Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
FLORIDA RIGS - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: FLORIDA RIGS (/showthread.php?tid=1847)

FLORIDA RIGS - chief60 - 02-08-2010

I have a question, who has the large White with Yellow striped 2006 Spartan/Hackney tractor-trailer technical rescue unit? I saw it for sale and was wonder why??

FLORIDA RIGS - Mark V. Carr - 02-08-2010

[quote name='chief60' date='08 February 2010 - 08:47 PM' timestamp='1265678872' post='363020']

I have a question, who has the large White with Yellow striped 2006 Spartan/Hackney tractor-trailer technical rescue unit? I saw it for sale and was wonder why??

[/quote]

You're not talking about this 2006 Spartan Gladiator/EVI from Davie are you? That would be odd! Anybody know?

FLORIDA RIGS - Guest - 02-08-2010

That is definetely interesting if they have it for sale. I'll have to put it on the hit list for March.

[quote name='chief60' date='08 February 2010 - 08:47 PM' timestamp='1265678872' post='363020']

[/quote]

Heard rumors couple months back that Davie was getting rid of it's TRT/Special Operations team, I didn't hear anything about them selling the rig. [Image: shrug.gif] I guess I have some investigating to do...

[quote name='Shoop' date='08 February 2010 - 09:29 PM' timestamp='1265681391' post='363029']

That is definetely interesting if they have it for sale. I'll have to put it on the hit list for March.

[/quote]

Absolutely, I've got couple shots of it but nothing posed... Definitely on the list!

FLORIDA RIGS - Guest - 02-10-2010

[quote name='unMARKedCARR' date='08 February 2010 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1265680468' post='363027']

You're not talking about this 2006 Spartan Gladiator/EVI from Davie are you? That would be odd! Anybody know?

[/quote]

Mark,

The rig is in fact up for sale and has been for at least 2 years.

FLORIDA RIGS - ShoreFire - 02-10-2010

Yet another wise purchase I'm sure, guess the thrill of the "biggest toy" game has to come to an end sometime........

FLORIDA RIGS - Guest - 02-10-2010

[quote name='ShoreFire' date='10 February 2010 - 01:35 PM' timestamp='1265825734' post='363429']

Yet another wise purchase I'm sure, guess the thrill of the "biggest toy" game has to come to an end sometime........

[/quote]

lol, agreed.

FLORIDA RIGS - chief60 - 02-10-2010

Thanks guys that is it. I knew someone would come through!It is being marketed out of Long Island, NY area. redfiretrucks123.com

FLORIDA RIGS - Guest - 02-11-2010

[quote name='ShoreFire' date='10 February 2010 - 01:35 PM' timestamp='1265825734' post='363429']

[/quote]

It was ridiculous.....It has sleeping bunks in it....and a HUGE 40 KW diesel generator that takes up two whole compartments in the middle of the truck (In the era of small compact hidden away hydraulic generators). between the command/sleeping areas and huge generator there is no more actual equipment storage room on that truck than a average sized 20 foot heavy rescue style box.

Unfortunately, (even though all their pumpers carry HRT tools) this department runs an abnormally high number of wrecks, extrications, truck accidents, and other highway incidents and could really use a standard compact single axle 20 foot box style heavy rescue truck set up for extended and difficult extrication along with massive scene lighting. They are located in the center of Broward County covering large portions of the Florida Turnpike, I-75, and I-595 which in itself is a nightmare (sometimes 2-3 wrecks over a 2-3 mile stretch at the same time during rush hour)

FLORIDA RIGS - FTLAUD - 02-12-2010

FYI, on Pierce's website today is a brand new black over red 75' PUC for Dania Beach's Ladder 1, get your cameras ready

FLORIDA RIGS - Guest - 02-12-2010

[quote name='FTLAUD' date='12 February 2010 - 12:57 PM' timestamp='1265996246' post='363738']

FYI, on Pierce's website today is a brand new black over red 75' PUC for Dania Beach's Ladder 1, get your cameras ready

[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up, FTLAUD. She's a sharp looking rig!

FLORIDA RIGS - Guest - 02-25-2010

Good afternoon guys, I got a good tip today from a fellow brother that Dania Beach's new ladder truck was delivered. I jumped out of bed and rushed down to Dania Station-1, there I patiently waited about 30-45 minutes for the truck to be inspected, aside of it's gorgeous black over red paint scheme, she lights up completely in red/blue LED's. When the inspection was finished I got the ok by the fire chief to get the rig posed the way I wanted. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Below is Dania Beach Truck-1 a 2010 Pierce Velocity PUC 1500/500/75'

[quote name='FIREPIX21' date='25 February 2010 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1267134522' post='366297']

Good afternoon guys, I got a good tip today from a fellow brother that Dania Beach's new ladder truck was delivered. I jumped out of bed and rushed down to Dania Station-1, there I patiently waited about 30-45 minutes for the truck to be inspected, aside of it's gorgeous black over red paint scheme, she lights up completely in red/blue LED's. When the inspection was finished I got the ok by the fire chief to get the rig posed the way I wanted. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Below is Dania Beach Truck-1 a 2010 Pierce Velocity PUC 1500/500/75'

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

[/quote]

When did Floria start allowing blue lights on other than LE vehicles? Nice pic.

FLORIDA RIGS - ShoreFire - 02-25-2010

Good question, I thought the only Dept's that ran both red & blue were the DPS type, when the cops played fireman during calls.

[quote name='WAGONMAN' date='25 February 2010 - 05:34 PM' timestamp='1267136097' post='366299']

When did Floria start allowing blue lights on other than LE vehicles? Nice pic.

[/quote]

WAGONMAN,

Good question, I know Hollywood Fire Rescue started the trend by adding a combination red, blue, and amber LED lightbar to the rear of all their rigs, since then both Sunrise and Dania Beach Fire Rescue have also converted.

In addition, I will say that it definitely slows the traffic down on the highways.

FLORIDA RIGS - Mark V. Carr - 02-25-2010

[quote name='FIREPIX21' date='25 February 2010 - 06:00 PM' timestamp='1267137615' post='366303']

WAGONMAN,

Good question, I know Hollywood Fire Rescue started the trend by adding combination red, blue, and amber LED lightbars to the rear of all their rigs and since then both Sunrise and Dania Beach Fire Rescue have also converted.

I will say that it definitely slows the traffic down on the highways.

[/quote]

I know that College Park, GA, along with some other departments are now running blues on the back of their rigs. The blues supposedly only work when the truck is in park and gives it an added bit of visibility. When we were at the Pierce plant in Bradenton, FL last week, there were a couple of departments with similar setups.

Great shot Alex!

FLORIDA RIGS - GA_Dave - 02-25-2010

Quote:I know that College Park, GA, along with some other departments are now running blues on the back of their rigs. The blues supposedly only work when the truck is in park...

Supposedly??? Since I'm the one responsible for them being there, I can guarantee you that they are wired to the air brake control. When the rig is moving, the blue lights are off. When the parking brake is applied, they come on. We've been using them for about 9 months and have noticed a difference. The traffic slows down more when Engine 1 is on scene.

The plan is/was to replace the red lenses on certain lights on the other apparatus in our fleet, but it has not yet been done. Last week, Truck 1 was struck while operating at an MVC on the Interstate. It's 48' long and has over 30 red warning lights, but the driver "didn't see it".

Macon-Bibb County, GA has been running with blue lights on the rear of their apparatus for several years.

FLORIDA RIGS - MFD76 - 02-25-2010

We run a Rear Red revolving light and replaced the NFPA Amber with a Rear Blue revolving light on the rear of our rigs. We also run Two Amber Strobes or LED and Two Red Strobes or Led on the rear. We tried for an Arrow Stick but the chief did not allow it. Our next rig will have one. The front of our rig has Red and Blue also on lower and upper zones.

Kansas prior to 1990-1991 only allowed red and white on fire engines and fire trucks. We added blue in 1991 when the law changed.

Stay Safe,

Rick

Another nice shot Alex!!! Looking forward to March.