it is the "Mission Statement of the MFD " I think it says " Teamwork with commitment to excellence , compassion and immediate community protection." I am sure Hugh or one of the MFD guys can tell you!!

[quote name='Nozzleman71' post='214270' date='May 16 2008, 10:47 ']Not certain but I think it is the "Mission Statement of the MFD " I think it says " Teamwork with commitment to excellence , compassion and immediate community protection." I am sure Hugh or one of the MFD guys can tell you!![/quote]

That is correct Erik

Memphis Fire Dept - Operaone - 05-16-2008

Mathew: Where is the lot where the new chiefs rigs were at? Looks like Police vehicles in the background. Thanks. Dick Logan

[quote name='Operaone' post='214312' date='May 16 2008, 16:38 ']Mathew: Where is the lot where the new chiefs rigs were at? Looks like Police vehicles in the background. Thanks. Dick Logan[/quote]

Those pictures were taken at the Alarm office for the fire dept. Also in the same building is Radio Repair for both the fire and police. It is located at Flicker and Avery.

[quote name='Hugh' post='214314' date='May 16 2008, 17:05 ']Those pictures were taken at the Alarm office for the fire dept. Also in the same building is Radio Repair for both the fire and police. It is located at Flicker and Avery.[/quote]

It is a collection point for new MPD cars and a dumping ground for the old ones!!

Memphis Fire Dept - Kevin Lackey - 05-17-2008

And also a collection point for those bitching about Apparatus Maint looking like a dump.

Memphis Fire Dept - Guest - 05-18-2008

Hey kevin how about some pics of the NEW Rescue 3 in-action or not.

[quote name='Operaone' post='214312' date='May 16 2008, 16:38 ']Mathew: Where is the lot where the new chiefs rigs were at? Looks like Police vehicles in the background. Thanks. Dick Logan[/quote]

Armour Center, 79 S. Flicker

Was once the Training Center for the Memphis Fire Department on one end of the building and Memphis Police Department's Central Precinct on the other end. On the west side of Armour Center is the old drill field and drill tower. Also in the building was the MFD Alarm Office and EMS Offices.

Now in the building is Radio Maintenance, MFD Communications, & part of MFD Inspections. The police department uses their end of the building also, not exactly sure which group of officers it is, it's no longer a precinct though.

[quote name='JFong' post='212695' date='May 10 2008, 23:17 ']That explains it a little better. Do the BC not carry as much equipment as the EMS guys?[/quote]

When the vehicle specifications were first drawn out, the XL Expeditions were picked so they could be used to cary extra backboards or even stretchers in the event of mass casualty or other high demand event. I am suprised to see the particular compartment package because that obviously eliminates the ability to load a stretcher. The EMS Lieutenants do carry alot more stuff than the B/C's. Extra drugs, spare defibrilators, etc. When I rode for three months, I had to keep my turnouts in the backseat because there was no room in the trunk. If I had to pick somone up at the hospital to give them a ride back to quarters, it looked like we were riding in a clown car.

Like Bobby said, I'm also pretty sure that eventually, all of the command vehicles will be the Expedition.

Memphis Fire Dept - Kevin Lackey - 05-18-2008

Country a good shot of it raised in front of a good working fire would be great. Im out of the loop in Millington man, I could actually make it in a timely manner to stuff on the north end if I could actually pick up the vocals out here. I need to come down and check it out, I havent even seen it in person yet. Sad aint it ?

Memphis Fire Dept - jim kay - 05-22-2008

Memphis request,

Would it be possible for one of the Memphis members to get photos showing the compartment layout on the new units(medics) showing interior and exterior compartments and pt. compartment and post for comparison...Thanks in advance.

Memphis Fire Dept - Operaone - 05-22-2008

Thanks guys. Dick Logan

Memphis Fire Dept - dano3rescue - 05-22-2008

[quote name='jim kay' post='215863' date='May 22 2008, 18:31 ']Memphis request,

Would it be possible for one of the Memphis members to get photos showing the compartment layout on the new units(medics) showing interior and exterior compartments and pt. compartment and post for comparison...Thanks in advance.[/quote]

I'll try to get that done tomorrow.

Memphis Fire Dept - Guest - 05-23-2008

[quote name='dano3rescue' post='215871' date='May 22 2008, 16:52 ']I'll try to get that done tomorrow.[/quote]

I'll be at work Saturday and get them if Lt. Dan doesn't get them today.

Memphis Fire Dept - Truckman - 05-23-2008

Kevin or anyone in Memphis, Any old photos of the old 14's?? Plus any of the old stations that have been replaced.

Post 'em if you do.

Thanks.

Memphis Fire Dept - Guest - 05-24-2008

For everyone keeping track, here are photos of E14 - one of three additional Pierce Arrow XT pumpers being built for the City of Memphis. These are the same spec as the last three that went to E30, E42, and E60 with the exception of the Husky Foam Pro system and an integrated 20 gallon (i think, maybe 30 gallon) Class B foam tank.

These will be assigned to E14 and E20 with Battalion 3 in South Memphis and E16 with Battlaion 6 in Orange Mound.

E14's current pumper will go to E15, E20 will be going to E24, and E16 will be going to E46.

[Image: E14.jpg]