Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Terry's Tid Bits II - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Terry's Tid Bits II (/showthread.php?tid=2025)

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 06-22-2009

Huntingtown,Md. recently took delivery of this 2009 Peterbuilt/Pierce tanker 1000gpm 3000gal.

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - davemcclung - 06-22-2009

[quote name='dawson_fire' post='310399' date='Jun 1 2009, 23:05 ']Here's a close up of the pump area which is a 1500 gpm unit. The compartment opposite the the pump panel is roughly 24"wx24"dx60"h give or take a little.Job# 21598.

Terry[/quote]

Terry, Thanks for the upclose shots of the 105' PUC Quint and the pumpe panel compartment, very interesting looking.

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 06-22-2009

No problem! I'm a little disappointed that it didn't make the truck smaller but it did add a full height,full depth compartment on the officers side so I guess I'll let that one go...

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - davemcclung - 06-22-2009

[quote name='dawson_fire' post='316276' date='Jun 22 2009, 21:15 ']No problem! I'm a little disappointed that it didn't make the truck smaller but it did add a full height,full depth compartment on the officers side so I guess I'll let that one go...

Terry[/quote]

I understand your comment Terry. One a single axle quint with a 75' stick I see the value of the PUC. With a 105' quint the PUC option isn't as big a deal, however, if you want to maximize your compartment space in the same footprint with a quint it makes some sense.

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 06-24-2009

I shot this today at Singer's, a 2009 Pierce Arrow XT mid mount with 2000gpm pump for Forest Glen which was under Fort Detrick's flag so to speak since it was marked for the fort as well.The unit number suggest that it is from Montgomery County me thinks and the job # is 21432.

Terry

This Seagrave rescue pumper is from Exeter Twp.,Pa. It showed alot of things that Seagrave would not do in the past (in my opinion) and their big brother to the south would(Pierce) and hopefully this is a signal that they are going to be around for a while.

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - Ladder 68 - 06-24-2009

Is Fort Detrick in Montgomery or Frederick County? Or does it straddle both? I ask because I thought Frederick but like you mentioned the numbering system and Forest Glen "say" Montgomery County.

And is the Exeter Township mentioned with the new Seagrave the one in Berks or Luzerne County?

Thanks in advance.

Terry's Tid Bits II - dcfdtech - 06-24-2009

Walter Reed is now under Ft Dietrick!! Walter Reed's Montgomery # is 754, And Yes Ft Dietrick is in Frederick.

Terry's Tid Bits II - Guest - 06-24-2009

[quote name='Ladder 68' post='316541' date='Jun 24 2009, 10:33 ']Is Fort Detrick in Montgomery or Frederick County? Or does it straddle both? I ask because I thought Frederick but like you mentioned the numbering system and Forest Glen "say" Montgomery County.

And is the Exeter Township mentioned with the new Seagrave the one in Berks or Luzerne County?

Thanks in advance.[/quote]berks

Terry's Tid Bits II - Guest - 06-24-2009

Nice Seagrave....can you go into some detail as to some of the changes Seagrave made that they didn't do before?

First of all these are my opinions and not gospel or something like that. In the last couple of years they have started building rescues,rescue pumpers and other trucks that other manufactors have been doing for years.This truck has an enclosed pump panel,light tower,awning with built in safety that will close it when the wind goes over a safe speed,diamond plate hosebed cover, rhino covering over the pump panel and doghouse in the cab and cascade and fill station and many smaller things that show that they are changing to meet the customers needs which in the past they did not seem like they wanted to do. I don't think Seagrave would have built this truck even 5 years ago so I think it is a step or two in the right direction. Comment are welcome...

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - ff002 - 06-25-2009

[quote name='dawson_fire' post='316681' date='Jun 24 2009, 23:31 ']First of all these are my opinions and not gospel or something like that. In the last couple of years they have started building rescues,rescue pumpers and other trucks that other manufactors have been doing for years.This truck has an enclosed pump panel,light tower,awning with built in safety that will close it when the wind goes over a safe speed,diamond plate hosebed cover, rhino covering over the pump panel and doghouse in the cab and cascade and fill station and many smaller things that show that they are changing to meet the customers needs which in the past they did not seem like they wanted to do. I don't think Seagrave would have built this truck even 5 years ago so I think it is a step or two in the right direction. Comment are welcome...

Terry[/quote]

Terry...I am not positive, but I believe that Seagrave was made at their Canada plant..That plant has been asked to do some of their specialty work..(Philly's foam truck and their airport mini, for example) A bunch of the rescues that Seagrave has delivered into the states were built up in Canada too......

Terry's Tid Bits II - Guest - 06-25-2009

Wow very interesting. I remember it was like pulling teeth when we wanted our tiller to have hinged tiller doors rather than sliding doors back in 2004.

Terry's Tid Bits II - Guest - 06-25-2009

[quote name='ffdrive' post='316705' date='Jun 25 2009, 07:54 ']Terry...I am not positive, but I believe that Seagrave was made at their Canada plant..That plant has been asked to do some of their specialty work..(Philly's foam truck and their airport mini, for example) A bunch of the rescues that Seagrave has delivered into the states were built up in Canada too......[/quote]

The Exeter Twp. PA Seagrave was built in Clintonville. Seagrave was very helpful in putting this rig together. Seagraves neighbor as mentioned before did not even want to touch it and did not bid it. This is my departments rig and I served on the committee if there are any specific questions I could try and help.

Terry's Tid Bits II - jshippey - 06-25-2009

Fort Detrick is located in Frederick City, but they are affiliated with the Forest Glen Station in Montgomery County. I'm not really sure how it all works out. Detrick was once responsible for Site R in PA.

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 06-26-2009

[quote name='Bucketman2' post='316731' date='Jun 25 2009, 11:07 ']The Exeter Twp. PA Seagrave was built in Clintonville. Seagrave was very helpful in putting this rig together. Seagraves neighbor as mentioned before did not even want to touch it and did not bid it. This is my departments rig and I served on the committee if there are any specific questions I could try and help.[/quote]

Just curious was the spec for aluminum or stainless steel for the cab and body?Though I think Pierce will use stainless for the body the cabs are all aluminum and that could have played a part in the "No bid" for your truck.

There was nothing on your truck that Pierce has not done before so material may have been the reason.

Nice truck any way you look at it!!!

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 06-28-2009

Marion,Pa. runs this Spartan/Grumman.

Terry

Aberdeen Proving Ground runs this Pierce Arrow glider kit aerial.

Terry

Duncannon,Pa. runs this Mack Aerialscope.

Terry

I know that I posted this before but here is Montoursville's Seagrave meanstick after being lettered.

Terry