Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous (/showthread.php?tid=1954)

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - lawrencewhite111 - 03-18-2017

James City County

Toana Engine 11

2013 Pierce Velocity PUC

1500 / 670 / 40 / 40

James City County

Toana Ladder 1

2001 Seagrave Aerialscope 75'

New Kent County

Quinton Squad 502

1995 Sutphen Deluge

1500 / 500

ex Williamsburg ,VA

Newport News Ladder 9

2016 Pierce Arrow XT

2000 / 500 / 30 107'

1st Ascendant delivered and in service in Virginia

James City County recently opened a New Station 1in Toana replacing a older cramped facility.............

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - lawrencewhite111 - 03-20-2017

Virginia Beach has placed a new Brush Truck in service at their rural Creeds station......

Brush 6 - 2017 Ford F550 - REV-Hallmark

300 / 400

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - firemag - 04-07-2017

Trey - do you realize it has been a YEAR since anyone besides you posted a photo? I had to go back almost 10 pages to find a photo other than yours. Very sad!

Great photos by you!

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - lawrencewhite111 - 04-07-2017

Quote:Trey - do you realize it has been a YEAR since anyone besides you posted a photo? I had to go back almost 10 pages to find a photo other than yours. Very sad!
Great photos by you!
Its all good........I haven't given up on firepics ! Hope to have some newer updates this weekend .

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - LocalNovaPics - 04-09-2017

Yeah, thanks for sharing Trey. I'm a local out of northern VA but I don't share anything because my shots are all taken out in public, not proper roster shots like what you do. I've been to a few stations to try my hand at getting proper photos but the reception has been lukewarm up here. Not sure if it's because I'm not a FF or what but I've been to a few stations and they told me county policy won't allow it. A couple volunteer stations have helped me out, but most of the career FF's are really hesitant to pull a piece of apparatus out. 

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - LocalNovaPics - 04-09-2017

Also I meant to ask do you know what happened to Collapse 504/Rescue 504/Truck 523 out of Prince William County? I stopped at a couple stations they used to be at and nobody knew what happened to them, I fear they have been sold off already. 

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - drfeelgood - 04-09-2017

Quote:Also I meant to ask do you know what happened to Collapse 504/Rescue 504/Truck 523 out of Prince William County? I stopped at a couple stations they used to be at and nobody knew what happened to them, I fear they have been sold off already. 
Are you talking about Ex T523/Q504?? It's at the PSA and as far as I know Collapse 504 is still in service 

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - lawrencewhite111 - 04-09-2017

Quote:Yeah, thanks for sharing Trey. I'm a local out of northern VA but I don't share anything because my shots are all taken out in public, not proper roster shots like what you do. I've been to a few stations to try my hand at getting proper photos but the reception has been lukewarm up here. Not sure if it's because I'm not a FF or what but I've been to a few stations and they told me county policy won't allow it. A couple volunteer stations have helped me out, but most of the career FF's are really hesitant to pull a piece of apparatus out.
Thanks...... We all started out taking photos how we liked. I now prefer to have my photos posed but that does not mean how you take photos is the wrong way so don't hesitant to share and post anything . As far as PW County goes sometimes its best that the career FFs know your coming . I have ran into issues myself but it all worked out. ex Truck 523 original Quint 504 is currently at Training . Collapse 504 and or Rescue 504 are supposed to be at Station 504 .

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - maxim - 04-10-2017

Local Nova.  If you would like to get together let me know.  I can run some interference in Loudoun and PW. Trey is right, it really does not matter how you take the photos.  Certainly there are perferred angles etc, but remember you are taking the pictures for your pleasure.

The career firefighters have a lot to do during the day and stopping to position apparatus is not always their top priority. They are not taught that in the Academy so as far as they are concerned is not important.  You will find some who have a passion for the business and have no problem setting the rigs in position for photos.  Be sure if they do that, that you e-mail a copy of the picture to them.  I always stressed on my troops to get the "A" post into the sun as a start.

In August in Indianapolis at the IFBA conventions there will be some world class photographers who can help you in positioning the rigs and getting cooperation.

As I said reply back and I think I can make some time to get some decent shots in NOVA, but don't give up on the street shots.  I have been shooting rigs for over 40 years and I prefer the un-posed pictures..

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - maxim - 04-10-2017

P.S.  I have never met you Trey, but I would like to get with you some time when you are up here and see what we can shoot together.

Also Station 504 is under going massive renovations so some of the units normally there may be scattered at various stations and locations

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - lawrencewhite111 - 04-10-2017

Quote:P.S.  I have never met you Trey, but I would like to get with you some time when you are up here and see what we can shoot together.

Also Station 504 is under going massive renovations so some of the units normally there may be scattered at various stations and locations
Ok....You can inbox me your info or email me at lawrencewhite111@cox.net.

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - fighttheenemy666 - 04-12-2017

Quote:Yeah, thanks for sharing Trey. I'm a local out of northern VA but I don't share anything because my shots are all taken out in public, not proper roster shots like what you do. I've been to a few stations to try my hand at getting proper photos but the reception has been lukewarm up here. Not sure if it's because I'm not a FF or what but I've been to a few stations and they told me county policy won't allow it. A couple volunteer stations have helped me out, but most of the career FF's are really hesitant to pull a piece of apparatus out.

LocalNovaPics,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some hesitation from different career crews about moving apparatus around. Frustrates me to hear that. Like Trey said, sometimes a phone call ahead of time can make a big difference. Days can be pretty jam packed and sometimes it's hard to be flexible and change things on the fly. Try to schedule a time if possible, you should be able to find a list of station phone numbers on any County website.

Andrew

Quote:Also I meant to ask do you know what happened to Collapse 504/Rescue 504/Truck 523 out of Prince William County? I stopped at a couple stations they used to be at and nobody knew what happened to them, I fear they have been sold off already.
The three units you mentioned are still in service. Rescue 504 is a 2006 Pierce Dash, its the only 24/7 staffed Rescue in the County and runs from the Gainesville station. A new Pierce is in the works to replace this truck

Collapse 504 is a 1989 Mack R/Saulsbury, due for replacement shortly. This unit is cross-staffed by the crew of Rescue 504. The Rescue and Collapse will be moving to the new Station 22 (located on the west end of PWC) when it opens in the next year or two.

The last one you mentioned is the former Truck 523/Truck 504/Quint 504, now used as a County reserve and at the PWC Training Academy. A 2001 Pierce Dash, 2000/500/40, with a 105' aerial, this was replaced by the new 2016 Pierce Arrow XT at Station 23.

All three of these units are ex-Gainesville District VFD and were turned over to the County when operations at GDVFD were dissolved.

Photo credit to Mike Sanders.

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - LocalNovaPics - 04-12-2017

Wow, thanks for the great response guys. Yeah those are the three trucks I was asking about. Glad to see they aren't gone yet, and thanks for the update. I'm gonna try calling ahead next time I visit a career station, hopefully it works out better. Maxim I'd love to meet up sometime, I will shoot you a PM to discuss this further as I don't want to clutter the thread up. I don't want to overwhelm everyone with the approximately 100+ shots I've taken over the last couple years, so I will start adding 1 or a few at a time. 

Engine 426, Fairfax County Fire & Rescue, Station 26 Edsall Rd.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RGbQJx][Image: 32616256531_66e0772506_k.jpg]

What do the specs mean when you guys post it? Is it tank size/gpm/etc.? 

Edit: Maxim, it says you can't receive any new messages. Weekends work best for me but I am temporarily available some evenings after 3:30, eventually I am going back to an evening shift from 2 pm to 10:30 though and then only weekends will work. Let me know if you want to exchange info or set a time to meet up. Thanks for the offer of help.