Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous (/showthread.php?tid=1954)

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - mnsand - 10-01-2008

SERV 55 at Bergton once ran at the Friendship Fire Company in Winchester, Virginia. It is a 1990 Ford F350 Classic/Centurion and is used as a first responder, etc.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

My favorite at Bergton, and it was nice to have the opportunity to drive it around the station grounds to get photographs. I told the Chief of Bergton that I had to resist every temptation to leave my car at the station and drive this one home.

Attack 56 - 1974 Dodge Power Wagon Custom 30/E.W. Stinebaugh & Son 500/300. It originally was delivered new to the Ashburn VFD in Loudoun County, Virginia.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Here is the newest arrival at Bergton and not yet in service.

Attack 55 is a 2008 Ford F550/M&W 750/300 with serial number T054.

It has a booster reel in the rear back step compartment and carries two ladders - 24' and 12'.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

A rear view of Attack 55.

That's if for now.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - firemag - 10-01-2008

Even a blind squirril, or a West Virginia squirril, finds a acorn once in a while!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - LCFR1620 - 10-04-2008

Thanks Mike for posting the Bergton Pictures. Seeing the Power Wagon in such good shape puts a smile on my face. She looks as good if not better than the day it left Ashburn. Wish I could have been there with you....Congratulations to Bergton VFD on the receipt their new piece. The new Attack looks great.

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - mnsand - 10-15-2008

This is one I have been after since it was delivered. Fairfax City has had some unique engine and foam trucks over the years.

Foam Engine 403 is a 2007 Pierce Dash 2000/625/300. Job number 18809.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

The Fairfax City Pierce foam unit replaced a foam unit that went to Cherry Hill, NJ. Another older Fairfax City engine I was wondering about was sold not to long ago. I found it by accident this week while traveling to and from Maryland for work.

Fairfax City was running a 1986 Pierce Arrow 1250/500. While visiting a fire station in Frederick County, Virginia, they asked me if I knew about their "new" training and reserve engine for the county. It turns out that Fairfax City donated it to Frederick County and it is kept at the Adminstrative building for fire and police near the Millwood area of the county. It was behind a security fence, and the folks at Frederick County FD were very helpful in moving the Pierce around for photos.

Frederick County, Virginia

Engine 10

(Training and Reserve)

1986 Pierce Arrow

1250/500

job number E3165

ex- Fairfax City, VA

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Sorry....the photo did not load.

Here it is.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

A quick stop by Greenwood VFD located in Frederick County just outside of Winchester - they have a new arrival.

Engine 18

2007 Spartan/2008 Smeal Sirius

1500/750/30

s/n 801270

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Also grabbed the brush truck at Greenwood while I was there.....

Brush 18

1984 Chevrolet Custom Deluxe 20/Slagles

250/250

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Last one for this short segment....

Millwood VFD is just outside of Winchester, Virginia in Frederick County. They use to be the Winchester Volunteer Rescue Squad that ran ambulances and squads. They switched over to a fire and rescue company, and now operate an engine, rescue engine, and ambulances.

Their newest piece is Engine 21, a 2007 Pierce Contender 1500/1000/30 with job number 19268/7653652.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous - ur second in - 10-18-2008

the following will be pics that I took at the West Point Crab Carnival Parade in West Point Virginia. The line up area is not the best for picture taking and you will notice several pics with a glare across the windshield. I tend to go with the any pic is better than no pic attitude. feel free to add any additional info or corrections. hope you enjoy.

First up is a Salvage unit from the Oceana Volunteer Fire Department. it is a 2007 International/ Hackney salvage/air light/ and rehab unit.

Next up is this brush unit from Central King and Queen Volunteer Fire Department. It is a 1984 Chevrolet/ Hagen. For those that have never heard of Hagen, they were a local builder that stll has several units in service in the area. I think they stopped production in the mid to late eighties. anyone that can elaborate please feel free. anyways, this unit is slated for replacement soon.

this next unit is Central King and Queens newest unit, an international/ KME 1250/1250 with rescue style compartments

Next up is a Brush unit From the Dendron Fire Department in Surry County. It is a Ford Super Duty with Slide in unit. I found it interesting that this unit had no roof mounted warning lights only grill lights and one in the windshield. it seems logical since it spends alot of time off road as to not damage a light bar by hitting low hanging branches.

Dendron also still operates this 71 Ford Oren that is still in service. it is the third unit ever owned by the department. it had original paint and is in great shape. The Dendron Fire Department is getting ready to order 2 new pieces of apparatus but this unit will not be replaced.

This Jeep is from the Disputanta Fire Department in Prince George County Va. It is a Wrangler with a small pump and tank in the rear. Prince George is apparently the Jeep Capital of Virginia as it seems that every company in the county has at least one.

Enon Volunteer Fire Department was well represented again this year. First up is the very new Brush 6. it si a 2008 Ford SUper duty with slide in unit.

Enon Tanker 6 is a circa 2000 International/S&S. i believe the stats are 750/ 1850 with a 150 foam cell