Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Chicago Fire Department - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Chicago Fire Department (/showthread.php?tid=2101)

Chicago Fire Department - firepost - 09-17-2009

[quote name='Joey Bliley' post='335328' date='Sep 8 2009, 23:11 ']What station is 5-2-5 stationed at?[/quote]

"525" The Technical Rescue Squad Apparatus is located at the CFD's Special Operations storage facility at 3850 S Honore which is really located behind a huge city owned office and warehouse complex on the 1800 block of west Pershing road (39th street) on the south side of the street. The fire department Special Operations office there and the Chicago Police also has some office and bureaus located in the large complex. The storage facility is actually a four bay garage located behind the office/warehouse complex and several other pieces of equipment are also stored there. I really don't know what procedure is followed if there is a need for "525" or any of the other equipment at the facility. For example I am not sure if there are drivers that are stationed at the Special Operations Office or if they have to dispatch a fire company from a separate location to the facility to bring the Apparatus to the scene of the incident with a driver detailed from the fire company.We also have several "unmanned" special operations apparatus that are located at regular fire stations where the company that they are located with will bring the apparatus to the scene with a driver from the co/located fire company.

An example of some of our apparatus that get dispatched in that manner are our two new firefighter "Rehab Units" our "Light Wagons",Deluge Units, Collapse Units, Bulk Foam and Dry Chemical Units, Reserve Snorkel and several other miscellaneous special operations units.

Chicago Fire Department - Guest - 09-18-2009

[quote name='Steve Loftin' post='335496' date='Sep 10 2009, 00:21 ']What about Smeal?[/quote]

When they were building aerials in conjunction with Pierce, there was one I believe but none in recent memory. I'll have to research this, I maybe wrong.

Chicago Fire Department - Jamie - 09-19-2009

[quote name='firepost' post='337357' date='Sep 17 2009, 19:30 ']We also have several "unmanned" special operations apparatus that are located at regular fire stations where the company that they are located with will bring the apparatus to the scene with a driver from the co/located fire company.

An example of some of our apparatus that get dispatched in that manner are our two new firefighter "Rehab Units" our "Light Wagons",Deluge Units, Collapse Units, Bulk Foam and Dry Chemical Units, Reserve Snorkel and several other miscellaneous special operations units.[/quote]

Did you happen to have a list on where all this special apparatus is stationed at?

Chicago Fire Department - Guest - 09-21-2009

here's a coupla chopper shots from the air show this summer.....

dropping the diver

dropping the diver

recovering

I posted this before, but in case you may have missed it...the new rescue boat

one last shot of the chopper

Chicago Fire Department - jgohio - 09-22-2009

[quote name='Frank B' date='17 August 2009 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1250538312' post='330172']

Chicago IL 1965 WS Darley IH B-160 high PSI pumper

Darley photo

Has this been posted before?

[/quote]

Frank,

Don't think these have been posted before. Nice shots. I like the CFD stuff from that era. Glad you could find these.

Joe

Chicago Fire Department - firechief14 - 09-24-2009

hey guys just to jump in on the cfd truck ordeal. I sell smeal along the I-80 corridor. Smeal has bid 3 or 4 times $1,000 per time to submit your bid and ours has been thrown out everytime. why i dont know we were by no means the highest bid ill give you one guess who the highest bid was but we were not the low bid either. I do not know who the low bid was i dont think it was e one. hey btw npfd i have some old shots of one of your rosenbauers that i will post later i think it was at a show maybe winn chief show in sb

Chicago Fire Department - Guest - 10-15-2009

here are some scans from slides I took back in 1988...they sure have modernized since then

6511 Oshkosh

Old engine 12 with an Oshkosh/Snorkel retrofitted

Old squad 7A minipumper

655 new at the time

this rig has certainly seen better days by this point

thought you might like these older shots

Steve

Chicago Fire Department - MFD76 - 10-22-2009

[quote name='Srresquire' date='15 October 2009 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1255643128' post='343013']

this rig has certainly seen better days by this point

[/quote]

Looks to have the rear swing steering axle Seagrave offered on the Rear Admerial Ladders.

Stay Safe,

Rick

Chicago Fire Department - Ladder 68 - 10-22-2009

Anyone know the story with the CFD aerial contract? Heard the contract with E\-One was cancelled and is being re-bid. Anyone know the story?

Thanks in advance.

Chicago Fire Department - Guest - 10-23-2009

[quote name='Ladder 68' date='22 October 2009 - 11:15 PM' timestamp='1256266539' post='344182']

Anyone know the story with the CFD aerial contract? Heard the contract with E\-One was cancelled and is being re-bid. Anyone know the story?

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

I read some where that E\-One couldn't meet the height requirements, the trucks were too tall.