Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Terry's Tid Bits II - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Terry's Tid Bits II (/showthread.php?tid=2025)

Terry's Tid Bits II - Guest - 07-14-2013

Quote:East Haven,Ct runs this quint. Not sure of the make after a year,sorry...

Terry
This truck is from my hometown.  It is a 2005 HME/Marion.RK 1250/250/75' stick.  It was designed to fit into a 1938 era firehouse.  Assigned to all structure fires in town, it is the first due aerial device in the south of town and second due aerial in the north of town.  Staffed by 2 career firefighters.

Terry's Tid Bits II - BFD1151 - 07-17-2013

Quote:The Bristol Life Saving Crew runs this Mack/? rescue.

Terry

1986 Mack MC/Swab/Southern refurb

Terry's Tid Bits II - Truckman - 07-25-2013

Quote:Bristol,Va. runs this 1998 Pierce Dash 2000/500/75' quint.

Terry

This was a piggy back off the Richmond, VA  Quints bids.

Terry's Tid Bits II - GA_Dave - 07-25-2013

Quote: 

This was a piggy back off the Richmond, VA  Quints bids.
Yes, same specs.  The Richmond Job Number was EB-175 (14 units), the Bristol rig was EC-185.  They all had 20 gallon foam tanks.

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 08-03-2013

I believe this is Guilford,Conn's Sutphen tower.

Terry

Guilford,Conn.'s Pierce Arrow XT rescue.

Terry

Bristol,Tn. runs this Spartan/4-Guys 75' quint.

Terry

Here's the other side...

Terry

Bristol,Tn. runs this Pierce Contender as engine 1 from their Headquarters station.

Terry

Bristol,Tn.'s Ladder 1 is this Pierce Lance 100' tower.

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 08-23-2013

Taneytown,Maryland recently took delivery of this 2013 Pierce Arrow XT/Mega PUC 1500/750/20 with 30kw Harrison generator,light tower,25,000lbs rear mount and a 9,000lbs portable winch and eventually have the ability to run up to 6 Holmatro tools at one time.This unit will be known as Rescue 5 and is the result of 3 years of planning and will go in service this fall.

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 08-30-2013

Wichita,Kansas Engine 1 is this PierceDash CF/PUC.There were quite a few of these around.

Terry

Wichita also had this Pierce Dash CF /PUC 100' tower.

Terry

Wilton,NY had 2 of these Pierce Arrow XT  PUC's on the lot.

Sorry it took me so long to figure out I had it listed wrong.

Terry

Baltimore Washington International Airport had this Oshkosh Stricker being built.

Terry

Future Nags Head,NC 75' quint.

Terry

Eatontown,New Jersey Pierce Velocity 75' quint.

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - grubber33270 - 08-31-2013

where is the Wichita Tower going? what company? thanks good stuff.

Terry's Tid Bits II - Guest - 08-31-2013

Thanks for the Pierce update!  It appears that the PUC is becoming the new big thing in the fire service.  I have looked at a few of them and just don't see what the big draw is suddenly.  I personally like the old school pumpers with low hosebeds and easy to access equipment.  These while I have no working experience with them just seem to be a bit un-friendly to the user.  Anyone working with the PUC able to add some input?

Terry's Tid Bits II - Roto-Ray - 08-31-2013

One of the selling points of the PUC is that you get additional compartment space while still keeping a fairly good wheelbase (the Mega-PUC, with it's additional compartment on each side, does make for a long wheelbase rig however).  The pump is easier to access for repair, and the abbreviated pump panel doesn't take up as much space as a traditional pump panel.

Baltimore City has just ordered four, which include a super-low hosebed and 500 gallons of the wet stuff:  Atlantic Emergency Solutions on Facebook.

We have one at work, and it was one of the first PUC's to come off the line.  The PUC itself isn't so bad, but we would have done some things differently had we had other PUC's to compare it to.  The members who ride it everyday have mixed feelings about it.

EDIT:  In case you hadn't seen it, here's one of the Pierce YouTube videos about the Wichita PUC's with their body design:  Wichita Pierce.