Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Washington Metro Airports Authority VA (/showthread.php?tid=2001)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - Roto-Ray - 03-11-2012

No, because they have different product lines for different budgets, are more willing to build truly custom rigs than Appleton is, offer more construction materials, longer warranties, and they're competitive in their pricing. As always, your milage may vary, however....

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - fyrfoto - 03-11-2012

[quote name='Roto-Ray' timestamp='1331451242' post='477133']

No, because they have different product lines for different budgets, are more willing to build truly custom rigs than Appleton is, offer more construction materials, longer warranties, and they're competitive in their pricing. As always, your milage may vary, however....

[/quote]

This is interesting. Pierce offers Aluminum Stainless and Galvanneal, what other material do you want?? Judging by what you see coming out of Appleton it would appear Pierce is willing to build whatever folks want, and typically offers very long warranties, I'm curious what is driving your information.

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - drfeelgood - 03-11-2012

[quote name='fyrfoto' timestamp='1331484776' post='477161']

This is interesting. Pierce offers Aluminum Stainless and Galvanneal, what other material do you want?? Judging by what you see coming out of Appleton it would appear Pierce is willing to build whatever folks want, and typically offers very long warranties, I'm curious what is driving your information.

[/quote]

Pierce does not offer extruded bodies, cab selection is limited, and you cant be on top forever. I have a ton more but this is the MWAA thread

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - Roto-Ray - 03-11-2012

As my friend Feelgood said, there are things that Pierce simply doesn't do. Try to get them to build you a 3/16" aluminum body, give you a 20 year body warranty, or build an extruded body. Ain't happenin'. Pierce has three standard pumper body lengths, choose one.

My knowledge comes from factory visits, trade shows, manufacturer reps, and serving on 2 apparatus committees that have collectively specified & purchased about 40 rigs in the past 12 years.

I think there are fine rigs coming out of Appleton, but there are simply some things that other manufacturers are willing to do that Pierce isn't. Not a slam on Pierce, just a fact.

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - drfeelgood - 03-11-2012

[quote name='Roto-Ray' timestamp='1331507862' post='477200']

As my friend Feelgood said, there are things that Pierce simply doesn't do. Try to get them to build you a 3/16" aluminum body, give you a 20 year body warranty, or build an extruded body. Ain't happenin'. Pierce has three standard pumper body lengths, choose one.

My knowledge comes from factory visits, trade shows, manufacturer reps, and serving on 2 apparatus committees that have collectively specified & purchased about 40 rigs in the past 12 years.

I think there are fine rigs coming out of Appleton, but there are simply some things that other manufacturers are willing to do that Pierce isn't. Not a slam on Pierce, just a fact.

[/quote] Yup there are plenty of other fish in the sea that will do more for less

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - lawrencewhite111 - 03-21-2012

Any one know the status of New Engine 301B?

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - Frank B - 03-23-2012

Did you mean out sell Pierce Air craft crash trucks? For municipal fire apparatus,

Pierce has a massive loyal following, and there fire apparatus body's are top grade.

Unless something unforeseen happens, I highly doubt that Rosenbauer will out sell them.

Pierce out sells KME here in my area (SE Pennsylvania)

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - Guest - 03-26-2012

[quote name='jpgraber' timestamp='1330528461' post='476207']

Actually on the ARFF Side, Rosenbauer is making a pretty comperable product and the new Oshkosh Striker has a lot of the features that the Rosenbauer Panther has (I'm not saying they copied it but its an awful coincidence that they rolled out something very similar after going to airports that have Rosie's). The Rosenbauer version of the Snozzle is a much better product and its a pretty nice truck to drive.

[/quote]

Ive actually been to the Reagan Station, my Volly Deputy Chief is a Technician there, and we toured the firehouse and even got to check out their Stryker, and they are in love with it, they love the way it drives and its operating features. Im sure if any of those guys from there have a say in it, it will be a Stryker. Rosenbauer is building junk honeslty. There fit and finish work is uncomparible to Pierce. When you buy a Pierce, you get what you want. When you buy a Rosenabuer, well your going foreign. Just like servicing a VW or Volvo, gets expensive and difficult. Around here with Atlantic, most of the time your Pierce is fixed within 24-48 hours if reasonable. just my opinion on Pierce and Rosenbauer.

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - Roto-Ray - 03-26-2012

What you do mean "you're going foreign" when you go Rosenbauer? Having been to the factories, I've yet to meet anyone foreign there, and their rigs are designed to use off-the-shelf parts to make it easier for field personnel to repair. The rigs coming out of South Dakota are more of an economy line, few people will deny that, but the Minnesota rigs have all of the fit and finish of any of the the other manufacturers.

We have departments that don't consider Pierce in this area (still Atlantic coverage area) because of the poor service turnaround times.

With Pierce having 70% or more of the market share in Virgnia and Maryland, there's resistance to try anything new...

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - drfeelgood - 03-26-2012

[quote name='Barman' timestamp='1332736698' post='478831'] Ive actually been to the Reagan Station, my Volly Deputy Chief is a Technician there, and we toured the firehouse and even got to check out their Stryker, and they are in love with it, they love the way it drives and its operating features. Im sure if any of those guys from there have a say in it, it will be a Stryker. Rosenbauer is building junk honeslty. There fit and finish work is uncomparible to Pierce. When you buy a Pierce, you get what you want. When you buy a Rosenabuer, well your going foreign. Just like servicing a VW or Volvo, gets expensive and difficult. Around here with Atlantic, most of the time your Pierce is fixed within 24-48 hours if reasonable. just my opinion on Pierce and Rosenbauer. [/quote]

24-48 hours turn around time from a Atlantic........ Let me get back in the chair I just fell out of!!! That might be the case if your rig is red and has the name of a very large county in NOVA written on it. Just like AFE did AES has turned their back on the VFD's that built them. Try 24-48 days just to look at a rig!!! Pierce makes a great truck especially anything proir to the Velocity but there is a ton more brands to look at that build great trucks out there. Service after the sale and standing behind your product can go a long way.

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - Guest - 03-31-2012

New Engine 301B - an absolutely gorgeous rig. This was the best shot I could get due to where it was parked. If anyone wants me to email a larger file size drop me a message. Love the Mars Light/Roto-Ray combination!

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - Guest - 05-28-2012

[Image: 13-L.jpg]

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - GA_Dave - 05-28-2012

[quote name='Roto-Ray' timestamp='1332792149' post='478897']

I've seen this first hand, and can direct you to several other departments that have called to check on their rigs after a month only to be told, "We haven't gotten a chance to look at it yet..."

[/quote]

This sounds like a dealer issue, not a Pierce issue. Maybe Pierce should be informed. We had the same issues with Harless years ago. We are now well taken care of by Ten-8.

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - Roto-Ray - 05-28-2012

[quote name='GA_Dave' timestamp='1338247005' post='486500']

This sounds like a dealer issue, not a Pierce issue. Maybe Pierce should be informed. We had the same issues with Harless years ago. We are now well taken care of by Ten-8.

[/quote]

Oh yes, very much a dealer issue...but a Pierce issue as well, since our dealer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Oshkosh. Hard to win that one!

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - fyrfoto - 05-29-2012

[quote name='Roto-Ray' timestamp='1338248554' post='486502']

Oh yes, very much a dealer issue...but a Pierce issue as well, since our dealer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Oshkosh. Hard to win that one!

[/quote]

Better check your facts on that one. Atlantic is independent.

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - Guest - 05-29-2012

[quote name='Good2Go' timestamp='1338237183' post='486495']

[Image: 13-L.jpg]

[/quote]

Beautiful shot but I'm not liking the bumper cheverons. Yea yea, details but that bumper like many others as of late just looks bad in my humble opinion. Dark green versus red, I think I'd be set. None the less, great shot of a nice rig.

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - drfeelgood - 05-29-2012

[quote name='fyrfoto' timestamp='1338305736' post='486590']

Better check your facts on that one. Atlantic is independent.

[/quote] Damn I fell out of my chair again

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - ShoreFire - 05-29-2012

[quote name='drfeelgood' timestamp='1338310230' post='486598']

Damn I fell out of my chair again

[/quote]

My upper plate just hit the keyboard!

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - fyrfoto - 05-29-2012

[quote name='drfeelgood' timestamp='1338310230' post='486598']

Damn I fell out of my chair again

[/quote]

http://www.vafirenews.com/2010/08/atlantic-emergency-solutions-is-named-pierce-and-medtec-provider-for-mid-atlantic-region/

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - drfeelgood - 05-29-2012

[quote name='fyrfoto' timestamp='1338324159' post='486612']

[url="http://www.vafirenews.com/2010/08/atlantic-emergency-solutions-is-named-Pierce-and-medtec-provider-for-mid-atlantic-region/"]http://www.vafirenew...tlantic-region/[/url]

[/quote]

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you read. Those that know, know and we will leave it there. Shore you've been serving a good batch. Any who that is a nice pumper for MWAA.