Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
FLORIDA RIGS - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: FLORIDA RIGS (/showthread.php?tid=1847)

FLORIDA RIGS - Guest - 08-10-2011

[quote name='Shoop' timestamp='1312918562' post='452115']Broward Sheriff decided to change their paint scheme after acquiring the Dania Beach apparatus, which was Black over red. Alex, can fill ya in more, but I believe only one rescue, and a battalion chief are painted in this scheme currently. The new Engine 106, is EMS transport capable. I can't see them removing the Rescue housed at Alligator Alley, but maybe this could be used as a second transport unit if multiple patients are involved.[/quote]

Shoop,

Correct, the new engine will not replace R106. In fact, it will add a second transport unit and reduce the amount of times they request Weston R21 and/or R67 to respond on the Alley.

FLORIDA RIGS - FTLAUD - 08-10-2011

Just when I thought the idea of transport pumpers was going away in South Florida, I see it's making a resurection.

Florida is blooming, lol!

Below are some recent deliveries, courtesy of Pierce MFG photostream - flickr.

Palm Beach Gardens Fire Rescue - 2011 Pierce Impel assigned to E64.

NASA Fire Rescue Services (Kennedy Space Center) - 2011 Pierce Velocity assigned to HM2.

Fort Myers Fire Department - 2011 Pierce Impel PUC, not yet assigned.

Broward County Sheriff Fire Rescue - 2011 Pierce Velocity (Transport Capable) assigned to E106.

Largo Fire Rescue - 2011 Pierce Velocity PUC 75' assigned to T42.

Canaveral Fire Rescue - 2011 Pierce Velocity assigned to E53.

And to top it off... here is an MMS picture message I received today of Broward County Sheriff's new E6. Thanks, Luis

[Image: photo1.jpg]

FLORIDA RIGS - srq2009 - 08-10-2011

[quote name='FIREPIX21' timestamp='1313021709' post='452473']

NASA Fire Rescue Services (Kennedy Space Center) - 2011 Pierce Velocity assigned to HM2.

Broward County Sheriff Fire Rescue - 2011 Pierce Velocity (Transport Capable) assigned to E106.

And to top it off... here is an MMS picture message I received today of Broward County Sheriff's new E6. Thanks, Luis

[/quote]

Awesome!! Love it!

Question - do BSO Station 6 units regularly respond off of Port property or are they strictly there for port emergencies?

[quote name='srq2009' timestamp='1313025303' post='452477']

Awesome!! Love it!

Question - do BSO Station 6 units regularly respond off of Port property or are they strictly there for port emergencies?

[/quote]

Alex,

Correct! They can respond outside. However, I do believe one of the two has to stay within the Port property at all times.

FLORIDA RIGS - jlg1875 - 08-11-2011

[/quote]

AWESOME!!! Just wish it was either all black wheels or all aluminum. When's it due in? That replacing the E\-One with the tandem axles?

FLORIDA RIGS - Guest - 08-11-2011

[quote name='jlg1875' timestamp='1313035456' post='452496']

AWESOME!!! Just wish it was either all black wheels or all aluminum. When's it due in? That replacing the E\-One with the tandem axles?

[/quote]

jlg1875,

She will replace the current E6. I'm unsure of it's official delivery date.

FLORIDA RIGS - jlg1875 - 08-11-2011

[quote name='FIREPIX21' timestamp='1313047468' post='452499']

jlg1875,

She will replace the current E6. I'm unsure of it's official delivery date.

[/quote]

Well, I figured she would replace the current E6 lol, I just can't remember if that's the E\-One with the tandem axles or the single rear. I'm guessing the tandem since it's older.

FLORIDA RIGS - FTLAUD - 08-11-2011

E6 is the tandem axle industrial pumper, E206 is the single axle

FLORIDA RIGS - Guest - 08-13-2011

When I think of Rumper or Rescue-Pumper, I think of an ambulance that also has a pump, hose and water. I never would have thought of a Pumper/Engine that can also transport a patient. Where the hell does the stretcher go? Does it load in and out of the passenger side? Seems very interesting, yet very unnecessary.

FLORIDA RIGS - srq2009 - 08-13-2011

[quote name='poindexter6' timestamp='1313265132' post='452792']

When I think of Rumper or Rescue-Pumper, I think of an ambulance that also has a pump, hose and water. I never would have thought of a Pumper/Engine that can also transport a patient. Where the hell does the stretcher go? Does it load in and out of the passenger side? Seems very interesting, yet very unnecessary.

[/quote]

I'm not in the industry so don't take my opinion for gospel - however I believe it is a worthwhile experiment in this case because the station in question is more or less in the middle of a 70 mile stretch of desolate roadway between Fort Lauderdale and Naples, where any incident in the middle has to draw from both sides and the response time can be significant, especially for ALS ground transport. This station was built in the last couple of years at a rest stop about 20 miles away from Weston (suburban Fort Lauderdale), so response times are much improved although still pushing the limit in life-or-death situations. What they need is a dedicated helicopter but obviously that would be far outside the available funds...

FLORIDA RIGS - Roto-Ray - 08-13-2011

[quote name='poindexter6' timestamp='1313265132' post='452792']

[/quote]

There have been a handful of these in Florida, going back to the eighties. One was attempted to be placed in service in Virginia, but the Office of EMS wouldn't allow it. Sycamore Twp, OH has a pretty green Seagrave transport-engine as well.

FLORIDA RIGS - willman940 - 08-13-2011

[quote name='srq2009' timestamp='1313266910' post='452807']

I'm not in the industry so don't take my opinion for gospel - however I believe it is a worthwhile experiment in this case because the station in question is more or less in the middle of a 70 mile stretch of desolate roadway between Fort Lauderdale and Naples, where any incident in the middle has to draw from both sides and the response time can be significant, especially for ALS ground transport. This station was built in the last couple of years at a rest stop about 20 miles away from Weston (suburban Fort Lauderdale), so response times are much improved although still pushing the limit in life-or-death situations. What they need is a dedicated helicopter but obviously that would be far outside the available funds...

[/quote]

All I can think of when hearing this is tying up a busy engine by transporting. IMO a better option would have been cross staffing it with an ambulance so it can leave without worrying about equipment out and what not. This is assuming said engine is staffed with 4.

FLORIDA RIGS - Ladder 68 - 08-13-2011

Sandy Lake, Utah has, or had, at least 2 E\-One transport pumpers....

FLORIDA RIGS - Guest - 08-15-2011

The earliest "rumpers" I've seen were a pair of solid white units for Winter Haven, FL, I believe. They were on early 80's Ford F chassis with bumper turrets and pillbox compartments behind the cab, built by E\-One.

Sycamore Twp, OH had 2 Seagraves with this capability. Neither transport anymore - the oldest is a reserve and the newest was completely refurbished by Seagrave as an engine.

There are several departments in Utah and Colorado that also have/had transport capable engines.

Kent Parrish

Louisville, KY

FLORIDA RIGS - johndanger - 08-16-2011

[/quote]

Wow! Any specs for this, the old E6 or E206?

FLORIDA RIGS - FTLAUD - 08-16-2011

Found the official quote from Pierce on the county's website for anyone wishing to see every detail....

[url="http://www.broward.org/Purchasing/Results/x0849902q1.pdf"]http://www.broward.org/Purchasing/Results/x0849902q1.pdf[/url]

From what I gleaned on there, 3000 gpm hale pump, main turret is an Akron 5000 gpm, the two TFTs are 2000 gpm, 500 gallon water tank, 1800 gallon class b foam tank, 1,000 feet of 5" and 600 feet of 2.5" in the main hosebed, 8kw harrison generator

FLORIDA RIGS - srq2009 - 08-16-2011

[quote name='FTLAUD' timestamp='1313535078' post='453302']

Found the official quote from Pierce on the county's website for anyone wishing to see every detail....

[url="http://www.broward.org/Purchasing/Results/x0849902q1.pdf"]http://www.broward.o.../x0849902q1.pdf[/url]

From what I gleaned on there, 3000 gpm hale pump, main turret is an Akron 5000 gpm, the two TFTs are 2000 gpm, 500 gallon water tank, 1800 gallon class b foam tank, 1,000 feet of 5" and 600 feet of 2.5" in the main hosebed, 8kw harrison generator

[/quote]

Wow that's awesome! Cool to see everything broken down. I can't believe how expensive some of those components are - but I guess it makes sense.

FLORIDA RIGS - Guest - 08-18-2011

New Hollywood Engine 74

Im not really too sure what the specs are, but I do know that it isn't as customized as our Pierce Quantums. I think they called it the "off the shelf" pumper.

It is shorter than our Quantums (Except E-40 that has the side-mount pump panel) and the hosebed is a lot higher it seems.

FLORIDA RIGS - Guest - 08-18-2011

[quote name='HAZ31MAT' timestamp='1313669880' post='453453']

New Hollywood Engine 74

Im not really too sure what the specs are, but I do know that it isn't as customized as our Pierce Quantums. I think they called it the "off the shelf" pumper.

It is shorter than our Quantums (Except E-40 that has the side-mount pump panel) and the hosebed is a lot higher it seems.

[/quote]

Very Nice!!!

Any shots of the rear?