Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Anyone recognize this international rescue? - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Anyone recognize this international rescue? (/showthread.php?tid=1163)

Anyone recognize this international rescue? - ff002 - 09-15-2013

Any one recognize this? anyone have an in service shot of her?

Anyone recognize this international rescue? - scotty2795 - 09-15-2013

I have a suspicion that it served the Ford Assembly Plant in Oakville, Ontario.  It spent most of time behind the fences but came every no and again.

Scott

Anyone recognize this international rescue? - Bob-Ont - 09-15-2013

I agree that this was Ford's plant truck (supported by the oval on the door and rear plate).  If I recall correctly it was brought in from Michigan.  An FTI body possibly?

Anyone recognize this international rescue? - ACPD227 - 09-16-2013

I'm surprised they didn't use a ford c chassis for this truck if it was at ford plant 

Anyone recognize this international rescue? - Guest - 09-16-2013

To confirm what Bob-Ont said, this was a Ford Motor Co Oakville Assembly Plant unit. It began in Crete, Michigan. It is a 1979 Int. CO1950B Cargostar with bodywork by 3D. It carries serial # 0001055. It was rehabbed locally (Oakville) in 1998. Since the downsizing of the plant, I don't know if it is still there or has been disposed. Mike

Anyone recognize this international rescue? - Bob-Ont - 09-16-2013

Quote:I'm surprised they didn't use a ford c chassis for this truck if it was at ford plant 
You're not the only one that was surprized.  Ford must have received one heck of a deal on the used fire truck market to forgo brand loyalty.

Anyone recognize this international rescue? - Bob-Ont - 09-16-2013

Quote:To confirm what Bob-Ont said, this was a Ford Motor Co Oakville Assembly Plant unit. It began in Crete, Michigan. It is a 1979 Int. CO1950B Cargostar with bodywork by 3D. It carries serial # 0001055. It was rehabbed locally (Oakville) in 1998. Since the downsizing of the plant, I don't know if it is still there or has been disposed. Mike
Thanks Mike.

From the photo it appears to be out of service.

Anyone recognize this international rescue? - Juice - 09-17-2013

Can't tell by the photo, could you access the rear of the cab or does the body run all the way up to it?

Trav!

Anyone recognize this international rescue? - Guest - 09-17-2013

Trav,

Appears to be an opening between the Cab & Body. Also,there is,what looks like a window at the "end" of the cab. I think it's a Canopy Cab.

Anyone recognize this international rescue? - Juice - 09-17-2013

That's kind of what I was thinking, appears to be a tight squeeze between cab and body

Anyone recognize this international rescue? - ff002 - 09-17-2013

Two more pics....yes, out of service and for sale for $3700....