Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Preview of FDIC Apparatus - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Preview of FDIC Apparatus (/showthread.php?tid=1439)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Preview of FDIC Apparatus - johndanger - 04-21-2013

Quote:Dalton GA SPH100. This SPH is the first delivered with all manual outrigger controls (HIGHLY requested feature).

Maybe I'll see some of y'all at the Sutphen booth.

I'm curious as to what you mean by all manual controls. 

Preview of FDIC Apparatus - Guest - 04-21-2013

Why so much black over red?  It seems to be the new white over red.

Preview of FDIC Apparatus - Roto-Ray - 04-21-2013

You're exactly right, black-over-red is quickly becoming the new white-over-red.

Personally, I think that solid black rig has all kinds of sexy written all over it.

Preview of FDIC Apparatus - Guest - 04-21-2013

Thanks for posting.  That all black engine is in complete stealth mode!!  Did you happen to see the new Seagrave Tower??  Suppose to be the new apollo.  From the brochure it looks like it has an aerialscope bucket on it. 

Preview of FDIC Apparatus - KDWMAEMT - 04-21-2013

If you didn't catch Seagrave's apparatus OR E\-One's, then there's still a few surprises left. Seagrave is said to be unveiling their new Apollo II rearmount tower and E\-One their redeveloped single axle 110' rearmount ladder and possibly the rumored redeveloped Hurricane cab (tho I doubt that). Neither manufacturer has advertised anything about new products so I'm a but skeptical. Seagrave mentioned it somewhere but no real hoopla about it. E\-One hasn't even done that. ZERO word on anything "new" Those of you going shall see soon enough.

Preview of FDIC Apparatus - airlacey440 - 04-21-2013

Deer Park Ladder

Preview of FDIC Apparatus - airlacey440 - 04-21-2013

E\-One and Rosenbauer was already in the convention center. I believe Spartan was in also. I know they were slow bringing them in this year compared to the other years. When I was walking around the convention center. I did see Plainfield Ladder 121 which is an E\-One. So I am looking forward to the show to see the ones I did get to photography.

Preview of FDIC Apparatus - firescooby - 04-21-2013

Quote:I'm curious as to what you mean by all manual controls. 
Up until this year, there were three options. 1) Push button outrigger controls, 2) Touch screen outrigger controls, or 3) combo of both with wireless remote.

We had many requests for manual hydraulic controls like our SP line, that these were implemented. Dalton got the first, and Orlando has one on order also.

Preview of FDIC Apparatus - firetdriver_99 - 04-22-2013

Quote:You're exactly right, black-over-red is quickly becoming the new white-over-red.

Personally, I think that solid black rig has all kinds of sexy written all over it.

I agree with you although my preference would have been a matching gold stripe to match the lettering and the patch, but in all it does look sharp.

Preview of FDIC Apparatus - firetdriver_99 - 04-22-2013

Quote:If you didn't catch Seagrave's apparatus OR E-One's, then there's still a few surprises left. Seagrave is said to be unveiling their new Apollo II rearmount tower and E-One their redeveloped single axle 110' rearmount ladder and possibly the rumored redeveloped Hurricane cab (tho I doubt that). Neither manufacturer has advertised anything about new products so I'm a but skeptical. Seagrave mentioned it somewhere but no real hoopla about it. E-One hasn't even done that. ZERO word on anything "new" Those of you going shall see soon enough.

Seagrave has the new Appollo 2 advertised on their site and someone in one of the posts in here (can't remember which one) had a construction pic of one posted. 

Preview of FDIC Apparatus - e11ramfireman - 04-22-2013

Quote:East Brooklyn Volunteer Fire
Believe this is East Brooklyn Connecticut, their department ID number is 92 and the patch has a 92 on it, their past rigs have been a white over a dark maroon so going from dark maroon to black is not too far off in a color change.  

Preview of FDIC Apparatus - nolderpkp - 04-22-2013

Deer Park wins!  E\-One should have one of West Lanham Hills' (MD) new engines there...

Preview of FDIC Apparatus - b9208 - 04-22-2013

Quote:Thanks for posting the pictures of our new Rescue. The update we received on Friday didn't have all the graphics on it. We are pleased, it looks great!
Sharp looking rig, chief.  Look forward to seeing some compartment layout shots once you take delivery and are up and running.  Based on what you have posted with your engines, should be awesome.  Good luck with it.

Thanks,

Gary

Preview of FDIC Apparatus - Guest - 04-23-2013

Seagrave is in the process of building the new Apollo 2.  I saw the bed section of the ladder in production when I was there in Feb. for a Pre Con of our new engine.  It is the biggest by bed section by far of an aerial that I have ever seen!  Gonna be allot of weight that chassis will be carrying.  It will have the Aerial Scope bucket on it per the rep there.  By the looks of the ladder and lack of cab and chassis when I was there, I would highly doubt that it would be done in time for the show.  That one on the line was sold to a Dept in NC I believe.

I believe the Apollo 2 everyone is referring to is the one being built for Bridgeton, NJ.

Preview of FDIC Apparatus - KDWMAEMT - 04-23-2013

Quote:Seagrave is in the process of building the new Apollo 2.  I saw the bed section of the ladder in production when I was there in Feb. for a Pre Con of our new engine.  It is the biggest by bed section by far of an aerial that I have ever seen!  Gonna be allot of weight that chassis will be carrying.  It will have the Aerial Scope bucket on it per the rep there.  By the looks of the ladder and lack of cab and chassis when I was there, I would highly doubt that it would be done in time for the show.  That one on the line was sold to a Dept in NC I believe.
According to Seagrave, it will be there

Preview of FDIC Apparatus - e11ramfireman - 04-23-2013

Quote:Seagrave is in the process of building the new Apollo 2.  I saw the bed section of the ladder in production when I was there in Feb. for a Pre Con of our new engine.  It is the biggest by bed section by far of an aerial that I have ever seen!  Gonna be allot of weight that chassis will be carrying.  It will have the Aerial Scope bucket on it per the rep there.  By the looks of the ladder and lack of cab and chassis when I was there, I would highly doubt that it would be done in time for the show.  That one on the line was sold to a Dept in NC I believe.
I believe part of the reason for the large bed section is its a 4 section 100ft rear-mount platform, most manufacturers are 3 sections w/ their rear-mount platforms and you can't make the fly section smaller so the additional section forces the bed section to get bigger.  I was also told that the Apollo 2 is going to be the shortest available wheel-based 100' rear-mount platform available, the drawings for the NJ one show it at a 244" wheel base but they may be able to make that even shorter.  But, with the original Apollo, their bed-sections were enormous as well, even though they were 3 section platforms.  Here's a link to some pictures of the original apollos. http://www.eveshamfire.org/ladder_2215.htm  http://www.flickr.com/photos/anesti1981/3691882023/  http://www.kentuckyfiretrucks.com/Photos/Jefferson-Coun/Pleasure-Ridge-Park-Fire/19986401_jxdpgw#!p=2&n=10

Preview of FDIC Apparatus - John Kenealy - 04-23-2013

Quote:Shenevus-Maryland Engine 1811
This is from Schenevus-Maryland, Otsego County, NY.  This replaces a Ward LaFrance Ambassador. 

Is the Deer Park rig an FDNY demo?

Preview of FDIC Apparatus - Guest - 04-24-2013

Quote:Sharp looking rig, chief.  Look forward to seeing some compartment layout shots once you take delivery and are up and running.  Based on what you have posted with your engines, should be awesome.  Good luck with it.

Thanks,

Gary
Gary,

Thank you! Once we have equipment mounted and it makes its round on the show circuit here locally I will post completed pictures. I can't wait to have her home!