Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Terry's Tid Bits II - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Terry's Tid Bits II (/showthread.php?tid=2025)

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 11-05-2007

Community Rescue of Hagerstown bought this Freightliner/Horton from Smithsburg.

Terry

Maryland Line,Md. runs this Seagrave engine.

Terry

Montgomery County Maryland originally assigned this Pierce Dash 100' tower with All-Steer to station 6 in Bethesda but after trimming the trees for the county it was moved to Gaithersburg who was in need of a truck after theirs was in an accident.The county has 4 TDA's and 5 more rear mounts with All-Steer on order from what I've heard.

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 11-10-2007

Joppa-Magnolia Fire Co. recently took delivery of this Pierce Enforcer,job#19290.

Terry

This engine is owned by the Westphal Volunteer Fire Co. and staffed by career firefighters.It is a 1997 Pierce Lance 1500gpm 750gal and carries job# EB-239.

Terry

The Community Fire Co. of Rising Sun,Md. runs this Pierce Dash rescue squad.

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 11-18-2007

This Pierce Saber from Bethel Twp. was getting a little body work done at a local body shop.

Terry

This CF Mack is marked for New Franklin,Pa.

Terry

Branchville,Md. Pierce Dash at the local Pierce service center.

Terry

Martinsburg,Wv. runs this Spartan/Grumman 102' Aerialcat with rear mount pump.Truck is slated to be replaced by a Pierce Velocity mid mount tower next year.

Terry

National Institute of Health runs this Pierce saber.

Terry

The Letterkenny Army Depot runs this Duplex/Thibault that was refurbed several years ago by ITE with the addition of a new Spartan cab and new fire body. I think I have done well tonight so I think I'm out of pictures until I download more from my camera...

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - Guest - 11-18-2007

[quote name='dawson_fire' post='164296' date='Nov 18 2007, 01:34 ']Martinsburg,Wv. runs this Spartan/Grumman 102' Aerialcat with rear mount pump.Truck is slated to be replaced by a Pierce Velocity mid mount tower next year.

Terry[/quote]

That has got to be hands down the most unusual Grumman TL I have ever seen!!!

[quote name='dawson_fire' post='164298' date='Nov 18 2007, 01:41 ']The Letterkenny Army Depot runs this Duplex/Thibault that was refurbed several years ago by ITE with the addition of a new Spartan cab and new fire body. I think I have done well tonight so I think I'm out of pictures until I download more from my camera...

Terry[/quote]

Nice job tonight Terry! Really enjoyed your pics.

Matt "W"

Aw Shucks!!!! Thanks for the compliment as I try to post as often as possible but you just can't post when your eyes are closed,I know I tried!

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - hp1530 - 11-18-2007

[quote name='ifd29buff' post='164299' date='Nov 17 2007, 21:50 ']That has got to be hands down the most unusual Grumman TL I have ever seen!!![/quote]

I second that comment. Quite unusual looking truck. Reminds me of a Sutphen how the the bucket hangs off the rear of the truck like that.

Terry's Tid Bits II - Ladder 68 - 11-18-2007

It looks like an Atlanta spec tower from the same era, except their aerials were 92' and the pump which could have been added during a refurb.

Ga Dave, this look like one of them?

What makes it more unusual if I remember correctly is the discharges come out under the basket.If I see it again I will try to get a picture of this if it is indeed what I remember.

Terry

I didn't think Pierce was still selling/offering the All-Steer anymore?

[quote name='ecfr1978' post='164520' date='Nov 18 2007, 19:40 ']I didn't think Pierce was still selling/offering the All-Steer anymore?[/quote]

This one is several years old but they have 5 more on order along with 4 TDA to go along with them.

I think if you have one or more they will still build them for you but they are not actively marketing them to anyone who does not already have one.I'm sure someone knows for sure but that is what I have heard.

Terry