Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Chambersburg, PA - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Apparatus and Department Scuttlebut (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Scuttlebut (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: Chambersburg, PA (/showthread.php?tid=1586)

Pages: 1 2

Chambersburg, PA - nolderpkp - 01-31-2013

Heard recently that Franklin Fire Co. will replace both engines, rescue squad, and truck within the next year or so.  The engines and squad are already on apparatus dealer websites.  In other news, the volunteer faction of the Chambersburg City Fire Dept, Friendship Engine Co. (Eng/Tanker 14) has been disbanded by the city.  That rig is also listed on some used apparatus dealer pages. 

Chambersburg, PA - Guest - 01-31-2013

Interesting news for sure!  Any idea what brand they are looking at? 

Chambersburg, PA - rescueff - 02-04-2013

Quote:Heard recently that Franklin Fire Co. will replace both engines, rescue squad, and truck within the next year or so.  The engines and squad are already on apparatus dealer websites.  In other news, the volunteer faction of the Chambersburg City Fire Dept, Friendship Engine Co. (Eng/Tanker 14) has been disbanded by the city.  That rig is also listed on some used apparatus dealer pages. 

Do you have a link for the Engine-Tanker 14 sale? I have seen the Franklins apparatus on sale but not Friendships.

Chambersburg, PA - nolderpkp - 02-05-2013

http://commandfireapparatus.com/used-fire-trucks-for-sale/tankers/

Chambersburg, PA - dawson_fire - 02-07-2013

Quote:Interesting news for sure!  Any idea what brand they are looking at? 
I heard Seagrave and Pierce,not sure if there are others.

Terry

Chambersburg, PA - Guest - 02-08-2013

Seagrave, now they would be some sharp looking rigs!

Chambersburg, PA - Guest - 02-08-2013

I was informed that the Franklins of Chambersburg went with Pierce for all 4 new units.  Would have been nice to see Seagraves with the dealer being so close.  The Friendships Tanker is on Command.  I was told the borough shut that operation down.  Unknown for sure though.

Chambersburg, PA - countryboy88 - 02-10-2013

Adding to the Pierce order coming to Franklin County Greencastle signed a contract for a new Engine Tanker to replace the Sutphen. Line drawing can be seen here https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=212883205516726&set=pb.200225976782449.-2207520000.1360471212&type=3&theater

Chambersburg, PA - Guest - 02-10-2013

Shoop, I kinda had a feeling that between Seagrave and Pierce they would go with PiercePierce is dominating apparatus sales in central/southern PA.  Unfortunately my recent experience with Seagrave spoke for itself as to why they aren't selling rigs in PA in my opinion. 

Chambersburg, PA - rescueff - 03-16-2013

So is it confirmed that Franklin Fire Company (Station 4) has ordered 2 Engines, One Truck, One Squad from Pierce? I haven't seen anything on Glicks website or Station 4's website mentioning this yet? If so what are the specs on the new rigs and when are they due in?

Thanks

Chambersburg, PA - B95MACKFIRE - 03-17-2013

When we where righting the spec's for our new engine for Port Chester Fire [Westchester County New York] Seagrave was invited to be part of it but did not show, then at the bid opening they showed with a set of spec's that did not even come close to what we wrote. They never even talked to anyone on the truck comm but thanks to them we got another bid .

Chambersburg, PA - Guest - 03-21-2013

Seagrave's problem in central PA is the salesman.  I've been told that by numerous departments.

Chambersburg, PA - Guest - 03-21-2013

Shoop, you and I should team up and start working PA with the Seagrave product! 

Chambersburg, PA - Fire28 - 04-11-2013

Quote:So is it confirmed that Franklin Fire Company (Station 4) has ordered 2 Engines, One Truck, One Squad from Pierce? I haven't seen anything on Glicks website or Station 4's website mentioning this yet? If so what are the specs on the new rigs and when are they due in?

Thanks
All 4 are Arrow XT

Engines are 1500/750 L Tank Low Hosebed and really short wheelbase!

Squad is a Single Rear Axle

Truck is 105's RM

All this from a friend who is a memeber there.

Chambersburg, PA - Guest - 04-28-2013

The real big question is, are they going red?  That is the rumor running around.

Chambersburg, PA - Guest - 04-29-2013

RED????  Boy, I don't know I really think the green rigs are sharp.  But, with so many companies switching away from red it would be nice to see a company go to red.  I guess what better time to change your color scheme then when you're replacing your entire fleet.

Chambersburg, PA - Guest - 04-30-2013

Actually from what I heard in the rumor mill they were looking at red because of future replacement.  Apparatus value seems to be better with red rigs.  I'm guessing part of the reason they are having trouble unloading their current rigs is because they are green.  I really hope that it is indeed a rumor, and they stick to green.  It helps them stand out!

Chambersburg, PA - chief60 - 04-30-2013

It is an unfortunate reality. It would probably be 20k to repaint their engines to another color. I have looked at their engines and just don't see where it would be worth the money needed to get them to an acceptable color. I imagine there are alot of departments that are doing the same thing, the numbers are hard to justify after a repaint and complete lettering and striping plus any other issues that need to be repaired.

Chambersburg, PA - chief60 - 06-05-2013

Any idea if they sold the engines? They aren't on Brindle Mountains site anymore. The rescue and ladder still are though.

Chambersburg, PA - rescueff - 06-13-2013

Finally Some News to report:

Franklin Fire Company Sta. 4 Facebook Page reports that a new Pierce Arrow XT 105 Ft. Ladder Truck is on order with scheduled delivery for early 2014. Drawing is posted there https://www.facebook.com/FranklinFireCompany

No Mentions of the Rescue Squad or Engines yet.

By the way has anyone heard if they are replacing the Chief Vehicle, Duty Vehicle or Utility?