Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous (/showthread.php?tid=1954)

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - Guest - 03-28-2008

Mike,

Whenever you do Leesburg can you give me a shout? I would really like to get down and get the new Seagrave Engine/Wagon/Tiller.

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - mnsand - 03-28-2008

Last year Tappahannock purchased this light squad from the Ashland Volunteer Rescue Squad in Hanover County, Virginia.

Tappahannock, VA

Essex County

Rescue 1

1997 Ford F Super Duty/Boardman

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

I do not think I am going to be back to the Warsaw area for quite some time, so I attempted a late afternoon stop at the Warsaw, Virginia station. By the time I got to the station and was able to track someone down, the clouds came in.

The station in Warsaw is called the Richmond County Volunteer Fire Department.

First up is Engine 1, a 2005 Pierce Dash 1250/970/30 with job # 16856.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Engine 7 at Warsaw is a early model E\-One Hurricane (1985) 1000/1000 with serial number 3461 and three windshield wipers.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Two smaller tankers operate from Warsaw. First up is Tanker 4, a 1988 GMC 7000/Marion 250/1250 with s/n 37666-2.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Tanker 5 is a 1992 International 4900/E-One 250/1250 with serial # 9908.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

This utility truck for Warsaw is well designed and provides a variety of functions, including a small air cascade.

Utility 1

2001 Ford F350/Reading/Fouts Bros.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Last up from Warsaw is the Richmond County Volunteer Fire Department.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

After an all morning meeting the following day, I had the remainder of the day to travel to my next meeting site. Fortunately, I had some nice weather and a road that passed a number of different fire stations.

I have said it here before, I love finding those stations that have purchased second hand apparatus from other departments. The King William VFD in Aylett, Virginia is one of those stations which have some unusual apparatus.

Tanker 1 at King William is this 1979 Autocar Construcktor 2/1980 Grumman-Howe with a 400gpm pump and a 2000 gallon water tank. I found Howe serial number 15933 on the truck. You need a step ladder to get into the cab of this truck......notice the "XXL" near the front of the truck.

This tanker once ran from the Triple Community Fire Department, which I believe is in the Morgantown, North Carolina area. King William purchased the tanker in the 2005-2006 time frame.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Truck 1 at King William is this 1990 KME with a 50' ladder and a 1250/400. I was told that King William rarely uses this truck.

It previously was Henrico County, Virginia Engine 7. I was unable to find a KME serial number on it.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

This is a neat one....

Squad 1 at King William was not yet in service when I photographed it. The department was putting on some finishing touches to the Squad to prepare it for service. If you like commercial cabs and unusual squad bodies, this one is nice.

Squad 1 is a 1983 Ford C800/Saulsbury. It originally ran in Bellmore, New York and was then purchased by the Chickamoniny VFD in Hanover County, Virginia. Chickamoniny dressed up the squad a bit with a local rehab in 2003.

King William recently purchased the Ford from Chickamoniny.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Here is the officer's side. King William kept many of the same graphics on the squad as it was in Chickahominy.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

And the rear of Squad 1.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

And just one more (I just like this one)....the crew area.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Engine 1 at King William was purchased new by the department. It is a 1991 E\-One Protector 1250/1000 with s/n 9462. Just recently the fire department added the large compartment on the top of the cab. Originally I thought it was a light tower. Nope...foam bucketts and miscellaneous equipment is carried on top.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

My host at King William had a challenging time getting this one out of the station. It has been sitting outside for quite some time and is now currently for sale.

Engine 12 is a 1979 Chevrolet Cheyenne/Pierce with a 750gpm front mount pump and a 1000 gallon water tank. King William purchased this truck from Callao, VA.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

The department operates two Ford E ambulances.

Ambulance 10 is an older 1994 Ford E350/Rescue Master.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

I did not think I would have the opportunity to photograph Brush 1 from King William. It was not at the station, and as I was getting ready to leave, Brush 1 returned.

The department purchased the 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 from a local business. It had a flat bed already on it and the department completed the brush truck. 150/385/15.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

King William was a fun stop and one of those stations that will be interesting to watch as they obtain additional apparatus.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Down the road a bit from King William is Hanover County, Virginia Fire Station 3 - the Eastern Hanover VFD. I was able to photograph three trucks from this station.

First up is Tanker 3, a nice 2006 International 7600/E-One 1250/3000 with s/n 131343.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA