Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Terry's Tid Bits II - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Terry's Tid Bits II (/showthread.php?tid=2025)

Terry's Tid Bits II - Guest - 10-24-2013

Yeah, I've never  understood the top mount pumps on an aerial device.   I guess that's why their aren't very many of them that exist. 

Terry's Tid Bits II - Juice - 10-26-2013

Quote:Gatlinburg recently took delivery of this Spartan/Rosenbauer 75' quint.

Terry

Terry, what is the current rundown at this station now? When I was there, it was a mini, 2 old ford pumpers, an old chevy pumper, and 2 ambulances I believe.

Good picture,

Trav!

Terry's Tid Bits II - SrFireOfficial - 10-26-2013

Quote:Yeah, I've never  understood the top mount pumps on an aerial device.   I guess that's why their aren't very many of them that exist. 
Just makes a long wheelbase longer!

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 10-27-2013

Quote: 

Terry, what is the current rundown at this station now? When I was there, it was a mini, 2 old ford pumpers, an old chevy pumper, and 2 ambulances I believe.

Good picture,

Trav!

Quote: 

Good picture,

Trav!
Sounds about right! I didn't get the impression things change very fast around there...

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 10-28-2013

Mystic,Ct. runs this Spartan/E-1 as Engine 1.

Terry

Mystic Engine 2 runs this Ferrara.

Terry

South Burlington,Vermont me thinks(corrections are expected) as these vacations are getting a little fuzzy runs this Pierce Velocity PUC.

Terry

South Burlington also runs this Velocity PUC 75' quint.

Terry

South Hero,Vermont runs this HME/TEC (?),neat truck in the middle of no where.

Terry

Back end of the truck.

Terry

Plattsburg,New York runs this Pierce Enforcer.

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - Roto-Ray - 10-28-2013

Quote:South Hero,Vermont runs this HME/TEC (?),neat truck in the middle of no where.

Terry

I believe that's a VTEC.  Pretty plain wheels on it. 

Terry's Tid Bits II - amcare38 - 10-31-2013

You're correct, it's a VTEC.
Quote:I believe that's a VTEC.  Pretty plain wheels on it.

Terry's Tid Bits II - nolderpkp - 10-31-2013

It is VTEC...small New England builder

Terry's Tid Bits II - npfd801 - 11-01-2013

Quote:It is VTEC...small New England builder
I haven't seen much of their stuff, but they'll do the odd stuff that no one else will.  They built a Metz aerial unit (only one stateside that isn't a Rosenbauer built body) on an HME 4x4 chassis with a rear mount pump.  Pretty sure the body was poly too.  I used to have photos, but they're long gone now.

Anyone have any photos of that one?

Terry's Tid Bits II - e11ramfireman - 11-01-2013

Quote:I haven't seen much of their stuff, but they'll do the odd stuff that no one else will.  They built a Metz aerial unit (only one stateside that isn't a Rosenbauer built body) on an HME 4x4 chassis with a rear mount pump.  Pretty sure the body was poly too.  I used to have photos, but they're long gone now.

Anyone have any photos of that one?
Carrabassett Valley Maine, its home to the very popular Sugarloaf USA ski area, they also run at least 2 other pumpers w/ V-Tec bodies, one on a HME the other an International.  Heres a pic of the metz  http://www.firenews.org/me/CarrabassertValleyMEL1.jpg   V-tec does do some interesting stuff, they are really popular in vermont and surrounding New England, they seem to have picked up where Middlesex left off after closing up around 1990.  It used to be that almost every vermont department had a middlesex unit, now its just about every one has a V-Tec unit.  V-tec has also gotten really popular in the past few years w/ doing vacuum tankers, they've delivered at least 2 or 3 to the berkshires of massachusetts in the past year alone.  The town I go on vacation in VT has 4 rigs, 3 are v-tec, the other is a ford/KME mini-pump, but the other 3, one is a ford light rescue, and the other 2 are former International 4x4 town trucks that V-tec completely restored from the frame up and then built pumper/tanker bodies on them w/ rear-mounted pumps.  

Terry's Tid Bits II - mussels - 11-11-2013

Quote:Mystic,Ct. runs this Spartan/E-1 as Engine 1.

Terry
Allegany.

Terry's Tid Bits II - Guest - 11-11-2013

Quote:Mystic,Ct. runs this Spartan/E-1 as Engine 1.

Terry
1993 Spartan/Allegheny 1250/750, not what you'd expect in a New England firehouse.
Dept. profiled in May-June 2013 FAJ

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 12-31-2013

Freightliner/Pierce for Pacific Petrol.

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 12-31-2013

Here's the other side of the truck.

Terry