Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Imperial Fire Apparatus Rancocas, NJ - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Imperial Fire Apparatus Rancocas, NJ (/showthread.php?tid=1815)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Imperial Fire Apparatus Rancocas, NJ - Frank B - 10-04-2009

Imperial was a division of Pemberton Fabrications (Pem-Fab) Rancocas, New Jersey

This trailer was built in 1969 by Pem Fab

Ralf Aspling photo

Rich Gergel collection

Imperial Logo that was usualy mounted on the front of the cab

Imperial Fire Apparatus Rancocas, NJ - Frank B - 10-06-2009

Linfield PA Montgomery County station #51

Imperial Dodge D W-500

Thr first truck that Imperial built

Matt Beare photo

Imperial Fire Apparatus Rancocas, NJ - engine98 - 10-06-2009

Rockledge VFD of Montgomery County Pa used to run this 1971 Pemfab/Imperial 1000/500 Pumper

Imperial Fire Apparatus Rancocas, NJ - BA000049 - 10-06-2009

Frank,

From Al Powell’s files.

Bruce

1970 Dodge Power Wagon/Imperial, std.conv.cab, full-width custom body mini-pumper, 500/300, extended bumper with PTO center winch, 2 booster reels on top, dual rear wheels, Imperial no.I-500, first Imperial apparatus delvd, fwd, never repainted Y to match other co.apparatus, 157 in.WB, in 8-91 sold to Lawn (Lebanon Co.-repainted LYW),PA, V-8 gas motor, 4-spd manual trans, heated mirrors, Imperial pump powered by separate Ford V-8 gas motor, aluminum tank-500 gal, 4KW Honda EMS generator with remote electric start, in 4-02 PAFM pg 106 offered for sale, sold to farmer in NY.

Imperial Fire Apparatus Rancocas, NJ - Engine2524 - 10-07-2009

Lakes Volunteer Fire Company (Currently known as Taunton Fire Company)

Medford Township, NJ

1973 Imperial 1000/1000

In service 1973-89. Now serving the Hickory Valley FD in Sparta, Tennessee

Imperial Fire Apparatus Rancocas, NJ - e290l103 - 10-07-2009

Rochelle Park, NJ.

Campbelltown, PA

Pennsauken, NJ I-603 glidered by Pierce in 1993

& the only other one I have ever shot-Woodbridge, NJ is it really considered an Imperial?

Imperial Fire Apparatus Rancocas, NJ - Guest - 10-07-2009

I may sound like an idiot asking this question but I never knew the answer, what is a glider kit with Pierces?

Imperial Fire Apparatus Rancocas, NJ - ff002 - 10-08-2009

[quote name='WFDT42' date='07 October 2009 - 10:49 PM' timestamp='1254968962' post='341549']

I may sound like an idiot asking this question but I never knew the answer, what is a glider kit with Pierces?

[/quote]

No question makes anyone sound like an idiot...Idiots dont ask questions- intelligent people do!

A glider kit, to my knowledge, is basically a truck without an engine, or sometimes without an engine or a pump. The manufacturer will use the engine, pump, sometimes the frame off an old rig and install new cab and body. As compared to a refurb which just paints up a rig and maybe udgrades some other things such as lighting, electrical and striping, a glider kit refurb is more new truck than old, while a refurb is more old truck than new.

Hope that helps...

Imperial Fire Apparatus Rancocas, NJ - Frank B - 10-08-2009

Thanks for the additional post guys! Mike, the Chassis is an PemFab. PemFab called them Imperials up to 1976. Some have the Imperial logo like the one I posted above on them. Pierce, and Pierreville used these chassis also.

This is like the Hahn chassis used by Fire Tec, Saulsbury and JACO that are often missidentified as Hahn fire trucks.

Jay the Lakes Volunteer Fire Company Imperial has wide single tire dual rears. Very unusual, similar to those of rear steer trucks. This truck was sold to Hidden Valley VFD Sparta TN

Imperial Fire Apparatus Rancocas, NJ - Guest - 10-08-2009

Frank,

Imperial also had a long name plate used on thier rigs, usally located on the engine covers. I have one at my house from a 73 Imperial Demo that was sold to Edgely fire Company when they bought thier 75 Imperial/LTI Aerial Ladder. The pumper was dedicated to my great uncle, so I have the dedication plaque and logo plate.

A.J

Imperial Fire Apparatus Rancocas, NJ - Frank B - 10-09-2009

Darby Township PA Delaware county ordered 3 Imperial Ford C rigs in 1974. These trucks were identical with exception of the color.

Briarcliffe Fire Co station #75 (Red)--Rich Gergel photo

Good Will Fire Co station #77 (White)

Darby Township #4 Station #76 White over red)

1000gpm Waterous 500gal water tank

od thing was the battery for these trucks was a regular truck battery mounted under the cab floor.

They were to small for fire apparatus service and had to get replaced alot.

Darby Township #4 1974 Imperial Ford C

Clifton Heights PA Delaware County station #3

1973 Aerial Grove 100' mid mount

Imperial did not deliver many of these.

First photo by Richard Adelman shows the rig in origional condition, wheel well compartments were only one level,

paint differences and notice minor changes in the cab, gold leafing lights and embems missing.

1973 Imperial Aerial delivered to Clifton Heights after changes

The Clifton Heights Aerial was sold to Holmes Fire Co Delaware County Station #43

Imperial Fire Apparatus Rancocas, NJ - Guest - 10-09-2009

[quote name='ffdrive' date='08 October 2009 - 12:24 PM' timestamp='1255017876' post='341588']

No question makes anyone sound like an idiot...Idiots dont ask questions- intelligent people do!

A glider kit, to my knowledge, is basically a truck without an engine, or sometimes without an engine or a pump. The manufacturer will use the engine, pump, sometimes the frame off an old rig and install new cab and body. As compared to a refurb which just paints up a rig and maybe udgrades some other things such as lighting, electrical and striping, a glider kit refurb is more new truck than old, while a refurb is more old truck than new.

Hope that helps...

[/quote]

Very close, A true glider uses all the major parts from a older rig, engine, pump, transmission,rear axle. Most time they use a new front axle that has better brakes and a greater load rate

Imperial Fire Apparatus Rancocas, NJ - atlanticfiretrucks - 10-10-2009

Moncton, NB Canada ran 2 1994 Pemfab Imperial/Metalfab pumpers at Engine 1 and Engine 5. Recently replaced with 2008 E\-One Cyclone II pumpers. The former Engine 5 now sits at the MFD training grounds.

Metalfab Serial #M94-1284