Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
Howie Smith's Maxims - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Member's Rigs/restoration Projects (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: Howie Smith's Maxims (/showthread.php?tid=2086)

Pages: 1 2

Howie Smith's Maxims - Guest - 07-04-2006

Since I had my "toys" scattered all over the thread in the last Firepics forum, this new format lets me post some pics and keep them altogether.

First is a 1932 Maxim that I co-own with my Dad. It was formerly from East Bridgewater, MA and was sold to Becket, MA and used as a muster truck. It had several owners and was even used as irrigation at an apple orchard. She has been cleaned up, not a true restoration - but everyone still likes it.

Between my father and I, we own four old Maxims and one antique car. Breaks down as follows:

1932 Maxim pumper, formerly East Bridgewater, MA

1942 Maxim Emergency Defense Trailer pumper (Civil Defense), formerly Fall River, MA

1946 Maxim pumper, formerly Wareham Fire District, MA - Engine 2

1961 Maxim "S" pumper, formerly Town of Wareham, MA - Engine 2

1931 Ford Model A Roadster

Right side of the 1932 Maxim

Some older photos taken of my 1946 a few years ago. I liked the background though. More photos can be seen on my website: [url="http://www.maximfiretrucks.com"]UnOfficial Maxim Motor Company Homepage[/url]

1946, right side

Front view of the 1946

My trailer before I took possession of it. More photos to follow as work progresses.

rear view of the business end

Howie Smith's Maxims - Guest - 07-09-2006

hey howie hows it going , still love the maxims . had mine in the 4th of july parade up here in vermont , i hope to post pics of it but still new to this pics posting hope to figure it out take care bob

Howie Smith's Maxims - Guest - 07-10-2006

howie , i am looking for parts for the officers door on my maxim, the village garage in port chester tried to fix it when it was in service and used a handel off a garbage truck and it worked for one day now you have to open the door from the inside thought you might now where to get one ,cant up here in vermont find one thanks bob

Howie Smith's Maxims - Guest - 07-11-2006

Bob, I sent you a private message with a phone number...

Howie Smith's Maxims - Guest - 07-11-2006

thanks howie i got the private message

bob

Howie Smith's Maxims - Guest - 09-16-2006

1961 Maxim "S" pumper, formerly Town of Wareham, MA - Engine 2

Howie do you have any pictures of these trucks!

Fran

Howie Smith's Maxims - Guest - 09-23-2006

Quote:1961 Maxim "S" pumper, formerly Town of Wareham, MA - Engine 2

Howie do you have any pictures of these trucks!

I keep forgetting to reply, sorry! Here is the only decent photo I have of my Dads truck. This was taken a few years ago. It has since been stripped down to cab and chassis, and the repainting has begun. The engine is back in it and the assembly is about half done.

I have no photos of the 1931 - but its not a firetruck. Just included that in the tally - as most of the Smith women include it in the "junk list." (LOL) For the record, my sister and brother-in-law have no fire engines but own two 1930's Ford Model A pickup trucks - both in running/parade-ready condition. I'll work on those pics if you still have an interest.

Howie Smith's Maxims - Guest - 09-26-2006

Factory photo of my Dads rig...

Howie Smith's Maxims - Citywide 231 - 04-18-2007

Howie, I never knew you guys had an S model. That will be one pretty truck all fixed up.

Howie Smith's Maxims - Guest - 04-21-2007

Doug,

That one is my Dads. My mother bought it for him for their 25th wedding anniversary back in the mid 1990's. It was sitting in a junkyard about to be scrapped. She got it cheap and it needed ALOT of work. But when my father was first promoted to LT, he worked on the truck so it has some sentimental value.

It sat untouched for a long time because it really needed almost a frame up restoration. Which is why we bought the '32 Maxim. That ran and he could at least drive something.

BUT, he's finally had some free time and put alot of work into the '61 the last 2 years. He has the rebuilt Waukesha back in it and I helped him put the front fenders back on last week. Doubtful he'll make it to Lynnfield this year, but he's hoping to have it roadworthy for the fall.

Howie Smith's Maxims - Guest - 04-21-2007

Here is the most recent pic that I took in December 2006. It has since been moved indoors and alot more done to it. The paint was a quick sandblast/paint to keep the rust from taking over and will not be the finished color.

I have to say, that he is doing a great job with it so far.

Howie Smith's Maxims - Guest - 05-06-2008

Just adding some newer photos of my Dads truck when it was finally done. These were taken by me in October 2007 in her maiden voyage just after a parade in Wareham, MA

One more...

[quote name='Howie' post='211522' date='May 6 2008, 17:00 ']One more...[/quote]

Howie,

Why did they lable it Forest Fire and Out of District ??