Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Memphis Fire Dept - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Memphis Fire Dept (/showthread.php?tid=2109)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Memphis Fire Dept - firesafe91 - 05-04-2013

Quote:The three engines on the Pierce Flickr site are going to be assigned to Engines 10, 32, and 36. They were purchased with grant money as they protect the Port of Memphis. They have 500 gallon water tanks, 200 gallon foam tanks, and a dry powder system. Since they were purchased with grant money, they were required to be delivered in a certain timeframe. As a result, chassis's were used that were already in production. They are all being repainted to be solid red. 

Are these three engines part of the four engines in the capital plan or in addition to the four engines in the plan?

I'm guessing that this is the first time in a long time that Engine 32 has received a brand new rig - maybe the first time ever. I believe their current Pierce Lance was previously assigned to another company.

How are the four quints and eight medical squads working out?

Thanks in advance.

Memphis Fire Dept - karl4700 - 05-04-2013

Thanks for the information.  Glad to see they will be solid red.

Memphis Fire Dept - kenosha - 05-04-2013

From what I understand, Memphis has four additional engines coming soon, I believe they will be PUC's. 

I'm not sure if this is the first time ever the 32's has received a new engine, but I do know their current Pierce was a reassignment. I think it previously served at Engines 1 and 34. 

Memphis Fire Dept - firesafe91 - 05-04-2013

Quote:From what I understand, Memphis has four additional engines coming soon, I believe they will be PUC's. 

I'm not sure if this is the first time ever the 32's has received a new engine, but I do know their current Pierce was a reassignment. I think it previously served at Engines 1 and 34. 
 Thanks. Seven new engines will certainly reduce the average age of the front-line pumper fleet and provide some spares with fully enclosed cabs.

Memphis Fire Dept - Truckman - 05-04-2013

Quote:Are these three engines part of the four engines in the capital plan or in addition to the four engines in the plan?

I'm guessing that this is the first time in a long time that Engine 32 has received a brand new rig - maybe the first time ever. I believe their current Pierce Lance was previously assigned to another company.

How are the four quints and eight medical squads working out?

Thanks in advance.

The Lance is a 1992, IIFC...

Memphis Fire Dept - Juice - 05-04-2013

Hmm, repainting them to match the rest of the fleet, I wish some other departments took after that concept. (Gary, IN.)  Good for Memphis, glad to see they're updating the fleet.

Trav!

Memphis Fire Dept - Guest - 05-04-2013

We just got a Pierce pumper that is on Memphis specs ( my pic ). When I was at Pierce doing the final inspection the Pierce people told us about the three pumpers on the grant that are white and red and that Pierce is supposed to build 6 more of the arrow xt like our new one for the MFD . I'm sure a MFD person on here can tell you more. As for the white over red , I wish they wold leave them like that as to signify which ones are the foam pumpers. As a person who grew up around the MFD it would kind of be nostalic like the hazmat snorkel squads 2 & 6 that were painted white over red.

Memphis Fire Dept - firesafe91 - 06-15-2013

Four new Pierce Arrow XT PUC pumpers are posted on the Pierce Flikr page (http://www.flickr.com/photos/piercemfg).

It looks like they are going to be assigned to Engines 22, 27, 33, and 48.

The rigs at 27, 33, and 48 are replacing some of the first generation E\-One Cyclone pumpers purchased by Memphis. E22 has a newer E\-One pumper which will probably be reassigned. The 22s and 33s will see lots of fire in their respective first due areas.

These are some sharp looking rigs.

Memphis Fire Dept - Juice - 06-15-2013

All told, this makes 7 new Engines right? How many ladders did they get with the recent delivery? (Last year or two)

Trav!

Memphis Fire Dept - jshippey - 03-06-2014

I have a few questions: What units did the quints replace? engine's or engines/trucks. Where is the Bronto assigned? How many fireboats do they have?

Memphis Fire Dept - Truckman - 03-07-2014

Quote:I have a few questions: What units did the quints replace? engine's or engines/trucks. Where is the Bronto assigned? How many fireboats do they have?

What I was told by a reliable member of the MFD, Q-7, replaced the Engine and Truck (13), Q-28 replaced the Engine and Truck (6), Q-34 replace their engine, Q-37 replaced their  engine.   The Bronco, Ex T-13 is now Truck 5 at FS 8. A zodiac at FS 37 and a zumro at FS 27 and the Training  Center.

A count of now 56 Engine Co's down form 59 and 21 Truck Co's down from 30. Budget cuts may get more.

Memphis Fire Dept - jim kay - 03-08-2014

Hey Truckman... Working on updating my Memphis station roster, can you tell me what stations the trucks are at currently, I know some have moved and not sure where they are assigned now.  Thanks in advance.

Memphis Fire Dept - Guest - 03-08-2014

Here is our most up to date equipment roster

Hugh Doyle

Memphis Fire 

Res2cuE "A" Shift

Memphis Fire Dept - firesafe91 - 03-08-2014

Quote:Here is our most up to date equipment roster

Hugh Doyle

Memphis Fire 

Res2cuE "A" Shift

Thanks for posting the roster. When was E60 removed from service? I didn't see it on the roster.

Memphis Fire Dept - Guest - 03-09-2014

E60 went OOS when E57 was put in service    

Memphis Fire Dept - firepost - 04-06-2014

Thanks for posting the latest roster. Were any stations closed or is it that only companies were taken out of service. Which Rescue company was taken out of service?

Is it correct that the only Tower Ladder left is a Tower Ladder 16  and Truck 2 is no longer a Tower Ladder ?

Was Truck  2 made into a regular straight Aerial Ladder company when they relocated them to Station 6 or had they become a straight Truck company when they were still at Station 1 before they were relocated?

I take it that Truck 2 was relocated to Station 6 so  they wouldn't need to totally shut down the station even though Engine 6 was taken out of service correct?

Do I have this correct that the new Squads are actually "jump companies" and when the Squads go out  on a run the Engine or the Quint company that is located with the Squad "jumps" onto the Squad and the Engine or Quint goes out of service until the Squad returns to quarters?

Thanks

Memphis Fire Dept - kenosha - 04-07-2014

Quote: Thanks for posting the latest roster. Were any stations closed or is it that only companies were taken out of service. Which Rescue company was taken out of service?

Is it correct that the only Tower Ladder left is a Tower Ladder 16  and Truck 2 is no longer a Tower Ladder ?

Was Truck  2 made into a regular straight Aerial Ladder company when they relocated them to Station 6 or had they become a straight Truck company when they were still at Station 1 before they were relocated?

I take it that Truck 2 was relocated to Station 6 so  they wouldn't need to totally shut down the station even though Engine 6 was taken out of service correct?

Do I have this correct that the new Squads are actually "jump companies" and when the Squads go out  on a run the Engine or the Quint company that is located with the Squad "jumps" onto the Squad and the Engine or Quint goes out of service until the Squad returns to quarters?

Thanks
No stations have been closed. Rescue 1 is cross-staffed w/Truck 25 at the 56's. 

The only TL left is 16, as Truck 2's Platform would not fit in the 6's. Yes, it was moved in an effort to keep the 6's house open. Old Truck 2's platform is now a reserve. Truck 2 received former Truck 22's 2008 E\-One rear mount when they moved. 

That is also correct, the squads are cross-staffed with the pumpers. 

Memphis Fire Dept - Guest - 10-16-2014

How are the EMS Battalions set up, do they operate over certain units or are they assigned areas of the city, etc.?

Memphis Fire Dept - Guest - 10-17-2014

I believe there is only one EMS batt. There are several EMS LT's who ride in Tahoes like a batt and I believe they have several Units ( ambulances ) under each EMS Lt. and each LT. covers a certain area of the city and responds on certain criteria calls such as full arrest, multi unit responses, and certain fire calls such as house and actual working fires. When they arrive on scene they establish a medical division on the fire scene.  I think i got most of the info correct and Im sure a MFD guy can chime in.

Memphis Fire Dept - Guest - 01-31-2015

Any pics yet of the new ambulance deliveries from Wheeled Coach?