Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
FLORIDA RIGS - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: FLORIDA RIGS (/showthread.php?tid=1847)

FLORIDA RIGS - Guest - 09-23-2009

Alex-

Add these to the list of trucks that you are going to take me to photograph when I come down in December.

Mark

FLORIDA RIGS - jlg1875 - 09-23-2009

[quote name='unMARKedCARR' date='23 September 2009 - 02:20 PM' timestamp='1253728816' post='338387']

Patrick, it sounds like Town of Palm Beach might keep you busy for a few more visits. They told us that they're going to order 2 quints and replace some of the engines soon too (they only have 3)
. One of the 2 older Sutphens will be surplused as well.

Mark

[/quote]

One of the older Sutphens is going to Essex, CT, if it hasn't already.

Plantation Fire Department took delivery of R276 today. Although I'm not a fan of the graphics package, she's a very sharp looking bus. R276 is a 2009 Spartan Furion/Braun, the largest built yet. Revert to post; #537 for pictures.

FLORIDA RIGS - E-46 - 09-23-2009

Great photos!! Kinda like the rescue.

[quote name='FIREPIX21' date='23 September 2009 - 05:22 PM' timestamp='1253739729' post='338419']

Plantation Fire Department took delivery of R276 today. She's 2009 Spartan Furion/Braun, the largest built yet. Thanks, Ray for all your help.

Although I'm not a fan of the graphics package chosen, she's a very sharp looking bus.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

I apologize guys... cloudy with very little sunlight.

[/quote]

When I saw it at 11 AM this morning it was just getting the door decals on it. I was with Ray looking at the new Ft. Lauderdale Pumpers. Alex you are right it is a beauty...I have to disagree with you....for a Paramedic only truck (non-firefighters), I LOve The Graphics...they make the truck look REAL SHARP>>>

FLORIDA RIGS - Reliance - 09-23-2009

Alex: Is this bigger than Miami's. Very truck unit & good luck with it.

FLORIDA RIGS - srq2009 - 09-23-2009

Very cool pics, everyone! I love the new Fort Lauderdale Ladders and the Plantation Rescue. Keep the pics coming!!!

[quote name='capttomo' date='23 September 2009 - 08:10 PM' timestamp='1253749812' post='338462']

When I saw it at 11 AM this morning it was just getting the door decals on it. I was with Ray looking at the new Ft. Lauderdale Pumpers. Alex you are right it is a beauty...I have to disagree with you....for a Paramedic only truck (non-firefighters), I LOve The Graphics...they make the truck look REAL SHARP>>>

[/quote]

Tom,

My only concern is the font size. If you look on the drivers door "CITY OF PLANTATION FIRE DEPARTMENT" in my opinion is to big. On the box itself, "PLANTATION FIRE RESCUE" needs to be at least 2X larger, and did you check out the other side where "PLANTATION FIRE RESCUE" goes right across the window? EWW!! Couple other things I noticed is, they should have continued the white/gold striping through the cab and the word "PARAMEDIC"? to me would looks and sounds better as "PARAMEDICS".

Ignoring the fact that it looks like a bread delivery truck, I like it. Great photo, which is the norm for you.

Its definitely an awesome truck! Very well built! But I agree with Alex, the graphics are pretty lame.

Walking up to the truck the first thing I saw was the lettering over the side window, which looked pretty tacky.

FLORIDA RIGS - Guest - 09-24-2009

uh oh !!! I did not see the other side by the window....that was up against the wall while I was there....they were just starting the driver's side...I agree with the continuation of the stripe thru the cab. Paramedics plural sounds better...I will be ordering another pumper soon.....I'm gonna have you come over and proof the lettering/graphics print before I sign off on it...LOL Stay well my friend.

PS Fort Lauderdale Tower coming in today....going straight to Ten 8 facility in Pompano....Two more FT. Laud Pumpers on way also. Because all the Ft Lauderdale pumpers are individually numbered your gonna have to collect the whole set.

FLORIDA RIGS - Guest - 09-24-2009

[quote name='capttomo' date='24 September 2009 - 06:48 AM' timestamp='1253788080' post='338535']

uh oh !!! I did not see the other side by the window....that was up against the wall while I was there....they were just starting the driver's side...I agree with the continuation of the stripe thru the cab. Paramedics plural sounds better...I will be ordering another pumper soon.....I'm gonna have you come over and proof the lettering/graphics print before I sign off on it...LOL Stay well my friend.

PS Fort Lauderdale Tower coming in today....going straight to Ten 8 facility in Pompano....Two more FT. Laud Pumpers on way also. Because all the Ft Lauderdale pumpers are individually numbered your gonna have to collect the whole set.

[/quote]

lol!! I'd love to have the opportunity. I'm trying to find a contact for Fort Lauderdale and/or Pierce to schedule a photo shoot for the aerials.

Ray's got me setup for the engines.

FLORIDA RIGS - FTLAUD - 09-24-2009

Here are two photos of Engine 2

FLORIDA RIGS - srq2009 - 09-25-2009

Those Fort Lauderdale engines just look...odd. But I'm excited to see more of them! Thanks for the pictures!

FLORIDA RIGS - willman940 - 09-25-2009

Was that taken at General?

FLORIDA RIGS - Guest - 09-28-2009

Miami Beach,FL

2001 Pierce/Dash #-111957-01

1500/750 50'

Eng-2

Bill Fricker photo

FLORIDA RIGS - Guest - 09-28-2009

Miami Beach,FL

1990 Duplex/Young

1250/750