Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Minneapolis, MN 2nd Alarm (Commercial Structure) - July 31, 2013 - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Fire Scene Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Minneapolis, MN 2nd Alarm (Commercial Structure) - July 31, 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1244)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Minneapolis, MN 2nd Alarm (Commercial Structure) - July 31, 2013 - Guest - 08-04-2013

Quote:Nice work Josh. All of my shots were handheld at ISO 5000 (I am not even sure where my tripod is) I shot some available light stuff last night at the house fire on DuPont Avenue N. at ISO 6400. The full resolution shots were incredibly clean on my monitor and blew me away. I may post some of these tomorrow.

Thanks for the EXIF info. I was going to ask, since I love your available light shots. I also never use a tripod.

Minneapolis, MN 2nd Alarm (Commercial Structure) - July 31, 2013 - Guest - 08-04-2013

Quote:Not being that familiar with the Mill City.  Are there a number of bridges that the Ladder comapnies on the west side of the rive can use to to get to the east side.  Any time I was in Minneapolis and was going to 19 from say L2 or L-3 I went through downtown.  I guess that may not be the best route.

good idea to put a truck east of the river.  My choice would hve been L-4 to 15 and L-11 to 1

Maxim- There are a number of bridges over the Mississippi River.  There is a bridge

at 42nd Avenue N (which equates to 37th Avenue NE- the city limits there),

at Lowry Avenue (32nd on the north side, 26th Ave N on the east side),

at Broadway (18th Ave N on north side, 12th Avenue NE on east side),

at Plymouth Avenue (13th Ave N on north side, 8th Ave NE on the east side),

Hennepin Avenue Bridge downtown connects to East Hennepin on the east side),

3rd Avenue Bridge downtown turns into Central Avenue (on the east side)

I-35W bridge connects via Washington Ave on west side, to University Ave SE on east side

10th Avenue Bridge (east side) connects to 19th Avenue S (south side)

Washington Ave Bridge unites University of MN West Bank campus to East Bank Campus over the Mississippi River

Franklin Avenue Bridge (2000 south) connects to Franklin Avenue in SE Minneapolis

Then there are two bridges from Minneapolis to St. Paul one connecting

Lake Street (3000 south) to Marshall Avenue in St. Paul and

46th Street (4600 south) in Minneapolis which connects to Ford Parkway in St. Paul.

If we ever get any of our manpower back in the MFD (we were at 587 authorized strength in the 60s and now we are at 395) they will probably put a truck company back in service on the east side (probably at new Station 11 when it is built in a few years near East Hennepin and 9th Avenue SE).

By the way: During the fire they moved Ladder 4 from Station 4 to Station 7 to fill in.