Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Ambulances - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Other Emergency Vehicle Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Ambulances (/showthread.php?tid=2096)

Ambulances - ACPD227 - 11-11-2015

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="dJames" data-cid="552595" data-time="1446743623">
<div>
I don't think Miami Dade could produce a bad looking rig even if they tried.

</div>
</blockquote>
They dont even make that chassis anymore. 

Ambulances - Juice - 11-12-2015

No, they don't, I was just making a funny in regards to his statement about not making a bad looking rig... the Commander falls into this category as well, but this is the Ambulance thread.

Trav!

Ambulances - nealcraig - 11-13-2015

No this is NOT covered by warranty! Couple of local folks looking over one of Gatlinburg Fire Rescue latest deliveries from Custom Woks

Ambulances - nealcraig - 11-13-2015

Photo #2 baby bears

Ambulances - Guest - 11-13-2015

Looks like the kids are having some fun playing on the jungle gym.  Sam is going to cover the paint

damage under warranty correct?  Big Grin  I mean after all it is an act of God, and not improper use and

abuse.  HA HA HA!!!

Always wanted to see some bears in the UP of Michigan, never had that pleasure but did see some

of the Elk Herd near Gaylord, let me tell you 6 foot tall and 800 pounds is massive even when viewed

from the cab of a C-4500.  Especially in fall/winter when the males have their racks on full display.

I never have see the result but there are usually a few accidents of Elk vs Car in that northern Michigan

area which result in significant damage and loss of life.  There are signs on I-75 warning drivers of the

herd but we all know how much people pay attention and at 75+ MPH it's hard to react to a Elk jumping

out of the forest into the road way.

Kris

Ambulances - nealcraig - 11-26-2015

Saluda Co SC EMS recent remount. Saluda is a small county with no hospital so they put a lot of miles on the units pretty fast

Ambulances - hungrybus - 11-30-2015

Baltimore County, Md  purchased I believe 22 of these new medic units. Here's a shot of the new Medic 9

Ambulances - hungrybus - 11-30-2015

Baltimore Washington Airport recently placed this New Medic Unit in service

Ambulances - Monrovia1 - 12-05-2015

[Image: 181_zpsjn506edv.jpg]

McCormick Ambulance.

Ambulances - Monrovia1 - 12-05-2015

[Image: 114_zpsbhi5vkfk.jpg]

Rural Metro.

Ambulances - Juice - 12-09-2015

Can anyone tell me, with most bigger Ambulances (Freightliner, GMC, International, Ford) are they running 17.5 or 19.5 on the wheels/tires?

Thanks!

Ambulances - nealcraig - 12-10-2015

All the ones I have dealt with were 19.5"

Ambulances - Chasselber1 - 12-10-2015

The VA. Medical Center in DC has this ambo, I'm not sure what it's used for but they have it...

[Image: 25pgzti.jpg]

[Image: f1awlh.jpg]

Walter Reed National Military Medical Center has a few of these mass transport units used to move critically injured soliders from Andrews AFB to WRNMMC.

[Image: 2cxglth.jpg]

Ambulances - Guest - 12-10-2015

Quote:Can anyone tell me, with most bigger Ambulances (Freightliner, GMC, International, Ford) are they running 17.5 or 19.5 on the wheels/tires?

Thanks!

19.5 is pretty much standard on anything from a F-450, Dodge 4500/5500 and up to the Medium Duty families, F-650, Freightliner M2, International 4300, Terra-Star,

Dura-Star, Kenworth T-270 etc.  Just FYI I'm not sure if Ford changed wheel sizes with the major revamping on the 650/750 family this fall.

With that said some do have options for different sizes and that can lead to issues.  For instance I know of one department and mfg (Names withheld to protect the

not so smart within the mfg (They had the spec but never checked it to see if it met spec 100%), honestly the department just provided what they were asked for and

were never told about a specific size wheel being needed, just the wheelbase) anyway customer ordered a Freightliner M2 which arrived with 22.5 wheels. 

Believe it or not this created many issues, (primarily since the box was built prior to the chassis arriving) including said mfg purchasing the chassis and sitting on it for

several months before selling it for use by a farmer.  I was told he got a great deal and walked away with a big smile, and a CD/DVD/Navigation in dash. 

Thankfully this was not my deal!  Worst I ever did was put the wrong interior color in a unit, a costly mistake but not nearly as costly as a whole chassis.  Plus I caught it

right as it happened and only resulted in a two day delay not months for a new chassis.

Kris

Ambulances - Guest - 12-10-2015

Quote:The VA. Medical Center in DC has this ambo, I'm not sure what it's used for but they have it...

[Image: 25pgzti.jpg]

[Image: f1awlh.jpg]

I was told it is used for "Special Mode" transport for which an ambulance may be needed to transport a patient to or from a VA Medical Center or authorized Non-VA

Medical Center. 

I wonder if these may have be added to reduce the astronomical costs some of the private ambulance services charge the VA for use of an ambulance for transport.

I assume VA personnel operate the unit.

Kris

"special mode" (ambulance, wheelchair van) transport for travel to and from VA health care - See more at: http://www.va.gov/HEALTHBENEFITS/vtp/beneficiary_travel.asp#sthash.4j213aPd.dpuf
"special mode" (ambulance, wheelchair van) transport for travel to and from VA health care - See more at: http://www.va.gov/HEALTHBENEFITS/vtp/beneficiary_travel.asp#sthash.4j213aPd.dpuf

Ambulances - hungrybus - 12-18-2015

Prince Georges County in Md, have ordered several of these Dodge Ambulances

Ambulances - Guest - 12-19-2015

Quote:Prince Georges County in Md, have ordered several of these Dodge Ambulances

That's a nice looking unit, not sure abou that Star of Life on the rear. 

Not a big fan of the Mfg. but those Dodges are really nice in my opinion especially if it has

a Keldermann air ride.

Kris

Ambulances - Monrovia1 - 12-23-2015

[Image: 004_zpsgdwkfjow.jpg]

UK Style looking AMR ambulance.

Ambulances - nealcraig - 12-23-2015

The above is made by Mallory Industries out of Canada. I think Cromwell Ambulance sales out of the NY area sold them(?).

Ambulances - Bob-Ont - 12-24-2015

Quote:The above is made by Mallory Industries out of Canada. I think Cromwell Ambulance sales out of the NY area sold them(?).
Did you mean to say Malley Industries Inc. of New Brunswick.