Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Hahn...post them if you got them. - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Hahn...post them if you got them. (/showthread.php?tid=2010)

Hahn...post them if you got them. - dcfireman - 06-09-2007

Thanks, BA000049 , for the interesting history on the East Whiteland Hahn - always a favorite part of these posts. Also, appreciation to Motorcyle 73 for sharing the on-the-scene photo of Pawtuxet Engine 6. Nice work, gentlemen.

Hahn...post them if you got them. - engine216 - 06-10-2007

West Hanover Township Fire Company. Company 36, Dauphin County, Pa.

Old Engine 36-1

1975 C-Model Ford/Hahn

[Image: OldEngine36-11975C-ModelFord-Hahn.jpg]

Picture by Carl "Pete" Moyer

Old Engine 36-2

1970 C-Model Ford/Hahn

[Image: OldEngine36-21970C-ModelFord-Hahn1.jpg]

Picture by Carl "Pete" Moyer

Engine 36-2

1991 Spartan/1973 Hahn

1,250 GPM/750 GWT

[Image: Engine36-21.jpg]

Credit to the origial photographer.

Picture from the West Hanover website.

Hahn...post them if you got them. - mack505 - 06-10-2007

Shot this one at Lynnfield yesterday. 1973 750 gpm from Klingerstown (PA? not sure). Note the vanity plate.

[Image: DSC_3075-vi.jpg]

Hahn...post them if you got them. - wardengine - 06-10-2007

[quote name='Mack505' post='118102' date='Jun 10 2007, 21:49 ']Shot this one at Lynnfield yesterday. 1973 750 gpm from Klingerstown (PA? not sure). Note the vanity plate.

[Image: DSC_3075-vi.jpg][/quote]

yes pennsylvania

Hahn...post them if you got them. - Guest - 06-11-2007

Found this one at the Catskill Fire-Cats Antique Apparatus Show and Muster yesterday, in Circleville, NY. I could not find any info on it,

Hahn with Ford V8 badges from Hamburg, PA

19?? Hahn from Bloomburg, PA

'Twas an amazing sight to see up there yesterday! Met a bunch of Firepixers. Took 500 pix.

There is this Hahn not shown before - 1926 "Never Late Fire Co" ex New Milford NY, model BFD 6, sn 6192 pump NORO 20332.

The owner of the facility had/has an adopt a rig program. You adopt a rig and come over to work on it. You can choose from 110 rigs there now.

Sorry 'bout the in-house out-house. This reaches a new low in the DSS category.

Phil, Bklyn.[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Great shots Grumpy. Sorry we didn't get to meet!

Here's a pic of the hood of the 1937 Ford Hahn from Union Fire Co, Hamburg, PA showing the magnificent rooster hood ornament.

I must have walked right past you ...Great show yesterday.

Hahn...post them if you got them. - wardengine - 06-11-2007

[quote name='grumpyFF' post='118293' date='Jun 11 2007, 14:10 ']I must have walked right past you ...Great show yesterday.[/quote]

yeah and us too,we were there unfortunately my photos insider did not come out too well real dark inside building. i think just about every buff that stepped foot in the buildind had the amazed look at what was there

[quote name='grumpyFF' post='118207' date='Jun 11 2007, 10:07 ']Found this one at the Catskill Fire-Cats Antique Apparatus Show and Muster yesterday, in Circleville, NY. I could not find any info on it,

Hahn with Ford V8 badges from Hamburg, PA[/quote]

Additional info:

1935 Ford V-8/Hahn. Built by Hahn in Hamburg for Union FC-Hamburg (Berks Co.),PA. Originally a 2 tank chemical truck. In 1943 a 500 gpm front-mount pump was added. Protected the Hahn plant. In 1951 the underwriters surveyed the Borough of Hamburg and found the fire company had obsolete equipment. Hahn was building apparatus for a multitude of customers but the hometown was suffering. The result was the complete rebuild of the 1935 by Hahn and two new front-mount pumpers on Ford chassis by Hahn. In service in Hamburg until 1967.

[quote name='wardengine' post='118294' date='Jun 11 2007, 14:13 ']yeah and us too,we were there unfortunately my photos insider did not come out too well real dark inside building. i think just about every buff that stepped foot in the buildind had the amazed look at what was there[/quote]

Andy was the most surprised person of all at the press coverage and the turnout.

Us pixers really do have to work out some sort of sign-in place (probably right next to what ever entrance is being used,) There were at least 6 of us there.

[quote name='alpowg' post='118304' date='Jun 11 2007, 14:46 ']Additional info:

1935 Ford V-8/Hahn. Built by Hahn in Hamburg for Union FC-Hamburg (Berks Co.),PA. Originally a 2 tank chemical truck. In 1943 a 500 gpm front-mount pump was added. Protected the Hahn plant. In 1951 the underwriters surveyed the Borough of Hamburg and found the fire company had obsolete equipment. Hahn was building apparatus for a multitude of customers but the hometown was suffering. The result was the complete rebuild of the 1935 by Hahn and two new front-mount pumpers on Ford chassis by Hahn. In service in Hamburg until 1967.[/quote]

Thanks Al. All that was mentioned yesterday but I forgot it (had no time to write it down; kept meeting people and explaining things or asking questions.)

Yes it was dark (photographically speaking). Really have to wait a good length of time for the flash to be fully charged. I'll post some of the better ones.

Phil.

Hahn is German for Rooster. Question is why was it chosen as the trademark?

Phil, Bklyn.

Hahn...post them if you got them. - wardengine - 06-11-2007

[quote name='Bklyn Phil' post='118353' date='Jun 11 2007, 19:09 ']Andy was the most surprised person of all at the press coverage and the turnout.

Us pixers really do have to work out some sort of sign-in place (probably right next to what ever entrance is being used,) There were at least 6 of us there.[/quote]

i thought i was clearly marked with my ward lafrance hat & green spaamfaa shirt until i found them for sale!!! unbelieveable very hard to find too. i truely enjoyed the day and also had the overwhelming look like every body had when they entered the building. looking forward to next year!!!!

[quote name='wardengine' post='118368' date='Jun 11 2007, 19:51 ']i thought i was clearly marked with my ward lafrance hat & green spaamfaa shirt until i found them for sale!!! unbelieveable very hard to find too. i truely enjoyed the day and also had the overwhelming look like every body had when they entered the building. looking forward to next year!!!![/quote]

I Was there too sitting in my 58 ward with my firepics.net sign in my windshield. will be at a.t.c.a. father's day show in pa this weekend

Hahn...post them if you got them. - Frank B - 06-12-2007

Hey! Thanks for the cool detailed pics of the Hahn's at the muster. Do you happen to know the owners of the antique Hahn, Bloomsberg and Hamburg Hahn? Please let me know!

Hahn...post them if you got them. - engine216 - 06-18-2007

Citizens Fire Company No. 1 of Oberlin. Company 43, Dauphin County, Pa. This company is no longer in service, having mereged recently with the Goodwill Fire Company of Enhuat to form the Swatara Township Volunteer Fire Company, Company 49.

Old Engine 43

1973 Hahn

[Image: OldEngine431973Hahn3.jpg]

Picture by Brian Glasmire.