Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Rehabilitation Units - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Rehabilitation Units (/showthread.php?tid=1712)

Pages: 1 2 3

Rehabilitation Units - stokess - 01-13-2012

Saw a picture in one of the PA threads and it got me thinking about seeing how many rehab's there are out there. I did a search and didn't find any topics for Rehabilitation Units and since there are a few of them out there I thought I'd start a thread and see how many we can get.

I'll start with ours - Fairfax County, VA Fire and Rescue Rehab 413.

A 2009 Mack with a Pierce box, 37 feet long, 12'6" tall, has two doors with retracting stairs, two work stations, benches, storage and a freezer inside. Twin awnings, misters in the body, body levelers and a single pole 6 head light mast. She's a beast and I'm sure some of the others from Fairfax will chime in with some thoughts on it - not sure I would have bought it but I believe in making the most of it since we have it.

A couple pics of her working:

At an acquired structure burn last weekend with the levelers down - I think I'm the only one who ever uses them.

and her nosed up to E413B at a greater alarm fire on Boxing Day 2010.

Rehabilitation Units - Guest - 01-13-2012

[quote name='Chief413' timestamp='1326431605' post='471077'] Saw a picture in one of the PA threads and it got me thinking about seeing how many rehab's there are out there. I did a search and didn't find any topics for Rehabilitation Units and since there are a few of them out there I thought I'd start a thread and see how many we can get. I'll start with ours - Fairfax County, VA Fire and Rescue Rehab 413. A 2009 Mack with a Pierce box, 37 feet long, 12'6" tall, has two doors with retracting stairs, two work stations, benches, storage and a freezer inside. Twin awnings, misters in the body, body levelers and a single pole 6 head light mast. She's a beast and I'm sure some of the others from Fairfax will chime in with some thoughts on it - not sure I would have bought it but I believe in making the most of it since we have it. [Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=86001] [/quote]

Now that puppy (pun intended) is sharp!!!!

Here's our RSU 3 set up at a RIT training exercise in Sept '08.

Better shot of RSU 3. This is the former Warren Twp FD Light wagon 444.

RSU 3 in it's previous life form as Light Wagon 444.

Also me and RSU 1.

Better shot of RSU 1 soon after it was placed in service in the Summer of '08.

We were set up for 3-4 days for one of the biggest fires in recent memory (the Cosmopolitan On the Canal. A $28 million loss caused by arson) here in Indy on 3/12/09.

Rehabilitation Units - hank - 01-13-2012

Good photos!

tHANKs

FDNY has a couple called RAC units, RAC stands for recuperation and care. Not a sexy as Fairfax's Unit. LAFD has one (at least one, maybe more at this point) with a bathroom in the back. I know of a couple here in NJ that are trailers. Here in NJ were have a couple that are on special operations vehicles but not specfic for rehab. We also have several buses with rehab as part of their multi mission. North Hudson has (or used to have) and retired NJ Transit bus that was used to provide rehab. Phoenix has several rehab vehicles aground. I remember seeing a posta potty mounted to a flat bed trailer, Prince William County, VA I think.

Oh we have a Don's John on a trailer too - witness Crapper 407 (pulled by UT422):

The Fairfax unit is in no way a canteen - we have 4 of those, volunteer run (402, 408, 417 and 422). There is only a water jug on RH413 - it's gone through several versions of what it should have on it but I think we've gotten it settled now. One of the biggest flaws with it is, it's one of a kind and goes on all greater alarms. Even if I'm in the station and not cross staffing something and can jump as soon as it's hit out (or more to the fact we hear the original box and can just tell and start getting ready) odds are I'm not getting there until the 30 minute timer...which even with a majority of our 2nd alarms the bulk of the work is done and they've already done rehab in a front yard or a medic unit and don't want to transfer to the beast...if I can get the beast close enough to be useful.

Like I said, not sure I'd have bought it the way it is, but we'll use it now that we have it.

[quote name='NJMedic' timestamp='1326487091' post='471108']

FDNY has a couple called RAC units, RAC stands for recuperation and care. Not a sexy as Fairfax's Unit. LAFD has one (at least one, maybe more at this point) with a bathroom in the back. I know of a couple here in NJ that are trailers. Here in NJ were have a couple that are on special operations vehicles but not specfic for rehab. We also have several buses with rehab as part of their multi mission. North Hudson has (or used to have) and retired NJ Transit bus that was used to provide rehab. Phoenix has several rehab vehicles aground. I remember seeing a posta potty mounted to a flat bed trailer, Prince William County, VA I think.

[/quote]

Rehabilitation Units - ACPD227 - 01-13-2012

Rehab 70 serving Allen County and Fort Wayne Indiana ran by Saint joseph Twp Fire Dept.

The LA city units

other LA unit I think they had 3 I got pics of 2

Jason, any idea who built them?

Rehabilitation Units - ff168577 - 01-13-2012

Penndel-Middletown Emergency Squad Special Service unit. This unit is for Rehab and incident command operations. 2010 International/Horton.

Rehabilitation Units - BCFDphotoman - 01-13-2012

Here is Baltimore's rehab unit run by Box 414 Association:

2003 GMC/Krammes Kustom

Rehabilitation Units - BCFDphotoman - 01-13-2012

Here is their very first unit in front of their original clubhouse:

A 1952 Chevy, not sure who fabricated the body.

Photo Credit Box 414 Ass.

Rehabilitation Units - Monrovia1 - 01-13-2012

[Image: 098.jpg]

Restored LAFD rehab unit.

Rehabilitation Units - countryboy88 - 01-14-2012

Rehab 225 from Hagerstown Md.

2011 Freightliner/ Krammes Kustom Body. This unit replaced a 1994 Ford E Series Jayco RV.

My Photo

[Image: WashingtonCountyRehab255.jpg]

My Photo

[Image: WashingtonCountyRehab2552.jpg]

My Photo

[Image: WashingtonCountyRehab2553.jpg]

Old Rehab 225 Photos taken from the Washington County Photo Team

1994 Ford E Series Jayco RV

[Image: Rehab225.jpg]

[Image: Rehab2252.jpg]

Rehabilitation Units - ACPD227 - 01-14-2012

[quote name='ifd29buff' timestamp='1326498170' post='471131']

Jason, any idea who built them?

[/quote]

I could not remember so I looked through my 360 degree pics and found the answer

American Lafrance