Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Empire State Oldies - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Empire State Oldies (/showthread.php?tid=2091)

Empire State Oldies - Guest - 02-22-2009

[quote name='The Commish' post='266225' date='Dec 14 2008, 15:28 ']Westmere,Ny

1954 Int'l/Zabeck

650/500

Ron Bogardus collection[/quote]

Hi,

I'm guessing this is "Zabek" not "Zabeck", see topic where we are discussing this builder.

Topic title - Masschusetts Apparatus Builders

Zabek Motors Fire Apparatus Div, Palmer, MA.

Nollie

Empire State Oldies - FDNY 10-75 - 02-23-2009

The Watervliet Maxim was just taken out of service last week...

Empire State Oldies - Guest - 02-23-2009

Before I go on to trucks from other counties, I thought I'd post some more from my department. Parts of this little 39 Ford Pick up, believe it or not was once Central Square's first tanker. The cab and hood parts were salvaged from what was left of the tanker from its 30 year rest in a lot behind the owners home. It sits on a Jeep wagoneer chassis, has a small block chevy for power and retains the Jeeps 4wd. It is a neat little truck.

Note the four pictures of the truck on the owners board resting on bumper.

McLaughlin Photo

tim/csff25

reposting a picture of the Ford when in service at C. Square. Same picture as mention.

Fuller Photo

Tim/csff25

As one truck goes out of service, another goes in. When we took our 73 Chevy T70/Sanford out of service, we put our 01 Chevy C8500/4 guys tanker in service as unit 551.

McLaughlin Photo

Tim/csff25

In 1984, we converted our 1976 Chevy Crew Cab to a light rescue, using a Reading box. Renumbered 562 it stayed in service for five more years.

McLaughlin Photo

Tim/csff25

In 1989, we purchased a new 1989 Chevrolet V3500 Crew Cab to replace the 1976 pictured before. It stayed in service untill 2004. The Town of Hastings now owns the truck

Here is a picture of our 69 Duplex/Sanford, refured by Saulsbury at draft at a boat lauch duriing a burn down. Behind it is a Ex-Syracuse, Ex-Brewerton WLF telisquirt that is now in service at Cleveland NY and Brewertons old Ford squad truck.

McLaughlin Photo

Tim/csff25

Whoops. got the pictures mixed up. Same truck different view.

Mclaughlin/Photo

Tim/csff25

Here is a picture of our old grass truck, sorry for the quality, If i remember I took it very early in the moring on dreary day in preperation on a burn down.

McLaughlin Photo

Tim/csff25

Empire State Oldies - Guest - 02-24-2009

What that a milatary ambulance cut down to be a field truck?

Yep, that's is what we did, while we were looking for a 3/4 ton or a old power wagon to use, we came accross this M43 for free from our local ambulance corps. It hadn't been started in years. We put a couple of batteries and gave her a shot of gas she fired up! We made a pickup out of her, our skid load tank/pump sat cross ways in the box, ahead of the rear axle. All in all she made a good brush truck for 20 years we had her in service, it got to the point she was down a cylinder and everyone in the department was affraid to put some real money in her. She stiil going strong today, the chiefs father-in-law bought her, rebuilt the engine, did some brake work to her & she purrs like a kitten.

I believe I got a picture of in in its ambulance form somewhere.

tim/csff25

Here is the picture of us getting our old Dodge M43 out of its frozen parking space 20+ years ago, after a few failed attemps using two trucks at the same time, one of our members went to where he worked and got their big payloader. Once we did that, there was no problem.

McLaughlin Photo

Tim/csff25

Another shot of it being towed to its new home.

McLaughlin photo

Tim/csff25

Empire State Oldies - Richard_L_Dean_07405 - 02-24-2009

[quote name='csff25' post='281302' date='Feb 12 2009, 13:52 ']Next up is a 42 Ford/Jeep. Bought for $450.00 in 1948 and with a Darley pump that was purchased for $480.00, the department built this Jeep for water supply duty at first, later adapted for grass/brush fires. It stayed in service until 1976. The west Monroe Fire Dept. used it for a summer or two. The Jeep ended up being restore to a WWII era jeep by a gentleman from the Buffalo area.[/quote]

Is this the Central Square in Woodbury, Orange County NY, the home of what is billed as the world's largest premium outlet center, Woodbury Commons?

Empire State Oldies - Guest - 02-25-2009

Nope, Central Square in Oswego County, 20 or so miles north of Srracuse right off I81. We are at th intersections of US Rt11 and NYS Rt 49.

tim/csff25

Empire State Oldies - Richard_L_Dean_07405 - 02-25-2009

[quote name='csff25' post='284635' date='Feb 25 2009, 07:16 ']Nope, Central Square in Oswego County, 20 or so miles north of Srracuse right off I81. We are at th intersections of US Rt11 and NYS Rt 49.

tim/csff25[/quote]

Thanks. I will have to visit that area as it looks interesting.

Empire State Oldies - John Kenealy - 02-25-2009

Come up Rich, we can give you the tour! Maybe you can join us on the Ladder 13 Syracuse area tour.

Ken, are you coming down this summer?

Empire State Oldies - Guest - 02-25-2009

To keep in the theme, here is a picture of the older section of our firehouse, on a beautiful Memorial Day morning, before our parade. Our two rescues are pictured, a 89 Chevy /Reading and a 72 Chevy/Providence, both are out of service now! I belive my wife and oldest boy ( who is 24 now) are standing behind the model A.

Tim/csff25

McLaughlin Photo.

Empire State Oldies - matchot - 02-25-2009

[quote name='CNYFireTrucks' post='284745' date='Feb 25 2009, 18:17 ']Come up Rich, we can give you the tour! Maybe you can join us on the Ladder 13 Syracuse area tour.

Ken, are you coming down this summer?[/quote]

John, let me know when this pixing tour is, I will try to make it over for it.