Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Terry's Tid Bits II - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Terry's Tid Bits II (/showthread.php?tid=2025)

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 11-18-2007

Since this truck had alot of interest I dug the drivers side out of the recycle bin.

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - Guest - 11-19-2007

Terry, you might want to clean that lens.

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 11-19-2007

Thanks John! During the summer months when I take the camera out it gets condensation on the lens and I never remember until I download the pictures that it will do that when the truck is at 70 degrees and it is 101degrees outside.

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - Guest - 11-20-2007

Terry,

The Mack you have listed for New Franklin was actually ran out of the Franklins of Chambersburg Fire Dept. It was replaced a couple of years before they purchased their new twin E\-One engines. I always wondered what happened to it.

Terry's Tid Bits II - rescueff - 11-20-2007

[quote name='Shoop' post='165018' date='Nov 20 2007, 13:03 ']Terry,

The Mack you have listed for New Franklin was actually ran out of the Franklins of Chambersburg Fire Dept. It was replaced a couple of years before they purchased their new twin E\-One engines. I always wondered what happened to it.[/quote]

To Explain a little history behind this unit. This unit was purchased in 1995 by the Franklin Fire Co of Chambersburg and ran as Engine 41. The reason for purchasing this unit is because of the following incident:

from www.sta4.com under the history page

In 1995 while responding to a kitchen fire on the Warm Spring Road and while going back a farm lane to the house, Engine 45 was traveling at a very slow speed because the dirt lane had a lot of ruts and groundhog holes in it. The engine hit a small groundhog hole near the edge of the road and the dirt road caved in under the weight of the fire engine causing it to roll down a small hill and come to rest on its roof. The fire engine had a full crew of six on it. No one was seriously injured, but all were taken to the hospital to be checked out and all were released. Upon the roll over this engine was then sent back to the E\-One plant to have the damage repaired. In the mean time we were down to one fire engine. Since we are a two piece engine company, the fire company decided to buy a used engine until we could get ours back. A committee was appointed and they went looking for a good used piece that would fit our needs. An engine was found in Strasburg , PA, for the price of $35,000. We would keep this engine until Engine 45 was repaired and back in service. This engine would be known as Engine 41.

After Engine 45 was repaired Station 4 operated three engines for awhile. In approx. 2002 or 2003 this unit was sold to a local Doctor from the area who collected Macks. In appox. 2003 New Franklin Fire Co. (Co. 17) started using this engine as Engine 17-1 becuase the sold their 1986 Pierce before thier new Engine came in and since they were short and engine Dr. Orange loaned them this engine until their new engine came in. It was lettered with New Franklin markings because they were using it for awhile. After their new engine came in this unit was once agian placed out of service and returned to its owner. As far as I know this unit is being kept at the Franklin County Public Safety Training Center in Chambersburg.

This unit is a 1972 Mack CF and has a 1000 GPM with 750 GWT.

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 11-24-2007

Lancaster County Training Center (Pa.) runs this Pierce Contender.

Terry

Lake Meade,Pa. runs this Freightliner/E-1 rescue.

Terry

Mt.Union, Pa. runs this Pierce Lance with 55' aerial ladder.

Terry

New Cumberland,Pa. Pierce Dash 105' quint.

Terry

Lucketts,Va. runs this 2007 IH/4-Guys 1500gpm 3000gal tanker job# F-2499.

Terry

National Institute of Health runs this Pierce Dash 100' tower.

Terry

Baltimore City engine 43 is this Pierce Saber.

Terry

Baltimore City Engine 23 is this Pierce Enforcer.

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - Guest - 11-24-2007

[quote name='dawson_fire' post='166110' date='Nov 24 2007, 03:17 ']Mt.Union, Pa. runs this Pierce Lance with 55' aerial ladder.

Terry[/quote]

Origianlly ran as Engine 38 with Largo Fire Rescue in Florida. First in a fleet of Pierce Lances they ran. The other four had 50' Telesqurts. They now run 3 Quantums, and a Saber with Skybooms, along with a Quantum 75' RM and a Dash 100' RM Tower.

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 12-09-2007

Kingsdale,Pa. runs this Freightliner/Darley 3500 gallon tanker.

Terry

Annapolis,Md. recently took delivery of this Ford/Pierce unit.

Terry

The Millwood Station Fire Co. of Winchester,Va. is about to take delivery of this 2007 Pierce Contender 1500gpm 1000gal job#7653652.

Terry

Fairfax City,va. runs this White/GMC/National Foam(me thinks any way) foam unit which was recently replaced by a new Pierce.Rumor has this truck going to Prince Georges County,Maryland with no station assignment mentioned to me.

Terry

East Vineland,NJ runs this 1991 Pierce Dash with rear facing doors not seen much in my neck of the woods.Unit has a 1250gpm pump and carries job# E-6438.

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 12-13-2007

Accokeek,Md. runs a pair of these Pierce Lances(no other info).

Terry