Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Fairfax County VA - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Fairfax County VA (/showthread.php?tid=1995)

Fairfax County VA - Guest - 05-21-2009

Also, just for everyone's information. The guys at the shops told us that the new engine will be going to 432 (Fairview). Haven't heard anything on the newest rescue though. When we were down Rescue 439 was just going into service that day.

Fairfax County VA - firemag - 05-21-2009

Rheems1,

Great photos. PLEASE keep posting. I, like many others, am very interested in Fairfax County apparatus. However, I don't journy to the NOVA area often, and must see most of the apparatus by trading photos or here on Firepics. I am looking hard for Engine 407, Engine 420, and Engine 434. Shoop, by the way, I heard the new engine was for 434. Not sure what is correct. Anyway, Rheems1 please post often and numerous!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry

Fairfax County VA - Guest - 05-22-2009

Jerry,

I'll keep ya updated, and try and photograph those engines you need on the next trip to Fairfax. Shouldn't be too long.

Fairfax County VA - BFD1151 - 05-22-2009

Does anyone have a current Fairfax County roster they would mind sharing with me? If so, PM or email me at mjb1121@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Fairfax County VA - davemcclung - 05-22-2009

[quote name='firemag' post='307564' date='May 21 2009, 21:28 ']Rheems1,

Great photos. PLEASE keep posting. I, like many others, am very interested in Fairfax County apparatus. However, I don't journy to the NOVA area often, and must see most of the apparatus by trading photos or here on Firepics. I am looking hard for Engine 407, Engine 420, and Engine 434. Shoop, by the way, I heard the new engine was for 434. Not sure what is correct. Anyway, Rheems1 please post often and numerous!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry[/quote]

Jerry, I shot 420 last October. I am driving out to DC tomorrow for two weeks. I have the drive that I store my photos on packed up already, I will e-mail you some shots next week sometime. I will post a few here as well if I can remember. I will see if I can grab 434 for you sometime in the next two weeks as well.

Fairfax County VA - Guest - 05-22-2009

Dave,

Send me a pm with what days you'll have available. If the weather cooperates maybe we can meet up and do a photo shoot.

Fairfax County VA - davemcclung - 05-22-2009

[quote name='Shoop' post='307752' date='May 22 2009, 19:11 ']Dave,

Send me a pm with what days you'll have available. If the weather cooperates maybe we can meet up and do a photo shoot.[/quote]

Shoop, I will shoot you a message when I get in town on Sunday night and I can see what my schedule is going to be like.

Fairfax County VA - davemcclung - 06-01-2009

Fair Oaks Volunteer Fire Company (Fairfax County Station 421)

Engine 821

1991 Pierce Lance

Job Number E6261

1250/500/30A

Fairfax County VA - FfxCo21V - 06-02-2009

Jack mentioned at our meeting he pulled the engine out for pictures. Note to others. This is not our front line piece. We are specing out a new engine to replace it, so it will be for sell.

I enjoy your photos Dave. Keep 'em coming. Did you shoot our new ambulance?

Bruce

Fairfax County VA - davemcclung - 06-02-2009

[quote name='FfxCo21V' post='310422' date='Jun 2 2009, 04:00 ']Jack mentioned at our meeting he pulled the engine out for pictures. Note to others. This is not our front line piece. We are specing out a new engine to replace it, so it will be for sell.

I enjoy your photos Dave. Keep 'em coming. Did you shoot our new ambulance?

Bruce[/quote]

Bruce, sorry no pictures of the new bus on this trip. I forgot to give a huge thanks to Jack May and Chief Jonathan Wood for their assistance in getting the shots.

Jack did mention a replacement for the Engine and said probably within the next year to year and a half time frame.

A minor correction from my earlier post...I posted using the old radio designator, under the new radio designator the rig is Engine 421B.

Fairfax County VA - davemcclung - 06-04-2009

I wanted to post a few bits before I head back to MN. I will post pictures of new Truck 429 this weekend after I get back.

The Pierce job number on the new Truck 429 is 21398, 2009 Velocity, 105' Rearmount Aerial. The County # is 7079.

The current Truck 429, 03 Pierce Dash 105' Rearmount Aerial Job number 15093-02, County # 7041 will go to the reserve pool. That will mean that there will be 3 Dash Rearmount Aerials in the reserve pool.

The shop (thanks to everyone out there for all their assistance, they are a dedicated, fantastic group of individuals) is taking time to work with each company as they put new rigs into service to mount the equipment the way it should be mounted the first time and try to avoid issues down the road. When I was there to shoot Truck 429, the guys from Truck 429 were there working with the shop on where things should be mounted.

A Hazmat Support Unit is to come as well as another Rescue Squad in the near future. There are at least 7 E-Ones still in County front line service so another order for pumpers at some point in the future is a good possibility.

Fairfax County VA - firemag - 06-05-2009

Thanks Dave for the Truck 429 info.

Anyone have the shop number and Pierce job number for Engine 432 yet?

Thanks - Jerry

Fairfax County VA - davemcclung - 06-14-2009

Truck 429

Pierce Job number 21398

2009 Velocity, 105' Rearmount Aerial

The County # is 7079