Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Empire State Oldies - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Empire State Oldies (/showthread.php?tid=2091)

Empire State Oldies - matchot - 02-03-2009

Well went digging through some more archive pics of mine and found a few more for this thread. First up is this 1954 Ward LaFrance engine which formerly served the Medina, NY FD.

Next up is this 197? Ford C/Young Pumper Tanker which formerly served the Mount Morris, NY FD.

Next is this Mack engine which formerly served the Attica,NY FD. This vehicle is still owned by the Department and attends many of the summertime parades in WNY.

Next up is the Mack serial number plate mounted inside the Mack engine in the previous post.

Next up is this 19?? Chevrolet/???? engine which formerly served the Barker, NY FD.

Next up is this 19?? Sanford Tanker which formerly served the Warsaw, NY FD.

Next up is this Mack Aerialscope which was still serving the Warsaw, NY FD at the time of this picture in 2004. This rig is believed to be ex FDNY, although I'm not positive, and it may still be in service to this day. The last time I saw it was in 2007 and it was still in frontline service then.

Next up is this Ford/???? Pumper Tanker which formerly served the Warsaw, NY FD. I'm not sure if this rig is still in service or not at Warsaw, but it was at the time of this pic in 2004.

Next up is this neato 1927 Foamite/Childs engine which formerly served the Lima, NY FD and is still owned by them and used at many of the summertime parades around WNY.

Next up is this 1929 Buffalo engine which formerly served the Honeoye Falls, NY FD. It is still owned by the dept, and shows up at many summertime parades around WNY.

Next up is this privately owned 1923 REO/Buffalo engine. The vehicle was originally delivered to the Camillus, NY FD and served there from 1923 to the early 1930's when it was traded in. It was then bought by the Clifton, NY FD and was in service there until 1954. After 1954 it is unknown where it served if at all. It is currently privately owned, and appears at many of the local summertime parades and musters in WNY.

Next is this 1947 Diamond T/ Buffalo Federal engine which formerly served the Rush, NY FD and is currently still owned by them.

Next up is this this 1947 International/Young engine which formerly served the Henrietta, NY FD. This rig is owned by the dept also, and attends many of the local summertime parades and musters in WNY.

Next is this 1946 Ford/Young engine which formerly served the Fishers,NY FD. This is another one owned by the dept, and also appears at many of the summertime events in WNY.

Next is this 1941 GMC/Rochester Fire Equipment engine which formerly served the West Brighton, NY FD. This vehicle is also still owned by the dept, and also appears at many events during the summertime in WNY.

Next is this Mack engine which served the Union Hose Company of Dansville, NY FD. At the time of this pic in 2004 it was still in service, but unknown if it is today.

Next is this 1951 Mack Quad owned by the Geneseo, NY FD, and is still used on occasion if needed for reserve duty, when the primary ladder truck is out for repairs. This vehicle also attends many of the summertime functions all around WNY.

And last up for tonight in this thread is this Ford C/ Sanford Engine, which also if you look very closely has a heavy duty foam discharge on top of the rig. This rig formerly served the Scottsville, NY FD and was primarily used as a response engine to the GRIA Airport for the specific use of foam, thus the foam discharge on top of the engine. Hope you all have enjoyed the pics, more to come in the next few days as I find them in my picture archives.

Empire State Oldies - paganores10cue - 02-03-2009

The Mack from Dansville is still in service.

[quote name='paganores10cue' post='278774' date='Feb 3 2009, 12:08 ']The Mack from Dansville is still in service.[/quote]

Thanks Andy, I wasn't sure if it was or not, as I haven't been down that way since 2007 in the fall.