Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Kansas City area fire apparatus - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Kansas City area fire apparatus (/showthread.php?tid=1845)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Kansas City area fire apparatus - Juice - 06-09-2013

Quote:Paola, Kansas Fire Department 
Engine 3
12/2009
#HS4754
Sutphen Sheild
1250/750 
Note: Purchased as Demo

[Image: IMG_1216-L.jpg]

What does the 12/2009 mean, December 2009 build date?

Another note, Belton, MO is currently specing two pumpers. Preliminary reports appear the department will be returning to RED from the current lemon-yellow color scheme. If this change occurs this would leave Central Jackson County, Lee's Summit, and Kearney as the only three metro departments still purchasing yellow. At one time in the Kansas City metro over twelve departments used lime-green or yellow. 

I, for one, am sad to see the Lime-Yellow going away, I cannot imagine 12+ departments, man, talk about a sight!

Trav!

Kansas City area fire apparatus - MFD76 - 06-09-2013

Quote:What does the 12/2009 mean, December 2009 build date?

Another note, Belton, MO is currently specing two pumpers. Preliminary reports appear the department will be returning to RED from the current lemon-yellow color scheme. If this change occurs this would leave Central Jackson County, Lee's Summit, and Kearney as the only three metro departments still purchasing yellow. At one time in the Kansas City metro over twelve departments used lime-green or yellow. 

I, for one, am sad to see the Lime-Yellow going away, I cannot imagine 12+ departments, man, talk about a sight!

Trav!
Hey Trav, yes December 2012 build date. A few years ago I started keeping track of the month built if available on the sticker along with year built. I agree I have always been a red fan. Most of the metro departments switched long ago because big brother Kansas City, Missouri KCFD switched. When KCFD went to white over red in 1990 most of the metro departments began to transition back to red, although a couple started in the 1980's. It was odd for many years most of the Missouri side of the metro was lime or yellow and the Kansas side of the metro was red or white over red. Kansas City , Kansas Fire Department KCKFD always maintained red except for the haz-mat units they were red with yellow strips until they ordered the new Ford C8000/ E\-One rescue-hazmat solid yellow in 1989. Since that time all haz-mat's have been yellow in KCK.  

Kansas City area fire apparatus - Guest - 07-14-2013

Looking for Info on Johnson County Fire District #1 Engine 124. This was Engine 122 before Fire District #1 Consolidated with Gardner.

Thanks, Tyler

Kansas City area fire apparatus - MFD76 - 07-14-2013

Quote:[Image: attachicon.gif]6897719168_58965d6138.jpg Looking for Info on Johnson County Fire District #1 Engine 124. This was Engine 122 before Fire District #1 Consolidated with Gardner.

Thanks, Tyler

It is a 2001 Spartan Advantage II/ E\-One 1250/1000. It was based off a program E\-One Tradition pumper that was offered at the time on a Spartan Advantage II chassis.  I don't have a job number in my data base. It was purchased by FIre District 1 specifically for the Edgerton Fire House which was Fire House 2 and has always served there. Some of the specific features were the front suction for drafting. This was so the fold-da-tank could be placed in front of the engine on the county roads and the tenders could pass after dumping. Also a short wheel base with side mounty pump were speced due to the bay depth at the fire house. They also wanted a short wheel base because at the time they often only had one person staffing on the Engine. A few of the features were out side of the basic program truck offered. It has been a very popular machine at Fire District 1 with few problems. After the consolidation with Gardner the Fire District 1 fire houses were renumbered and Edgerton became Fire House 4. 

Stay Safe,

Rick 

Kansas City area fire apparatus - Guest - 07-14-2013

Quote: 

It is a 2001 Spartan Advantage II/ E-One 1250/1000. It was based off a program E-One Tradition pumper that was offered at the time on a Spartan Advantage II chassis.  I don't have a job number in my data base. It was purchased by FIre District 1 specifically for the Edgerton Fire House which was Fire House 2 and has always served there. Some of the specific features were the front suction for drafting. This was so the fold-da-tank could be placed in front of the engine on the county roads and the tenders could pass after dumping. Also a short wheel base with side mounty pump were speced due to the bay depth at the fire house. They also wanted a short wheel base because at the time they often only had one person staffing on the Engine. A few of the features were out side of the basic program truck offered. It has been a very popular machine at Fire District 1 with few problems. After the consolidation with Gardner the Fire District 1 fire houses were renumbered and Edgerton became Fire House 4. 

Stay Safe,

Rick 
Thank you Rick, that is what I need.

Kansas City area fire apparatus - MFD76 - 07-15-2013

Independence, Missouri the life long home of President Harry S. Truman. The Independence 76er's Fire Historical Society held their annual fire fest at the Independence Events Center this weekend. IFD was at one time sole Seagrave with the exception of the two Snorkel's. They have done an impressive job of preserving the IFD Seagrave fleet from each era. Here are a few shots.

The pride of the fleet of the 76er's fleet.  

Independence 76er's Fire Historical Society

Ex: Independence, MO Fire Department

Ex: Engine 1

American LaFrance

750/100

[Image: IMG_9184-L.jpg]

Ex: Engine 1 

#unknown

Seagrave 70th Anniversary

1000/300

Re-power Detroit/ Manual

Note: The IFD fireman nicknamed this machine "The Mighty Seagrave

Note: Deck Pipe has dual 2.5 Siamese inlet at the tail board.

Inservice: 1960-1990 

[Image: IMG_9179-L.jpg]

03-05-1964

#P3330

Seagrave KB

1000/500

Re-power Detroit/ Manual

Inservice 1964-1997

Note: This is built from the Kansas City, Missouri K Model Spec. The electronic siren is not original equipment. The door badge was added in the early 1970's and the orginal lettering was on the jump seat wall below the trim stated Independence F.D.  

[Image: IMG_9205-L.jpg]

Pumper 4

07-24-1970

#R4674

Seagrave PB

1250/500

Pierce Refurbishment

12-1983

#F-0966

1250/500

Electrical, Rebuild body, Pump, Re-Paint performed.

IFD Refurbishment

Rebuild body, Repaint, Warning Lights

Hit by Train rolled over on side.

Note: This machine was put through the ringer of sorts. It was the first delivery of Chrome Yellow Seagrave's to IFD. This was also the first order that did not have a Federal Q Sirens. This was done mid year as the twin Snorkel's were delivered solid red. IFD thankfully did not use yellow long and by 1979-1980 began to purchase solid red again. Due to rust this machine received a Pierce Refurbishment in 1983 and returned Solid RED with added Federal Q Siren. It was hit by a train and roll onto its side in 1999 and was refurbished by the IFD shops with the current white over red paint the shop removed the Federal Q Siren and replaced it with a blue strobe. It served in active reserve into the late 2000's. 

Note: Kansas City, Missouri followed IFD's lead by adding flush mounted MARS TB-8 lights with Federal Q Sirens flush mounted below and electronic CP speakers on the bumpers with the four 1975 Seagraves. 

[Image: IMG_9113-L.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9130-L.jpg]

Kansas City area fire apparatus - southwheatland514 - 07-15-2013

Quote:Consolidated Fire District Two

(Prairie Village/ Mission, Kansas)

Engine 23

03/2013

Pierce Dash CF

1500/500

DD13/4000EVS

Note: Second Pierce Dash CF delivered in Kansas.

[Image: IMG_8546-L.jpg]

From a photo I saw on Facebook today, this appears to be very similar in appearance to how Wichita's new Dash CF pumpers will be in appearance and design.

Kansas City area fire apparatus - Athomas5784 - 07-16-2013

Yes there are some similiarities. There are a few differences. Wichita's will have a front bumper supply intake. Their crosslays are also open and neted, not behind a roll up door. It appears both have coffin boxes. Wichita also has different mirrors and has recessed the q siren. They do not have the chrome around the front and I am unsure how high CFD2's hose beds are. WFD has them as low as Pierce could go. Also unsure how CFD2 has their ladder rack on the officers side. Im sure that Rick Mosher will know much much more on the differences.

Kansas City area fire apparatus - southwheatland514 - 07-17-2013

If I could figure out how to put the photo I saw up here, it would help.  But there are definitely some differences like you pointed out.  We are going out to Pierce for a pre-construction conference on our new engine sometime in the next few months, and hopefully I will get to see a few on the build line.

Kansas City area fire apparatus - Guest - 07-22-2013

here is 1 of Johnson County Fire District #2 New 2013 Pierce Impel PUC Engine 81. I need some help with the GPM/Tank

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:310688]
here is 1 of Johnson County Fire District #2 New 2013 Pierce Impel PUC Engine 81. I need some help with the GPM/Tank

Kansas City area fire apparatus - MFD76 - 07-22-2013

Quote: 

<div> 

</div>

I was told by South County's mechanic that they were 1500/750/CAFS.

Stay Safe,

Rick 

Rick, do you know why South Johnson County #2 replaced their four year old apparatus?

Quote:Rick, do you know why South Johnson County #2 replaced their four year old apparatus?

Hi John,

Yes they had on going motor issues with the Cummins engines. At separate times they sent two of the four back to Pierce/ Cummins for evaluation. I was told Pierce was extremely helpful in the process and that all four motor issues have been fixed. However in good faith Pierce approached the fire board with a buy back agreement. The agreement had four new Pierce Impels and return of the old Impels. They are keeping the Impel Quint as it did not have any issues and is seldom used. The previous administration purchased these four and a quint. The firefighters did not like the high hose beds, top mounted pumps, lack of Federal Q Sirens and all of the extravagant bells and whistles. Also they damaged the ladder racks numerous times due to low hanging objects. This new purchase enabled them to regain Federal Q Sirens, low hose beds, internal ladders, and simplified more durable features. Also to separate from the previous administration decisions they decide to return to Solid RED.

After the accident in 1996 when Engine 81 (821) one of the twin white over red FL70/ Central States was rolled over the fire district emergency purchased a Black over Red 1997 Pierce Saber 1250/1000 that is now at Lynn Co. Fire District 3. It began the transition to black over red for the fire district.  

Stay Safe,

Rick 

Ex: Kansas City, Missouri Fire Department KCFD

1st Ex: Truck 7 @ Fire House 19

2nd Ex: Truck 4 @ Fire House 7

KCFD Disposed of 1979

Ex: West Peculiar, Missouri Fire Dist.

Current fourth private owner. Previous owner was a FAO at KCFD Truck 2. This is why it has a KCFD 2 number plate on the jump seat. It never served as Truck 2. 

#F-505

Seagrave TDA

85ft Ladder

org V-12 re-powered DD/ Manual

Note: This was a unique purchase for a few reasons.

-KCFD had mostly been purchasing ALF and had begun the change to ALF 700 series.

-First TDA purchased since 1941.

-First conventional custom with jump seats. A few 700's had been purchased by this point.

-Also this was the first TDA purchased with a wash tub tiller seat. The 1941 ALF and the 700's were all fixed tiller seats.

-First steel 85ft Ladder all prior ladders had been steel 100ft Ladders.

-Original warning lights, red Cincinnati nose light and red model 30 Sterling Siren Light. KCFD used a the model 30 Sterling Siren Light almost exclusively until the mid 1960's.

Note: Truck was damaged during a winter fire in the 1970's. Ice buildup on the ladder caused the trailer frame under the turntable/fifth wheel to bend. The KCFD shop repaired the frame with additional welded steel plate and returned her to service.

Note: Windshield A post red flashers were added in 1994 in the final restoration. These flashers were from Olathe, Kansas Ladder 1 a 1950 Seagrave Quad.

[Image: IMG_9215-L.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9214-L.jpg]

Thanks Rick.  We were down in 2010 and photographed them.  They were different, with the pump panel being where it was. 

Quote: 

I was told by South County's mechanic that they were 1500/750/CAFS.

Stay Safe,

Rick 
Thank You, Rick

Kansas City area fire apparatus - MFD76 - 08-25-2013

Lenexa, Kansas Fire Department
Ladder 91
07-2012
Pierce Velocity PUC TDA
1500/300
100ft Ladder

Note: First TDA in Kansas in over Thirty years. Also first Velocity PUC TDA and second PUC TDA built. Pump and Tank are confined to the tractor. 

Note: This machine was delivered a year ago and extensive drivers training has been accomplished. It will enter frontline service in the next week. This machine will operate as the primary fire unit from Lenexa Fire House One. It will be staffed with one officer (Captain) and three firemen. In addition there is separate staffed two person pickup style Squad with one officer (Lieutenant) and one fireman for EMS and Service related alarms. Future long term plans call for adding and Engine Company in place of the Squad, so a more traditional Truck and Engine concept can be run. 

[Image: IMG_9280-L.jpg]

<div> 

<div> 
</div>
</div>

Kansas City area fire apparatus - MFD76 - 10-08-2013

Northwest Missouri State Region H Haz-Mat Response Team

St. Joseph, Missouri

Haz-Mat 1

10/2003

#3081-128001

Ford F550/ E\-One-Superior

Walk-In Rescue Body

Note: Tagged as an E\-One on exterior. Build plate build by Superior the E\-One Canadian subsidiary.

[Image: IMG_9540-L.jpg]

Kansas City area fire apparatus - MFD76 - 10-08-2013

Northwest Missouri Region H Haz-Mat Response

St. Joseph, Missouri

Haz-Mat 2

02/1996

#9776/95

Freighliner FL70/ Mickey

Model: AO/A 

[Image: IMG_9549-L.jpg]