Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Terry's Tid Bits II - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Terry's Tid Bits II (/showthread.php?tid=2025)

Terry's Tid Bits II - Ladder 68 - 12-08-2008

The purpose of the "Wagon" replacement question was to verify it was replacing a '04 model rig. I could see the lettering on the back.

It simply struck me as odd that a '04 rig was being replaced with a '08 or '09.

Terry's Tid Bits II - firemag - 12-10-2008

Terry & others - Not sure this will help and could be wrong, but here is what I was told. When Chancellor opened FS10, Wagon 6 (1992 Protector) was moved there. I heard that when the new Pierces go in service that they will go to Wagon 6 and Engine 5. The current Engine 5 (1993 Protector) will also move to FS10 as Wagon 10. However, this may have changed since Chancellor now has a 2009 Velocity due in April. Another thing that throws me is that Pierce job numbers are usually assigned in order to the new units. You are reporting that Wagon 6 is job number 20919-01. That would make the unit for FS5 20919-02, which would not follow the usual sequence. We may have to wait, and I won't be far behind the delivery for photos!!

Jerry

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 12-22-2008

Gainesboro ,Va. runs this Pierce Lance which formerly served Middletown,Va.(no other info).

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 01-02-2009

Here's a shot of Fairfax County's new Mack Granite/Pierce Air-Light-Rehab unit at Singers earlier this week.

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - Guest - 01-02-2009

[quote name='dawson_fire' post='270531' date='Jan 2 2009, 01:45 ']Here's a shot of Fairfax County's new Mack Granite/Pierce Air-Light-Rehab unit at Singers earlier this week.

Terry[/quote]

What a nice truck Terry, thanks for posting. Have you heard about or seen a Quantum PUC for Chesapeake, VA up at Singers lately? I heard they are getting 10 new ones and a Decontamination unit.

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 01-02-2009

Sorry I have seen or heard anything on the Quantum PUC but it would most likely go through the Richmond shop not Gainesville. As far as the Chesapeake order there is nothing in the VFN about it but that maybe because it has not been signed for yet.

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - Fire28 - 01-02-2009

HOLY!!!!! Thats a huge Air/Light/Rehab truck! But I like it. Does anyone know where their going to be keeping it when it goes inservice?

Terry's Tid Bits II - firemag - 01-02-2009

The Chesapeake PUC was at the Singer shop in Chester a week or more ago. It is for Engine 9. I can also confirm that Chesapeake does have 10 Pierce Quantums on order.

Jerry - Virginia Fire News

Terry's Tid Bits II - drfeelgood - 01-02-2009

[quote name='Tim' post='270559' date='Jan 2 2009, 08:49 ']HOLY!!!!! Thats a huge Air/Light/Rehab truck! But I like it. Does anyone know where their going to be keeping it when it goes inservice?[/quote]

Tim it appears that it will be going to Dunn Loring (its what the lettering on the side says) which is co. 13

Terry's Tid Bits II - Guest - 01-02-2009

[quote name='firemag' post='270572' date='Jan 2 2009, 10:06 ']The Chesapeake PUC was at the Singer shop in Chester a week or more ago. It is for Engine 9. I can also confirm that Chesapeake does have 10 Pierce Quantums on order.

Jerry - Virginia Fire News[/quote]

Thanks for the info Jerry. Did anyone snap a picture of it while it was there?

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 01-05-2009

Here's the first custom Contender PUC that I have seen.

Terry

Baltimore County Engine 57 running this Spartan/E-1 with 54' squirt.

Terry

Church Hill,Md. bought this CF Mack Aerialscope from Queensbury Central,NY and plans to refurb the truck before placing it in service.

Terry

Hereford,Md.(EMS) runs this International/? squad. I thought that it was a Smeal but the gentleman said it was something else,corrections or info welcome...

Terry

The Susquehanna Fire Co. of Havre DeGrace,Md. runs this Spartan/Saulsbury pumper.

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - hp1530 - 01-05-2009

[quote name='dawson_fire' post='271305' date='Jan 4 2009, 20:08 ']Here's the first custom Contender PUC that I have seen.

Terry[/quote]

Now the Contender PUC has arrived.

For the Air/Light truck, that thing is HUGE. I have a hard time believing its a rehab. More like the whole body got reworked.

Terry's Tid Bits II - PFDEng1 - 01-05-2009

[quote name='dawson_fire' post='271320' date='Jan 4 2009, 23:31 ']Hereford,Md.(EMS) runs this International/? squad. I thought that it was a Smeal but the gentleman said it was something else,corrections or info welcome...

Terry[/quote]

Terry,

Squad 533 is a 1993 International N4700/Caylecraft

Jeff

Terry's Tid Bits II - Roto-Ray - 01-05-2009

[quote name='JFong' post='271341' date='Jan 5 2009, 02:59 ']For the Air/Light truck, that thing is HUGE. I have a hard time believing its a rehab. More like the whole body got reworked.[/quote]

No, it's a rehabilitation unit for the firefighters, not a rehab of an old vehicle.

There's a threaded fitting on the rear for the large misting units on either side of the body. It allows an engine to pump to it, and instant cooling around the vehicle. A lot of thought went into this rig, I had a chance to see it during construction.

Terry's Tid Bits II - YeOldeEnjine - 01-05-2009

[quote name='Roto-Ray' post='271364' date='Jan 5 2009, 07:56 ']No, it's a rehabilitation unit for the firefighters, not a rehab of an old vehicle.

There's a threaded fitting on the rear for the large misting units on either side of the body. It allows an engine to pump to it, and instant cooling around the vehicle. A lot of thought went into this rig, I had a chance to see it during construction.[/quote]

......... I was so glad when this was finally ordered, I got almost of gig of hard-drive space back from all the drawings & information I had stored......

Terry's Tid Bits II - davemcclung - 01-05-2009

[quote name='YeOldeEnjine' post='271410' date='Jan 5 2009, 10:50 ']......... I was so glad when this was finally ordered, I got almost of gig of hard-drive space back from all the drawings & information I had stored......[/quote]

Tim, you guys did a great job on that rig. Have the job number?