Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Fairfax County VA - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Fairfax County VA (/showthread.php?tid=1995)

Fairfax County VA - FfxCo21V - 10-29-2009

here is the inside

Fairfax County VA - Guest - 10-29-2009

Bruce,

When you were at the shops, were the new Hazmat and Rescue there? I might be coming down on Monday if the weather holds out for my final trip of the year.

Patrick,

Neither of them were at the West Ox shop. I am going to the Lorton shop Friday. I will let you know if they are there.

Yes, that is the new E413 PUC, not in service yet. Very nice rig. I could have...but will give Shawn the privilege of posting the first pics.

Bruce

Fairfax County VA - EngineMan - 10-29-2009

422 (Greater Springfield) - their website lists the volunteers as only riding the ambo and the 2nd out engine, citing career people riding the first out engine and truck. Looks like they own all of their apparatus w/ no county units. Anyone else comment this?? Seems odd.

Fairfax County VA - davemcclung - 10-29-2009

[quote name='Shoop' date='29 October 2009 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1256847865' post='345150']

Bruce,

When you were at the shops, were the new Hazmat and Rescue there? I might be coming down on Monday if the weather holds out for my final trip of the year.

[/quote]

I think they are still at Singer. Patrick. I would expect them at the North Shop when they arrive.

Fairfax County VA - davemcclung - 10-29-2009

[quote name='FfxCo21V' date='29 October 2009 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1256846546' post='345145']

rear closed

[/quote]

Bruce, thanks for the shots, very nice. :-)

[quote name='EngineMan' date='29 October 2009 - 06:24 PM' timestamp='1256853861' post='345160']

422 (Greater Springfield) - their website lists the volunteers as only riding the ambo and the 2nd out engine, citing career people riding the first out engine and truck. Looks like they own all of their apparatus w/ no county units. Anyone else comment this?? Seems odd.

[/quote]

Since all Fairfax stations are staffed 24/7 with career they are the first out engine & truck. It is rare, but does happen that vols ride first out engines. Vols must be what we call minimum-manned qualified, EMT,FF2, and experienced. Vols in the county put BLS units in service or fill stations with engines durring second or greater alarms. We also cover empty stations for career recert training. Most vol depts have a vol owned engine for their use. Most have at least one ambulance and some will put an ALS units in service. In service simply means we have a crew and ready/waiting for calls, mostly evenings and weekends. We also do EMS coverage for major events.

Now it gets confusing. The vols own 1/3 or more of the front-line pieces. This is done through donations. Yes, we do get allot of questions as to why they are paying taxes and now being ask to contribute to a Vol FD. Greater Springfield, FS22, has a great bingo income and are one of the few that purchased all their front-line rigs.

Hope this helps EngineMan.

Bruce

Fairfax County VA - EngineMan - 10-29-2009

[quote name='FfxCo21V' date='29 October 2009 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1256862354' post='345168']

Since all Fairfax stations are staffed 24/7 with career they are the first out engine & truck. It is rare, but does happen that vols ride first out engines. Vols must be what we call minimum-manned qualified, EMT,FF2, and experienced. Vols in the county put BLS units in service or fill stations with engines durring second or greater alarms. We also cover empty stations for career recert training. Most vol depts have a vol owned engine for their use. Most have at least one ambulance and some will put an ALS units in service. In service simply means we have a crew and ready/waiting for calls, mostly evenings and weekends. We also do EMS coverage for major events.

Now it gets confusing. The vols own 1/3 or more of the front-line pieces. This is done through donations. Yes, we do get allot of questions as to why they are paying taxes and now being ask to contribute to a Vol FD. Greater Springfield, FS22, has a great bingo system and are one of the few that purchased all their front-line rigs.

Hope this helps EngineMan.

Bruce

[/quote]

Thank you Bruce. I wasn't trying to stir a pot I was just trying to figure out why it was. I didn't understand how the volly system ran in FFX. I was comparing to PG. Thanks for the clarification!

Fairfax County VA - Fire28 - 10-29-2009

EMS407's new Ford F350 is in service as well. Anyone know what their going to do with all these Excursions their replacing?

Also are all the BC's & Ems Supr's getting the new 09 Fords?

Lastly do any of you Fairfax guys know where the 2007 International 4400/Hackney Mass Care Support Units (COG Unit) is kept I haven't been able to find it in any of my recent trips.

Fairfax County VA - stokess - 10-29-2009

A few pictures of the new PUC from Open House - was a crap day weather wise - so we'll have better once she's in service and we have a nice weather day, we want to get new group shots, etc.

Photo by Dan Sweet

Photo by Dan Sweet

Photo by Dan Sweet

Photo by Dan Sweet

Here is the new REHAB 413.

Photo by Dan Sweet

And BC402's new buggy. And yes it and the REHAB sit nose to tail in one row in our truckroom.

Photo by Dan Sweet

I thought the UASI funded Mass Casualty truck was kept with Ambulance Bus 427 at 27 but I could be wrong.

Fairfax County VA - Guest - 10-29-2009

Dunn Loring will be on my target list on Monday if I drive down. Can the new engine be moved for photos? I know the first time I stopped for the Rehab it wasn't able to be moved yet.

Fairfax County VA - Fire28 - 10-30-2009

I was at 427 and their was no Mass Casualty Truck and the guy didnt seem to have a clue as to what it was I was talking about.

Fairfax County VA - davemcclung - 10-30-2009

[quote name='Chief413' date='29 October 2009 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1256870510' post='345213']

I thought the UASI funded Mass Casualty truck was kept with Ambulance Bus 427 at 27 but I could be wrong.

[/quote]

Tim,

I have heard rumors that would confirm Chief 413's post that it may be at 427, the other possibility I have heard is at 435.

Fairfax County VA - FfxCo21V - 10-30-2009

Patrick,

Made my first trip to Singers today. Here is Haz Mat 440 & Rescue 411. Nothing else new to take pictures of. Willow Springs Towing had a large wrecker pulling the tank on PW County E591, that was cool.

Bruce