Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
THINGS FROM MY COLLECTION - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: THINGS FROM MY COLLECTION (/showthread.php?tid=1759)

THINGS FROM MY COLLECTION - Guest - 04-16-2013

Scott has not posted or been active here since 9/23/12; anyone knowing of his condition please pm me.

THINGS FROM MY COLLECTION - jlg1875 - 04-16-2013

Doc he's been posting regularly, including this evening, on Facebook on the Fire Apparatus Photographers Page

THINGS FROM MY COLLECTION - Guest - 04-16-2013

Quote:Doc he's been posting regularly, including this evening, on Facebook on the Fire Apparatus Photographers Page
Thanks to everyone who answered, not Facebook savvy.

THINGS FROM MY COLLECTION - John Kenealy - 04-17-2013

Quote:Doc he's been posting regularly, including this evening, on Facebook on the Fire Apparatus Photographers Page

Wow, that's where all the photos are!  There goes another hour per day!

THINGS FROM MY COLLECTION - Frank B - 04-18-2013

You get more replys on Facebook, but it is hard to look at older post's and you can search for a photo. Also there is duplication pages and it's hard to keep track of them all. I think firepicks is better and I would like to see more people join.

THINGS FROM MY COLLECTION - John Kenealy - 04-20-2013

Quote:You get more replys on Facebook, but it is hard to look at older post's and you can search for a photo. Also there is duplication pages and it's hard to keep track of them all. I think firepicks is better and I would like to see more people join.
Absolutely!  I really miss the activity that used to be on here. 

I don't keep stats, so I can't post on the Facebook site, anyway. 

THINGS FROM MY COLLECTION - jlg1875 - 04-20-2013

For whatever reason a lot of members have gravitated there and have stopped posting here, not sure why. I agree with you guys, I prefer this format with specific threads and not just everything thrown together and that you cannot search. Maybe when the newness of it wears off they'll come back here....

THINGS FROM MY COLLECTION - Frank B - 04-23-2013

FYI there are few guys copying photos from here in mass and reposting them with out credit as there own photos and with out the information that was all ready provided with the photos. I found this with a few local area pages and it discouraged me from posting photos as most were all ready posted.

THINGS FROM MY COLLECTION - Guest - 04-23-2013

OK, so where is this "secret" facebook site? Not that I'm interested in posting, I am curious as what the attraction is?

AFAIK, SPAAMFAA does not have a facebook site, so how is it affiliated?

Are there " rig groupies"  on facebook?

THINGS FROM MY COLLECTION - Image7801 - 04-23-2013

Quote:OK, so where is this "secret" facebook site? Not that I'm interested in posting, I am curious as what the attraction is?

AFAIK, SPAAMFAA does not have a facebook site, so how is it affiliated?

Are there " rig groupies"  on facebook?

If it's the same one that's being discussed here, it's a Facebook group called "Fire Apparatus Photographers". I took a look at it the other day. It definitely has lots of rig shots, but no details and not really any ability to search. Definitely not like this site.

THINGS FROM MY COLLECTION - Roto-Ray - 04-23-2013

Here is SPAAMFAA's Facebook page:  http://www.facebook.com/groups/61776127093/

This is the Fire Apparatus Photographer's page:  http://www.facebook.com/groups/350679945009339/ (in no way related to SPAAMFAA)

There are also Facebook pages dedicated to Macks, Mack CFs, Hahns, Orens, Aerialscopes, and Pierce, along with many others.

I'm going to reach out to Scott and see if he's "left" us here.

THINGS FROM MY COLLECTION - Guest - 04-24-2013

Taylor,

Try to persuade Scott to come back. He ALWAYS posted AWESOME pics!!!

Possibly  it festered OR was a wound re~opened....   http://www.firepics.net/groupboards/index.php?showtopic=13793

THINGS FROM MY COLLECTION - Guest - 04-25-2013

Quote:Here is SPAAMFAA's Facebook page:  http://www.facebook.com/groups/61776127093/

This is the Fire Apparatus Photographer's page:  http://www.facebook.com/groups/350679945009339/ (in no way related to SPAAMFAA)

There are also Facebook pages dedicated to Macks, Mack CFs, Hahns, Orens, Aerialscopes, and Pierce, along with many others.

I'm going to reach out to Scott and see if he's "left" us here.
The 1st link shows as "IE can not show this site"  Typical of SPAAMFAA's efforts to have a web presence...

2nd link comes up as a FB sign-in page.

Thanks anyway

THINGS FROM MY COLLECTION - Truckman - 03-27-2014

Quote:Here is a delivery-list, that I got from Calavar many years ago. At least two Condor-models were built for the emergency service. The Condor 150 for Vienna Airport/Austria was built on an International chassis with Cargostar cab. I can post a pic of this one. The Condor 125' for Malmo Fire Department / Sweden was the very last Calavar boom built (about 1986).

Juergen

Juergen, I know this post is about two years old, but, do you have a cleared list other than this one on the Calavars? I may be able to figure this one out with the help of a magnifying glass.  Thanks Pal.

THINGS FROM MY COLLECTION - Guest - 03-29-2014

Just an opinion, I do enjoy the different Facebook photo pages such as Mack C and CF, but THIS is the place where the knowledge is shared...specs, history, etc.  Definitely always worth my time to look here.  This is the first web site I go to each day that I'm online.

THINGS FROM MY COLLECTION - thom2943 - 03-29-2014

Quote:Just an opinion, I do enjoy the different Facebook photo pages such as Mack C and CF, but THIS is the place where the knowledge is shared...specs, history, etc.  Definitely always worth my time to look here.  This is the first web site I go to each day that I'm online.
I too check this sight everyday. I thopught about joining the Facebook group but I want as many people who want to to enjoy my pictures not just a select group. I miss the other posters, but I'll remain here. I wouild like to see interest in this hobby expand not contract.

THINGS FROM MY COLLECTION - Frank B - 03-29-2014

Facebook is good for contacts.

You make many more contacts than you do here. I recomend Facebook members to join Firepicks but I dont know if any have joined. Posting on facebook is easyer, and facebook reduces the post size automaically.

FirePicks is more professional, and the photos stay in format. On facebook they dissappear, but you can bring them up by typing in a search.

My biggest problem with Facebook is that MANY posters copy and repost your photos with out giving any credit, and sometimes not even the information. I got so fed up that I started to mark the photos that I post, and I never wanted to do this.

An example of this was of a recently scanned Mack L delivery photo that I posted in the Mack page. Before I could post it any where else some one copyed it and reposted it with in minutes on the Local area facebook page that I wanted to post. When I called the person out on it He got real flip and said, are you the only guy with Mack delivery photos? But I had cropped and edited the photo and it was my same exact post.

I had another guy copy all of my Pennsylvania post's in full (from Firepics) and not once mentioned where He got the photos from. This was a big suprise to me when I first started on Facebook, and some of my local fire fighting friends told me I should talk to the guy because he has more photos than every one else. All of the photos that he had posted were hijacked from Firepicks.

I only wish I could post larger photos on Firepicks. 199 is just too small.

Fireman

THINGS FROM MY COLLECTION - Juice - 03-30-2014

Frank, I have had the same problem. I really have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to "water marking" a photo, therefore I usually just mark the corners, but those can easily be cropped off. My photos are pretty easy to figure out, they normally don't range outside of Indiana!

Trav!

THINGS FROM MY COLLECTION - Frank B - 04-17-2014

I open the photo in paint, (paint comes with Windows) I have the name and photographer pretyped and I copy and paste it over the rear tire.

If you put it in a corner or off the object in the photo it will be cut out of the photo.

THINGS FROM MY COLLECTION - Juice - 04-24-2014

Yes, you're correct, I have thought about that as well. I believe at some point I'm going to have to use water marks or something. So far, I've been lucky with no one clipping my name off of a photo (to my knowledge) perhaps it just means no one wants my pictures! Rolleyes