Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Washington Metro Airports Authority VA (/showthread.php?tid=2001)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - davemcclung - 07-01-2013

Quote:[Image: attachicon.gif]DSC02590 (2).jpg
Chris, do you think it will be in service by Aug 10th? I will be in DC that week it looks like.

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - FTLAUD - 07-03-2013

Quote:Chris, do you think it will be in service by Aug 10th? I will be in DC that week it looks like.

Possibly. It was delivered Monday, currently at our shops (having their gremlins put in), and then a few days of equipment mounting before we begin training on it. So, Possibly by the 10th, but definitely it will be at the station, if not yet completely in service.

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - lawrencewhite111 - 07-03-2013

Quote:[Image: attachicon.gif]DSC02590 (2).jpg
Would you happen to know the stats for this and with this going in service I assume ex Foam 345 will move to Dulles? Would you  also be able  to provide a up to date rundown of all the Crash Units between Dulles and National? I don't know what is where since New Crash 301 entered service awhile ago.......Thanks.

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - davemcclung - 07-05-2013

Quote:Possibly. It was delivered Monday, currently at our shops (having their gremlins put in), and then a few days of equipment mounting before we begin training on it. So, Possibly by the 10th, but definitely it will be at the station, if not yet completely in service.
Looks like I will be there 15th - 19th of Aug so I will have to make sure to stop in.

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - Guest - 07-30-2013

Ok, so I found some info.  2000 Pump, 3000 Tank, 420 Foam.  Does anybody know what specialities this carries and how much?  Dry Chem, or Halon?

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - Guest - 07-30-2013

[Image: MWAANationalFoam345_zpsdb8dd983.jpg]

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - davemcclung - 08-02-2013

I think MWAA has Purple K on its units. Normally you see 450#. Sometimes you see a unit like DC Foam 2 with 1000# of Purple K. I am not sure but I thought that one of the Dulles Legacy Strikers had 1000# but I may be mistaken. FTLAUD may be able to confirm what the new Global Striker carries vs. the other Foam units.

Quote:Ok, so I found some info.  2000 Pump, 3000 Tank, 420 Foam.  Does anybody know what specialities this carries and how much?  Dry Chem, or Halon?

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - SrFireOfficial - 08-02-2013

What are the three 'yellow things" between the driver's door and small roll-up compartment.  I cropped Shoop's pic to zero in on my area of question....Thanks in advance.

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - derry86 - 08-02-2013

http://www.oshkoshairport.com/en/ARFFTrucks/NewStriker/Striker1500.aspx

Chek out the detail pics, specifically #11.

Looks like power outlets. Or charging ports.

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - SrFireOfficial - 08-03-2013

Thanks Derry86, I think you are on to something.

Could you just imagine something like this shrunk down to a bad-ass urban company engine assault vehicle; it would strike fear into the citizenry!  The motorists would be calling 9-1-1 en-mass to report they had seen an U nidentifed F irefighting O bject!!!

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - FTLAUD - 08-04-2013

Quote:I think MWAA has Purple K on its units. Normally you see 450#. Sometimes you see a unit like DC Foam 2 with 1000# of Purple K. I am not sure but I thought that one of the Dulles Legacy Strikers had 1000# but I may be mistaken. FTLAUD may be able to confirm what the new Global Striker carries vs. the other Foam units.

Foam 352, Foam 301, Foam 345 all have 1000 lb vessels of Purple-K (filled to appx 900 lbs)

All other units at MWAA have 450 lbs. Foam 302 at Dulles has 450 of Halotron in addition to its 450 of PK.

In reference to the three yellow things, they are auto-ejects for the battery charger and block heater/air compressor when the unit is in quarters. One of the three is a standard 120V outlet for the generator.

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - stokess - 08-10-2013

Reference the three covers, 301 C-Shift told me the three were the battery charger, the block heater and the third is to feed a cab power strip to charge 110V things that are in the cab when it's in quarters.  Apparently the Strikers also have them too which I confirmed through a picture of F301.  

So is the third an inlet or an outlet? 

Quote: 

Foam 352, Foam 301, Foam 345 all have 1000 lb vessels of Purple-K (filled to appx 900 lbs)

All other units at MWAA have 450 lbs. Foam 302 at Dulles has 450 of Halotron in addition to its 450 of PK.

In reference to the three yellow things, they are auto-ejects for the battery charger and block heater/air compressor when the unit is in quarters. One of the three is a standard 120V outlet for the generator.

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - Guest - 08-29-2013

Anyone have specs for Engine 301B? Thanks in advance.

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - FTLAUD - 09-02-2013

Quote:Reference the three covers, 301 C-Shift told me the three were the battery charger, the block heater and the third is to feed a cab power strip to charge 110V things that are in the cab when it's in quarters.  Apparently the Strikers also have them too which I confirmed through a picture of F301.  

So is the third an inlet or an outlet? 

You are correct on the three "inlets" for power as you describe. The legacy striker Foam 301 & the TI-3000's have generator outlets in addition to the three inlets. The new F345 does not have any such generator outlets. Had to wait to get back from vacation to actually do a double check myself!

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - FTLAUD - 09-02-2013

Quote:Anyone have specs for Engine 301B? Thanks in advance.

2012 Arrow XT, 1500 gpm / 670 gallon water tank. 10 kw PTO generator. No foam system (unlike E301 & E303).

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - Guest - 09-02-2013

Quote: 

2012 Arrow XT, 1500 gpm / 670 gallon water tank. 10 kw PTO generator. No foam system (unlike E301 & E303).

Thanks, FTLAUD.

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - davemcclung - 09-03-2013

Alex, I have a PDF of the spec drawing for E301 somewhere. When I find it I can send it to you. I have it on a thumb drive somewhere. If I don't get it to you by this weekend, remind me.

Quote: 

Thanks, FTLAUD.

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - DaveYoung - 09-04-2013

http://www.piercemfg.com/PierceMfg/media/PierceMainMediaLibrary/Images/NewDeliveries/2012/March/25126.pdf

301B drawing from Pierce's site.

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - FTLAUD - 09-20-2013

Just arrived to DCA, training underway, the new Mobile Command Post 300. This is a joint fire/police command post for both IAD & DCA, but the driver/operators for it come from the FD.

More info from Frontline's site here.

http://www.frontlinecomm.com/delivery.cfm?ProductID=735

Washington Metro Airports Authority VA - davemcclung - 09-21-2013

Quote:Just arrived to DCA, training underway, the new Mobile Command Post 300. This is a joint fire/police command post for both IAD & DCA, but the driver/operators for it come from the FD.

[Image: attachicon.gif]MCP300.jpg

More info from Frontline's site here.

http://www.frontlinecomm.com/delivery.cfm?ProductID=735

You could run a medium size country from that thing.....