Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Terry's Tid Bits II - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Terry's Tid Bits II (/showthread.php?tid=2025)

Terry's Tid Bits II - Image7801 - 08-05-2014

Quote:East Tawas,Michigan runs this Pierce Lance 75' quint.

Terry

Toneslider can confirm this, but, with the exception of the warning lights over the crew doors, this looks to be Castle Rock, Colorado's circa 1992 75' quint.

Terry's Tid Bits II - firetdriver_99 - 08-05-2014

Quote:Here's the pump panel in the cab facing forward.They think it is the only one Pierce has done this way so comment are welcome.

Terry
The only comment I have on them is since they have all those beautiful trucks why dont they spend a little money and put a cement or paved pad infront of their station to drive out on instead of the grass?

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 08-05-2014

Their station burned down several months ago and they are using a pole building until the station is rebuilt.

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 08-05-2014

Quote:Toneslider can confirm this, but, with the exception of the warning lights over the crew doors, this looks to be Castle Rock, Colorado's circa 1992 75' quint.

Quote:Toneslider can confirm this, but, with the exception of the warning lights over the crew doors, this looks to be Castle Rock, Colorado's circa 1992 75' quint.
Had a sticker on the windshield shaped like Texas...

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 08-13-2014

Munising,Michigan runs this Pierce Contender.

Terry

Here Munising's Pierce Arrow Tele-squirt. Sorry about the quality but my camera was/is having issues...

Terry

Here Munising's Pierce Arrow Tele-squirt. Sorry about the quality but my camera was/is having issues...

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - upstatefire31 - 08-14-2014

Quote:Here Munising's Pierce Arrow Tele-squirt. Sorry about the quality but my camera was/is having issues...

Terry

Ex-US NAVY?  Quantico maybe???

Terry's Tid Bits II - EngineForLife - 08-15-2014

Hmmm, maybe Army? Fort Monmouth had a similiar unit, I believe Engine 3? The blue in the scotchlite stripe seems to point that direction.

Terry's Tid Bits II - foghog333 - 08-15-2014

This Tele Squrt was one of the 18 Pierce Arrow's purchased by the Marine Corps between 1987 and 1988. Most all of them were rebuilt between 2000 and 2004 with four door cabs, some with air conditioning and upgrades in the warning lights. If anyone has the Pierce serial number or USMC property number I should be able to track its original base assignment.

Tom Shand

Winchester, Virginia

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 08-15-2014

Sorry I don't collect info as much as I used to but I thought they said it was from around the great lakes region.

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - Pete Muller - 08-16-2014

Quote:This Tele Squrt was one of the 18 Pierce Arrow's purchased by the Marine Corps between 1987 and 1988. Most all of them were rebuilt between 2000 and 2004 with four door cabs, some with air conditioning and upgrades in the warning lights. If anyone has the Pierce serial number or USMC property number I should be able to track its original base assignment.

Tom Shand

Winchester, Virginia
The Tele-squrt from Paris Island USMC Recruit Training Center in South Carolina had the same blue stripe in the middle of the white stripe, this may be where it came from.

Terry's Tid Bits II - upstatefire31 - 08-16-2014

You got it......I just found it in an older copy of FAJ I had..... I was way off  lol

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 09-24-2014

I finally caught up with West Hempfield's Spartan/SVI rescue.Not sure of it's age but I have been chasing it several years.

Terry

On the other hand it only took one trip to find this 2014 Kenworth/4-Guys 1500/3500 tanker.

Terry

Here's the other side...

Terry

Here's a shot of the pump and compartment.The pipe going up and around is a drying system which I thought was neat.

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - Guest - 09-25-2014

West Hempfield's old Mack R Tanker was purchased by Chester County PA Station 25 - Longwood. 

Terry's Tid Bits II - dawson_fire - 12-09-2014

Cumbeland,Md runs this Sutphen tower. Spends alot of time facing west by the  looks of the faded paint on the front of the cab...

Terry

Terry's Tid Bits II - Reliance - 12-10-2014

West Hempfield received the rescue on January 15, 2009.  So it is either a 2008 or 2009.