Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
St. Louis Metro - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: St. Louis Metro (/showthread.php?tid=2077)

St. Louis Metro - Guest - 11-01-2009

Hey SLTFD guys. With the accidents, truck fires, new H&L's what is the roster of the reserve fleet and special unit (ie- Haz-Mat trucks, boats). What is in each Engine House? Where did H&L 15 go? Whats in the Spare H&L fleet? What units are assigned to the shop? Is the Airport at full strength at all 3 Houses with the cut backs with the airlines. Just a few questions I known.

Thanks in advance,

TD

We only have 2 houses @ the airport I believe. One was shut down. I think all of the reserves are running as frontline pieces right now. H&L15 is @ the shop getting worked on and will be a reserve. We still have the LTI H&L15 as a reserve. The airport hook and ladder has been kept in the city for maybe 2 years now because the H&L's are broken so much (mainly H&L6). H&L6 isn't in service yet; probably this month, when all the training is done. The new HAZMAT 3 which is the size of the strike force trailer is kept @ the 5's. And ou shop isnt working on fire apparatus. They are now being repaired by Metro. Thats right, the same guys who work on the buses and call-a-rides, are fixing the fire trucks.

Mariene units are at the 11's and 27;s and i think one is docked on the riverfront somewhere.

Heres a link that will save some typing

http://stlouis.missouri.org/citygov/fire/history/currenthouses.html

What? Metro is working on the firetrucks now? Whos brilliant idea was that? That might be why so many companies are running reserves!!

St. Louis Metro - Guest - 11-02-2009

The new ride.

St. Louis Metro - Guest - 11-02-2009

[quote name='STLFire2494' date='01 November 2009 - 07:36 PM' timestamp='1257124576' post='345594']

We only have 2 houses @ the airport I believe. One was shut down. I think all of the reserves are running as frontline pieces right now. H&L15 is @ the shop getting worked on and will be a reserve. We still have the LTI H&L15 as a reserve. The airport hook and ladder has been kept in the city for maybe 2 years now because the H&L's are broken so much (mainly H&L6). H&L6 isn't in service yet; probably this month, when all the training is done. The new HAZMAT 3 which is the size of the strike force trailer is kept @ the 5's. And ou shop isnt working on fire apparatus. They are now being repaired by Metro. Thats right, the same guys who work on the buses and call-a-rides, are fixing the fire trucks.

Mariene units are at the 11's and 27;s and i think one is docked on the riverfront somewhere.

Heres a link that will save some typing

http://stlouis.missouri.org/citygov/fire/history/currenthouses.html

[/quote]

What happen to the STLFD shop mechanics? Did they get laid off?

St. Louis Metro - kenosha - 11-02-2009

Just in addition to what's already been posted...I can tell you Ladder 15's old LTI reserve truck and the Reserve Squad 1 are currently being kept at Station 22. We did go there and attempt to shoot those rigs....we really needed to bring the dentist with us though...cause it was gonna be like pulling teeth to get them. I am thankful though, we did have some good luck getting quite a few older, reserve, and special pieces which we had been wanting to get as this was really our only time ever shooting St. Louis... Thankfully out of a full weekend, we were able to manage one full day of sun with some quality picture taking!!!

[quote name='tobydi' date='01 November 2009 - 06:55 PM' timestamp='1257114958' post='345572']

Hey SLTFD guys. With the accidents, truck fires, new H&L's what is the roster of the reserve fleet and special unit (ie- Haz-Mat trucks, boats). What is in each Engine House? Where did H&L 15 go? Whats in the Spare H&L fleet? What units are assigned to the shop? Is the Airport at full strength at all 3 Houses with the cut backs with the airlines. Just a few questions I known.

Thanks in advance,

TD

[/quote]

St. Louis Metro - Guest - 11-03-2009

Im sure if some mechanics got moved. I know there are many of the same faces at our shops working on the medic units and the plethera of staff vehicles. Im not sure if the metro move is a trial or not. But I am pretty sure nobody got let go.

St. Louis Metro - Guest - 11-10-2009

Here is a shot of Airport Truck 50 which runs out of the south station at Lambert-St.Louis Airport. This station was closed due to remodeling and asbestos removal last year but is now back open. There are a total of 3 stations at the airport, North (unit 100), South (unit 200), and West (unit 300) stations.

Truck 50 is a 2008 Ford F-550/Rosenbauer and is the primary EMS response rig.

St. Louis Metro - Guest - 11-10-2009

My first trip to the airport station was back in 1984. It only took me 25 years to get back out there last week!

Heres a shot from October of 1984.

Airport Truck 47 was a 1978 Walters 3000 gallon crash truck.

St. Louis Metro - Guest - 11-16-2009

The new H&L6 has just been placed in service.

H&L 2 which is housed @ EH5 is now H&L 1

H&L 6 which is housed @ EH2 is now H&L 2

H&L 4 will stay H&L 4

H&L 15 was changed last month to H&L 5

H&L 6 is now in quarters @ EH12. E-12 is longer in service. It will become E-10.

I thought they were getting rid of H&L6 (the E\-One)

[quote name='Paramedic_IL' date='16 November 2009 - 02:33 PM' timestamp='1258402430' post='347753']

I thought they were getting rid of H&L6 (the E\-One)

[/quote]

The new H&L 6 is a new 125' Smeal. Last i saw the downtown H&L which is now 2 was running in the former H&L 15 125' smeal.

Northeast Ambulance & Fire District

Medic 4737

2009 Ford/Wheeled Coach

*A recent news article stated the district purchased 3 new ambulances, the final payment could not be made due to a court ruling freezing the districts funds. The district has an unknown amount of lawsuits and other legal troubles. A simple google seach will bring up a lot more detailed information.

Here is a shot of one of the new units with its "highly visible" solid black paint scheme.

St. Louis Metro - DaveYoung - 11-16-2009

[quote name='STLFire2494' date='16 November 2009 - 09:21 AM' timestamp='1258380067' post='347728']

The new H&L6 has just been placed in service.

H&L 2 which is housed @ EH5 is now H&L 1

H&L 6 which is housed @ EH2 is now H&L 2

H&L 4 will stay H&L 4

H&L 15 was changed last month to H&L 5

H&L 6 is now in quarters @ EH12. E-12 is longer in service. It will become E-10.

[/quote]

The only company in service at EH12 will be H&L 6, is that correct? Are there other engine/pumper companies in fairly close proximity to EH12? Thanks in advance.

You are correct...in fact the medic unit has apparently been moved to E26. The new H&L6 is still a quint. So the idea is they are 1st in they will assume 1st in engine company duties.

St. Louis Metro - DaveYoung - 11-16-2009

Okay, thanks for the reply StLFF34.

St. Louis Metro - Ladder 68 - 11-16-2009

Stupid ques but...

Are these redesignations of the companies numbers or actual moves of Hook & Ladder Co.'s to different quarters?

Thanks in advance.

St. Louis Metro - Guest - 11-17-2009

redesignation. the new H&L6 is the only new piece of equipment. They wanted to renumber the H&Ls to go along with their respective battalion. all other companies stayed in their quarters.

St. Louis Metro - ben_mazanec - 11-17-2009

[quote name='DaveYoung' date='16 November 2009 - 05:38 PM' timestamp='1258409883' post='347791']

The only company in service at EH12 will be H&L 6, is that correct? Are there other engine/pumper companies in fairly close proximity to EH12? Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

The 12's still is well covered by E-27, E-33, E-26 and the longshot companies E-24 and E-20. but like StlFF34 stated the H&L can still be first due because it is still a quint

St. Louis Metro - ffemtwakeman - 11-17-2009

[quote name='SLCPDEXPLORER' date='16 November 2009 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1258403357' post='347758']

Northeast Ambulance & Fire District

Medic 4737

2009 Ford/Wheeled Coach

*A recent news article stated the district purchased 3 new ambulances, the final payment could not be made due to a court ruling freezing the districts funds. The district has an unknown amount of lawsuits and other legal troubles. A simple google seach will bring up a lot more detailed information.

Here is a shot of one of the new units with its "highly visible" solid black paint scheme.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=59557]

[/quote]

Black is "high visibility"? Sounds counter intuitive to me.