Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
State Forest Fire agencies - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: State Forest Fire agencies (/showthread.php?tid=1741)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

State Forest Fire agencies - Juice - 08-04-2014

Double post

State Forest Fire agencies - Aaronw - 08-04-2014

Washington Department of Natural Resources A1S type 6 engine. Shop built by the DNR.

100 gpm 4 stage aux pump (Wajax BB-4), 240 gallon tank.

Washington Department of Natural Resources H4S type 6 engine built on a Ford F-550 chassis.

100 gpm 4 stage aux pump (Wajax BB-4), 420 gallon tank.

The DNR is apparently moving towards a single design of a mid size type 6 engine with a 420 gallon tank that falls between the small (1 ton) type 6 engines with 240 gallons and larger type 5 engines with 600 gallons.

Washington DNR H4S built on a Chevrolet 5500.

100 gpm 4 stage aux pump, 420 gallon tank.

The H4S built on a Chevrolet chassis.

State Forest Fire agencies - ScaleCentral - 08-04-2014

West Virginia

[Image: wvfs1.jpg]

[Image: wvfs2.jpg]

They mainly have pickups of all kinds in either all white or this older metallic dark green.  I have a few Tennessee pics which I will try to find in the coming weeks.  If I run across any more WV trucks this fall, I will make sure to take pics.  They normally don't come out and plan until it gets cold.

State Forest Fire agencies - willman940 - 08-05-2014

I have some wisconsin, Minnesota, and can get some Alaska.

State Forest Fire agencies - Daniel C. Rode - 08-07-2014

Being from Wisconsin, bring on the Wisconsin rigs!

State Forest Fire agencies - Aaronw - 08-13-2014

North Dakota Forest Service type 6 engine

State Forest Fire agencies - Trulucky - 09-06-2014

Here is some more South Carolina Forestry Commission stuff that was on display recently at a regional forestry meeting in Florence. Sorry I could not get them posed better. First up is a new fire track. I did not get any details other than an 800 gallon tank. They now have 3 of these that replace Vietnam era weapons carriers.    

Next is a new to them Type VI engine. Former USFS. There are 3 of them. One assigned to each region. They will be used for major incidents and out of state deployments.

Next up is a more typical Type VI engine used every day by the supervisors and regional foresters.

Here is another Type VI

Now for the heavy stuff. First is a new International with a D6 CAT. This is a heavy suppression unit assigned to Horry County. There are less than a dozen of the heavy units scattered along the coast where bay fire are prevelant.

Next is 1/2 of a more typical medium suppression unit. I think there are 140 tractor/plow units across the state including the heavies. This is a new D4 CAT with an environmental cab. They have just started with CAT's. Most of the 2000 era units are JD 450's and 550's with some older Dresta's and some JD's dating back to the mid 90's.

This is the new International transport for the previous tractor. I think this is assigned to Clarendon County.

This is a former USFS unit used by the SCFC. I don't know the USFS model numbers. Supposedly, they are acquiring three newer USFS trucks and. This one will be replaced.

State Forest Fire agencies - Aaronw - 09-07-2014

Thanks for adding more from SC. That tracked unit looks like it is based on a Sno-Cat, you guys get a lot of snow in SC?

Quote:Next is a new to them Type VI engine. Former USFS. There are 3 of them. One assigned to each region. They will be used for major incidents and out of state deployments.
This was likely an off the shelf unit from either R8 (Southern region) or R9 (Eastern Region). Unlike the western regions R8 & R9 didn't have standardized regional designs and often a forest would just find a good deal on a rig that would suit their needs. With the new national standard engines, I imagine this will be changing.

Quote:This is a former USFS unit used by the SCFC. I don't know the USFS model numbers. Supposedly, they are acquiring three newer USFS trucks and. This one will be replaced.
Believe this would be a Model 70, a Region 3 (South-West) engine, 250 gpm PTO pump, 600 gallon tank.

State Forest Fire agencies - Trulucky - 09-08-2014

It is a similar design to a snow cat. Very little snow here but they are used for the low ground pressure needed in the swampy Carolina Bays of the immediate coastal plain. Very dangerous places with peat soils and highly flammable vegetation like wax myrtle and bayberry.

State Forest Fire agencies - Engine504Driver - 03-12-2015

Virginia Division of Forestry, Tractor 1 at the Warrenton Field Office

State Forest Fire agencies - ScaleCentral - 04-27-2015

Tennessee Department of Forestry as promised a long time ago.  They have since gone to all white.